Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-22-2018, 11:05 PM Reply   
Case in point, just the most recent of many. (2) juvenile offenders go on an armed robbery spree overnight robbing 16 individuals in a matter of a few hours . Police arrest them and they’re in possession of illegal firearms . Not enough points to hold them in custody , they go home with their parents 6hrs later . One is arrested next day in stolen car after he wa released to his guardian . You seriously can’t make this up. The 15yo in custody has 25 arrests and the 16yo has 32 arrests over 50% are felonies. Neither have spent time in jail for their previous arrests. No worries though. All those arrests will be expunged in a couple of years. Don't you just love it when the system works?

Why should these violent felonies just disappear because you hit certain age ? At what point do you finally hold someone accountable ? How the heck do these POS go home after that ?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-23-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
A Thug in High School is a Thug when he gets out. Libral policy’s of “not reporting” violent crimes to police to try and keep junivile snowflakes records clean threw high school and (handling issues in house) better knows as “schools to prisons” policy’s created people like Nicholas cruise who shot up parkland. If that little roache’s high school history had been reported and police had been involved he would’ve have had a record and that would have made him in eligible to own and purchase a firearm in the first place. Yes you can blame liberal policy’s like that one directly to gun violence.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2018, 11:02 PM Reply   
Are you sure they don’t run juvi records as adults? We run them. Here, they are only public as far as I know, but criminal they are open. I can run them. Chit doesn’t disappear.

I agree, bad kids, punish and prosecute. Depending on crime, charged as an adult.

This whole boogy man “liberal” is the issue for everything for you G amuses me.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2018, 11:04 PM Reply   
I shouldn’t say “public”, no they are not public, but I can get them. They don’t “disappear”.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-24-2018, 12:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Are you sure they don’t run juvi records as adults? We run them. Here, they are only public as far as I know, but criminal they are open. I can run them. Chit doesn’t disappear.

I agree, bad kids, punish and prosecute. Depending on crime, charged as an adult.

This whole boogy man “liberal” is the issue for everything for you G amuses me.
Juvi records as well as criminal history are inadmissible in court unless the defense opens the door. Juvi records are also not able to be used for criminal upgrades .....example ,unlawful useossession of weapon by a felon is a higher gun charge. When a Juvi turns 18 his felony record for all his felony convictions is no longer relevant , and for purposes of classifying the individual who now just turned 18, their status as a “convicted felon “ for purposes of criminal upgrades and sentencing purposes is basically reset until they are convicted of a felony as an adult. So in essence their first arrests as an adult are free from appropriate “convicted felon “ or “ repeat armed violence “ upgrades.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-24-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-24-2018, 1:17 AM Reply   
Forgot to explain “repeat armed violence “ charge. In essence if you two felony convictions for any number of violent felonies (from a select list ) you third strike if your caught with an illegal gun is upgradable . Under current conditions a Juvi could have welll over that required amount, let’s say (5). Minute they turn 18 and catch another gun case those previous (5) convictions essentially disappear and said ****bag needs to accumulate those markers again as an adult in order to be eligible fir the stiffer penalty.

As far as Grant’s comment above....... while maybe not the most pc /snowflake acceptable delivery. It’s substance is 100% correct.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2018, 8:58 PM Reply   
Yes, just clear, they don’t disappear. They are there & in the adult criminal justice system, we use them.

As far as your rebuttal re: Grant, meh...we can agree to disagree. So you disregard the country club kid that makes a big mistake and gets that benefit. I’m not saying it’s equal, but this isn’t some liberal give these kids a break, it’s money driven from those knowing they have kids without their frontal lobe not fully developed and will f up their future. If you’re some single parent kid with no thoughts of college, actually no thoughts of 20....a felony doesn’t mean chit. If you’re a kid worrying about SAT’s and getting into Brown, makes a Hell of a lot of difference....well, everything.