Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-16-2017, 2:56 PM Reply   
Short of fin configuration is there a way to make a board faster?
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-16-2017, 4:58 PM Reply   
Not really
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-16-2017, 5:32 PM Reply   
Lose some weight
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-16-2017, 5:34 PM Reply   
Ha. Im 165. Have cwb ride and trying to get the most out of it till next year
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-16-2017, 5:46 PM Reply   
That board is slow as ****. Too much camber
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-16-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
Get a soulcraft
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-16-2017, 7:11 PM Reply   
If it is glossy, sand it or spray a texture surface to it. If it is dirty, clean it.

Also, not just fin configuration, but the right fins or better fins can make all the difference.

Otherwise, get the right custom. Nothing faster than a Chaos.

Nick
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-17-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
I am curious, wouldn't glossy be faster then texture. My mind would be texture would be rough so slower??? just curious on that.

Also, I agree nothing faster then a chaos!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
No. I won't go into all the physics here, but basically adhesion, cohesion, surface tension, etc., are good subjects to look at. It is not as simple as the basic principals of friction and frictional loss.

In simple terms water molecules tend to stick to glossy surface more than a rough or sanded surface. Think of it like trying to lift a smooth piece of glass off the waters surface versus a rough or texture surface. The way water molecules react around textured surfaces is different. Why does a dimpled golf ball fly farther then a smooth ball?

Nick
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-17-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
that was a great example since im a golfer. Thanks that's interesting and working looking into more.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-17-2017, 11:54 AM Reply   
I do a lot of painting and wet sand with many different grits. What would you say i shoul try wet sanding it with. And is there a method as far as a straight line. Side to side front to back. Thanks for the great info. I know the board is not the greatest but willing to try to make it a little better.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2017, 12:23 PM Reply   
General consensus is 400 nose to tail is the best of aesthetics and function, aside from a micro textured spray finish. Most custom built boards from quality factories get an acrylic sealer or two part spray finish on them.

Some swear by 200-300 grit nose to tail , but this is going to look more murky/milky/cloudy when dry.

Nick
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-17-2017, 12:44 PM Reply   
Thanks. I was thinking 600 but i have some 400 also.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
I prefer, 600. It gives a great look.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-18-2017, 6:26 PM Reply   
Nick, how do I get ahold of you to talk about designing a custom Chaos board? Been riding a Neo and really love it, however I went out with a few friends the other day who both just got new Soulcraft boards "The Emily" version...I was pretty amazed at how much faster it was than my Neo, carving was lighter/faster and I was getting decent air, really liked the feel. Anyway, heard lot of good things about your boards too and wanted to look into the options.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       08-18-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitysurf View Post
Nick, how do I get ahold of you to talk about designing a custom Chaos board? Been riding a Neo and really love it, however I went out with a few friends the other day who both just got new Soulcraft boards "The Emily" version...I was pretty amazed at how much faster it was than my Neo, carving was lighter/faster and I was getting decent air, really liked the feel. Anyway, heard lot of good things about your boards too and wanted to look into the options.
Get a soulcraft...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-19-2017, 5:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
If it is glossy, sand it or spray a texture surface to it. If it is dirty, clean it.

Also, not just fin configuration, but the right fins or better fins can make all the difference.

Otherwise, get the right custom. Nothing faster than a Chaos.

Nick
True on the Chaos. Every person that has ridden my Chaos Bamboo Sixer says it's the fastest board they've ever been on. Still loving the handmade one you delivered to me at the Hula Hut Nick.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-19-2017, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitysurf View Post
shredstixxusa@gmail.com I believe is still Nick's email. Great guy to deal with. I'm lucky to live within an hour of where he shapes his boards. Instead of shipping my Chaos Sixer he met me at a restaurant on the lake and delivered it. Also gave me a board sock no charge.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   
I can be reached at nick@chaossurfco.com or 5126934823

Nick
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       08-19-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks, I will be in touch
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-21-2017, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I can be reached at nick@chaossurfco.com or 5126934823

Nick
Nick does take great care of everyone. I know he has for me!!! love my sunglasses!!!!! I am waiting for this winter to order my new board. I want to do it as a reward for losing some weight. Is Ashley riding your chaos board this past weekend in the championship??? I know my next board will be bright PINK so everyone on my lake knows its mine!!!!!

Really the sixer the fastest?? More then team pro? I do love my ringer!!!!