Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-25-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
Would this be the first ever fully floating cable system put together by Antelope Point Marina? They are so far ahead of any marina on the lake is crazy to see. They started with a winch and a few legit rails for a few years and jumped to the cable system. Just this week was the first test on their floating cable system in the marina. I will be heading down for their annual New Years party and hope to give this cable a go all weekend long. This will be the first ever cable that I will session and hope to have a full write up of my experience. Time to watch some vids of Deigo Shaw and Nick Kamper and hope I ride like I know what to expect.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-25-2011, 11:52 PM Reply   
Been so busy this last few months i have not been keeping tabs on things here. glad someone has an eye on my back yard.
looks like a buddy of mine... PUNK! gona have to have a word with him not sayin' anything to me!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Super loud cable. Doesn't seem to be a continuous ride. Cool floating concept.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-26-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
GQ ~ When I get down there I will talk to them about the turn around. Looks like it can be done, just might need a little instruction. I also noticed the noise, is 2.0's that loud?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-26-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
the only experience i have with the 2.0 is at the tempe AZ redbull wakelab. You could hear that thing zip across even over the music, crowd cheers, and the announcer. I really strongly doubt this system is much louder if at all.

...but then again, the wakelab was quite some time back. maybe the newer 2.0 systems are quieter??

check this video piece i took from the wake lab.
skip to like the 0:30 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrffY2DDDAQ

confirmed that i know the guy riding. gona have to ask him some more questions

Last edited by wakerider111; 12-26-2011 at 4:49 PM.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-26-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
Oh i'm definitely gonna hit that thing up next time I go to antelope!