Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
So at Spring Ride this last weekend I was in the Axis 22 all day on Saturday with Adam McCall from Axis. I drilled him on the boat and put it trough its paces. I have to admit it is a quality boat with a lot of features that are usable.
The boat rides solid and the wingless wind shield has its benefits. I was not able to get any spray close to coming through the missing glass loaded or not. The room in the boat is very impressive at one time there were four people in the nose and it was cozy but not cramped like you see in a lot of the front seating.
The controls for the ballast are easy to access and the 2010 will offer some serious weight with the model I was driving caring over 2000 pounds of water weight.
The wake was large and peaky with a lot of the the same characteristics Malibu lovers will find to be very familiar. There is a lot to like about the Axis and you should definitely check it out if your in the market for a new boat.

For anyone in the area close to the Delta I am putting together a weekend next month to be able for you to come out and demo the boat, ride behind it and check it out thoroughly. If your not patient enough to wait a few weeks then go and see the guys at Boat Country and they will be glad to give you the run down on the new Axis 22.

Upload
photo by Nate
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-11-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
I will say it looks 1000000 times better on the water than its promo shots made it look.
Speakers, racks, etc etc really help it out (but what boat doesn't it)

Is the wake pretty much a Bu'?
Old     (bizz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-11-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Memorial day weekend we are putting on a demo with Axis boats and Company Wakeboards at the Delta Wakeboard Camp's Tower Park location. Everyone come out see the boats and boards. Watch some new movies and have a great time. Randall Harris and Eddie Valdez will also be on hand.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-11-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
I was in the boat all day with Gary (Thanks Gary!). Even though I was unable to drive or ride behind the boat I was very impressed. I was in the bow shooting all day and never once had a double up roller come over the nose :-)

The stock wake looked nice also on it.

Looking forward to the demo day so I can finally get to fully check the wake out!
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
it is pretty cool looking in person. I checked both of the ones that spring ride. The wake looked nice much like a malibu wake nice and rampy. For the price though why not just stick with a v ride. It seems to be the same boat for the most part and the prices are the same or lower. or a close out VLX. i dont really see the reason for these boats at the price point they have them but thats just me.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
I think the most impressive part is the ballast system that's it's available with. It comes right out of the box with a stompin' wake.

We used the boat saturday morning to set the Red Bull buoys. You know I had to take a few extra minutes and load up all the ballast, drop the wedge and give it a wake check. It looked great. I was very impressed. I'm thinking dumped X1-ish. Maybe a bit wider. It's definitely a Bu wake. If you like that, you'll love this boat.

Thanks to Adam and the boys at Boat Country for hauling the A-22's out. It was cool to get a on-the-water demo.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-11-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
You can't really compare the price of a close out boat... what about next year when the prices of Axis boats are on closeouts?
Yea you could probably get a v-ride for the same price but it doesn't come with as many options or as much ballast

Just saying my opinion on that idea

I do understand what you are saying though on the price.. I think the same as everyone - prices need to come down
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-11-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I do believe that Chad Borba was there with one of the Axis boats from ETCO marine in Visalia. Great Guy not to mention pretty good rider. Hit him up if you are close to Fresno/Visalia
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       05-11-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
i would agree, i think for me i see it just kind of floating in a area that well taken care of with other boats.

My thing is it does look pretty cool in person. For the right price i would be one for sure.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-11-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Yup... Chad was the crazy guy running around making sure everything was all taken care of for us. Super cool guy. Thanks Chad.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
Awesome, I'm glad the Spring Ride was able to provide a bunch of demo opportunities. Sounds like they got the exposure that we all hoped for.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-12-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
I thought it looked sweet outside the water but in, it looks really good. I would love to have one.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
We are going to have Axis bring a few boats brought to Delta Wakeboard Camp for demos during our Memerial Day party May 23rd. at Tower Park Resort. Come and check them out. Randall Harris will be there for Q&A and autographs. Come and check it out.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
Trever Maur went back and rode the A22 on Sunday. He said it was impressive. The wake was big, solid and easy to push off of. It did not break through. The transition was long and like a BU. He landed his hammers first try. It drove very straight, turned well and did not get pulled over on a hard edge. Big roomy and comfortable. Adam, Trever said thanks for the pull and stay in touch.
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-12-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Trever Maur went back and rode the A22 on Sunday. He said it was impressive. The wake was big, solid and easy to push off of. It did not break through. The transition was long and like a BU. He landed his hammers first try. It drove very straight, turned well and did not get pulled over on a hard edge. Big roomy and comfortable. Adam, Trever said thanks for the pull and stay in touch.