Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-27-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
anyone use them before, and how where they to work with.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-27-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
they charge 10% of top of what the seller wants I believe, not sure though, stay away, its just a brokerage.
Old     (lbostons)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-27-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Yep I found their stuff over priced. I took a look and then moved on.
Old     (jkanesmith)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
I used them to sell a boat, they add their percent on top of your asking price so you get what you're asking. They were great to work with when I used them and they got me what I was asking.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-27-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
I emailed a low ball offer on one of their boats once. The guy bragged about how much he ripped off the person that supposedly bought the boat even though it remained on their site for months after this exchange. I replied in a rude manor because I can. I'm a customer and professionalism is not required. His reply back to me was probably the most unprofessional response I've ever had from a person representing a business. Sorry I can't remember anything that was said as this was a few years ago. He had the option of just ignoring my email and pressing the delete button but instead he chose to send insults. I sent another reply to further goat him into more dialogue and he sent yet another response full of insults and unprofessionalism. It was entertaining but it also showed me what kind of people I was dealing with. I wouldn't give Popyachts any of my business either way after that display. The salespersons that they hire appear to have absolutely no self control.
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-27-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
Run, don't walk away.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-27-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
im beginning to see the light, they have a boat listed that I really want to make an offer on but the one guy that returns my calls says he cant do the deal I have to work with this other guy who wont respond to anything, emails , calls ect so a week has gone buy and I cant contact the seller, so I sent the first guy an email asking if he could light a fire under "my" salesman's butt he said he cant believe the guy hasn't contacted me yet. go figure. he's probably too comfy living on his mommas couch to pick up the phone.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-28-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
I found the boat on craigslist, the owner has it listed for 3 grand less than pop yachts so I contacted him directly I might get a boat after all.
Old     (lbostons)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-28-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
That would be freaking great! Good luck Padawaan
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-28-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
John, now that they have your email, prepare for the bayiner/4winns listings until you block their email.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-28-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
yup. looked at one of their boats and now get a barrage of crownlines and crap i'd never even consider. setup a dummy email to talk with them
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-12-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
i know this thread is old, but wanted to warn everyone that pop yachts is getting more crafty and relentless.

I have my boat up for sale on Craigslist. After a few days, I get an email from craiglists, "Hi, I saw your 23 LSV on craigslist. I am interested in it and had a few questions. My name is Steve, can I call you to discuss?"

So I respond with a contact number, as is par for craigslist inquiries.

Enter the non stop pop yacht text messages, one a day for past 2 weeks, from a different number every time.
"hi, I am jenn, would you like to list with us'
"hi, my name is barry from pop yachts and we can sell your boat"
"hi, this is tina from pop yachts, we can get you asking price and boat sold in 10 days".
and on, and on, and on