Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       06-13-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
I can do a solid toeside jump but whenever I go to do my frontroll I get no lift and I can't get my full rotation. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-13-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
I fought with these for a long time , my problem was that I was trying to roll to soon on the wake, I had to wait until I just hit the peak of the wake to roll. I have the rotation now but still have issues with sliding out when I land sometimes. Good luck !
Old     (ladbg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2011, 4:28 AM Reply   
Keep the handle as close to your lead hip as possible this will keep you spinning. Whenever I under rotate this trick it is because I let the handle out.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Can you do a scarecrow?
**I would learn that first, it will make the frontroll a lot easier**

*Tips - as I do mine (without seeing yours all I can do) so it may not work right for you
1. Edge out a little further and come into the wake a little strong than you would for a stright TS jump.
2. Keep the handle RIGHT on your front hip
3. Edge all the up and through the wake and make sure you don't start rotating too early
4. Pop and throw your head and shoulders straight over your back foot
*Some people can do it with two hands - I need to drop my rear hand or I do an elephant/scarecrow
5. Drop rear hand if needed
6. As you come around you should be able start to spot your TS horizon/landing
7. Extend your legs and try and get your weight to the balls of your feet
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-16-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
I would say the opposite of Nick.

I like the progression of a Front Roll then a Scarecrow because more than anything the roll teaches form. The scarecrow you can get away with just chunking it.

As said edge out farther than normal.
Take a hard cut all the way through the wake standing very tall off the wake. The straighter you keep your back the easier innitiating the roll is.
Wait on your pop then drop your back hand and throw a front flip.
Keep your knees in until you spot the water.
Then stick it.

If you are under rotating and sliding out... make sure you are waiting to throw the trick post pop, make sure your back is and chin are up on your approach, and remember to hold your flip until you actually spot the water. Over rotating is pretty tough to do.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-16-2011, 3:12 PM Reply   
After you're comfortable landing this... do the exact same thing and drop your front hand instead of your back, boom scarecrow, on axis, with the proper form for turning it into a crow-mobe.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2011, 4:31 AM Reply   
Davis
"If you are under rotating and sliding out... make sure you are waiting to throw the trick post pop, make sure your back is...."
back is what??????????????
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-21-2011, 2:23 PM Reply   
Leave the flip later. As you edge in ensure you keep your chest up. Look at the drill on the homepage. Edge up to the top of the wake and then pop. Make sure you take the pop straight up and then throw the flip. Stay tucked and glance at your landing through the hole between your torso and your lead arm. Then when you know where to land, let go with your back hand, get the head up and look for the shore at the part you'll continue edging out towards once you've landed. As you land shove the handle back towards the boat with your lead hand to keep you going in your direction, not the boat's. Don't twist you shoulder like you would to go to blind though, just shove your arm back.
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-21-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
Keep the handle down on the hip. Lower is better. Imagine trying to flip over a fence~ the line is the fence. The lower the handle on your center of gravity, the better. Leaving early, letting the handle out, and letting the handle move up your side from your hip are the 3 things that lead to under rotating.
Old     (xclay89x)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-22-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
I don't mean to jack a thread or anything. I just didn't want to make a new thread over the same thing. I have been trying the toe front for a while. I don't get what I am doing wrong on the landing. I have some ideas, but nothing seems to be working. Here is a video. Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be great!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....40206&comments
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-23-2011, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9fxr View Post
Davis
"If you are under rotating and sliding out... make sure you are waiting to throw the trick post pop, make sure your back is...."
back is what??????????????
Hey sorry bud, don't check here that often. " Back is Straight and chin is up" Just reffering to your form as you edge into the wake.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-26-2011, 3:58 PM Reply   
vids blocked Clay due to privacy settings
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-01-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
On your approach... cut all the way up through the top of the wake. That is very important. If you don't do that and instead square off too early you will not get much air and will land on your ass/back edge of the board. Once you have reached the top of the wake you first stand tall and square off, and right after standing tall throw your head down as hard as you can. After you get the hang of it you probably wont have to throw as hard.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-31-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
I just learned this one this year with the help of Dave Briscoe. What helps me on the pop is LITERALLY watch your front foot toes hit the peak of the wake, then pop and go over the front. This will keep you from throwing it too early. I still have issues on the landing, but this is what helped me get the pop correct.

If you're riding sometime soon, shoot me a PM, I'm local and can help out if you want