Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-02-2021, 2:06 PM Reply   
Anybody still ride that has opinions on this board? Looking for some more consistency coming from the Ronix One 2019 version.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       03-03-2021, 4:30 AM Reply   
There was a thread on this late last year I believe.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-03-2021, 5:55 AM Reply   
I rode the One in 2020 and just switched to the Supreme. In prime conditions the ONE is super-forgiving and I have had some of my best sets on it, but the flat wide belly struggled in chop. The Supreme is the best in crap conditions, but the RXT is bad to the bone. I ride on The Creek in South Houston where we have a lot of rails so the supreme's sintered base is a perfect fit for me. If I was only hitting wake, RXT would be my top pick.

I like all three for different reasons, but everyday boat only--the RXT is tops.
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-04-2021, 7:15 AM Reply   
I ride the RXT and I'm coming from the Ronix William. I've not ridden a One board in years so I can't comment on that direct comparison. Compared to the William, the RXT is slightly slower and takes slightly more effort to initiate a turn into the wake...I mostly notice this on toe side. But it pops higher and (biggest thing for me) has softer landings. It's also less likely to catch an edge. I've had a couple sketchy landings where I know the William would have caught an edge and with the RXT I was able to recover. Overall an improvement for me and my favorite board to ride after 18 years of riding. A great balance of speed, pop. landings, forgiveness, consistency, etc.
Old     (ScottyP)      Join Date: Jul 2016       03-06-2021, 5:03 AM Reply   
Confirming the comments above!

The RXT is just hands down the best board I’ve ever ridding in 24 years of boards. I rode the ONE for about 10 years, maybe 7 different boards. I was worried about switching to continuous....but somehow it pops just as much. The best part is the predictability you get from continuous.

It’s extremely light, but has been really durable (I was worried about that with how light it is) and it spins super easy and fast. Landings are extremely forgiving on spins.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       03-06-2021, 9:11 AM Reply   
Wow. Ringing endorsement. Well that settles it I will be looking to demo one asap. I am coming from a Hyperlite Tribute. I love it but the only complaint is that it is a little heavy being a 10 year old board. I am 6'2" 215lbs so I worry that hard landings in the flats may break one of these newer lighter and more expensive boards.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-10-2021, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
Wow. Ringing endorsement. Well that settles it I will be looking to demo one asap. I am coming from a Hyperlite Tribute. I love it but the only complaint is that it is a little heavy being a 10 year old board. I am 6'2" 215lbs so I worry that hard landings in the flats may break one of these newer lighter and more expensive boards.

I totally echo all of the above about how great the RXT is...I bounce back and forth between the RXT and the Supreme. I will add though that, with you at 215lbs, the other really awesome thing is the RXT comes in a 148. Normally that large a board could be a weight issue, but with the incredibly light (but durable) construction of the RXT you can run big and still have a light board. You could get away with the 144 also, but if possible try them both.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-11-2021, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
I totally echo all of the above about how great the RXT is...I bounce back and forth between the RXT and the Supreme. I will add though that, with you at 215lbs, the other really awesome thing is the RXT comes in a 148. Normally that large a board could be a weight issue, but with the incredibly light (but durable) construction of the RXT you can run big and still have a light board. You could get away with the 144 also, but if possible try them both.
So I rode the RXT 144 and it was amazing. One of the only boards outside of my Tribute that I got on and immediately felt at home on. I plan on riding the 148 but my question is ...... IS it durable enough? I heard 2 different people say they cracked theirs on hard landings. I hate to get a $800 board (ughhh) and break it after a few hard hits into the flats. I did ride the Rusty also and really liked it even in the crappy rough water conditions I rode it in. What board will be durable enough to ride for years like my Tribute?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-12-2021, 5:38 AM Reply   
I rode a 140 RXT and I have been goofing on 144 lately (while I heal from injury) and will probably stay on it. I'm not known for breaking boards and have never broke an RXT. Some people were prone to breaking the RXTs in 2019 and for 2020 they extended the carbon strips in the middle of the board passed the boots. I believe that cured it.

Two of the hardest rippers I know Vic Sanchez and Eric Deegan (2 and 3 at Nationals Masters) have been riding that shape for years and have never broke one. They go huge on a super big wake every day.