Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-06-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
I was searching for a way to lock our surf boards on the tower at night. Some times we camp out a public camping areas or leave it in the marina for the night and I would like to be able to have a cable lock or something to secure the boards. I know it only a deterrent but there must be something I have be able to fit a couple of boards in the back locker. But I have one board that will not fit. Anyone have something that works

Thanks
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2015, 3:52 PM Reply   
This is what I use
http://www.storeyourboard.com/board-...utm_medium=cpc
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-09-2015, 6:01 AM Reply   
thanks for the tip, i dont have any plugs for a leash, and i dont want to remove a fin every day, is anyone else using anything, i was thinking of some kind of retractable cable
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-09-2015, 6:31 AM Reply   
Do you have enough room to put them in a Vdrive locker that locks? My boat has one locker that has the master on/off switch and it has a locking latch and I can get 2 surf boards and a wakeboard in there. At least its a little less to carry. Maybe just putting all the boards in the rear lockers or under the seats would be enough to keep the boards out of sight, out of mind for the random target of opportunity type of board snatchers.

Last edited by Ewok01; 07-09-2015 at 6:33 AM. Reason: .
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-09-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
We normally have three boards with us. Two will fit in the back locker. But I have a longer board that will not fit. I was thinking of some kind of retractable cable
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-09-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
Maybe some type of snowboard cable lock that screws into an open binding hole on a wakeboard?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-10-2015, 9:45 AM Reply   
What racks do you have? (pics would be nice...)
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-10-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
My boat had a divider in the front of the locker. Was removable. Now long boards fit. Might be Worth checking
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-11-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
If you have a cable lock that fits tightly against the board and through your rack, it should be impossible to steal unless they take a boot off. If they had the time to do that, I would be more worried on other, more expensive stuff getting stolen.
Old     (torch318)      Join Date: May 2014       07-12-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
we just use a bike lock
Old     (mxvet)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-15-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
out-of-sight,,,, out-of-mind is best policy to follow.