Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (goridedoo)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-04-2015, 12:30 PM Reply   
Im in market for a new boat and will be a first time owner. Have considered used but am definitely leaning towards new, due to a few things-
1. I know what I am getting
2. I am from South Dakota and there are not alot of options used wake boat wise around here, and I would really like to buy from one of the dealers close to me, our season is short enough here, I dont want to be waiting a few weeks on a minor fix because the local dealer is taking care of THEIR customers first. Neither of the 2 dealers near me have used options that I like.
3. I want a boat that throws a good surf wave with out tons of weight and people piled on one side of the boat. I would like to be able to go out with a couple other people and be able to surf no problem.
4. I really like the idea of being able to get exactly what I want
5. To my knowledge it is easier to get a loan on something brand new vs used, and I should be able to get a better interest rate?

I do realize that the boat will depreciate quite a bit as soon as I pull off the lot, and likely 10-20k after a few years.

I am planning on both surfing and wakeboarding, figuring 70/30 surfing/wakeboarding. I am a beginner along with most of my friends(a couple are pretty good wakeboarders). Right now I am thinking I would like either an A22 or a Craz. Dealers are both an hour and a half away, I liked the axis salesman better, but know many people who have dealt with the Moomba dealer and had good luck. I have also considered a T22 or T23 but I like A better because of the larger bow, walkthrough, and that the space between the seats and floor is not carpeted, I would like to stay away from carpet. Here what I like about the axis-
1. Sounds like the wake and surfwave are both awesome and both extremely easy to set up
2. I like the fact that the boat comes with a wetsounds stereo and that I can get rev410s from the factory.
3. The larger picklefork bow.

And what I dont like-
1. Price. These boats are decently priced... Until you start adding options, then wow. I had over 20k in options, and thats with a plain jane trailer and the standard 350, no Z5, and no zero off. Selling price is just over 70.
2. The new dash seems hideous IMO, but I have not seen it in person.
3. Complaints about fit and finish, I have only been in an A20, and it seemed alright? But I didnt really tear it apart too much.
4. The windshield. Sounds like you get alot of spray

Here's what I like about the Craz-
1. The standard motor is larger, and it also sounds like the closed loop cooling in that motor is a plus.
2. Fit and finish, I have not been in a Craz but was in a Mojo, the interior seemed much nicer than that in the A20.
3. Warranty, 5 years standard on the motor, but sounds like maybe axis is doing the same for 2016?
4. Color options/schemes both inside and out.
5. The option for the non skid flooring.
6. Price. I should be able to get the Craz basically loaded and with a loaded trailer for less than the axis I priced out. I have not priced a Craz out at the dealer yet.

And what I dont like-
1. Not a fan of the stereo options, so I would add this after, but maybe this is a good thing and I know it will be done right and the way I want it.
2. I am afraid that the wake and wave will be inferior to that of the A22, but maybe hard saying as the Craz is brand new. Maybe the wake and wave should be a moot point for a beginner? But I am buying a wake boat... For the wake right?
3. It is a brand new boat and there arent many people with much time in them. Sounds like people who have been in the Craz have loved it... Which seems odds because it sounds like it is basically a shortened mojo, and from what I have read the mojo hasnt been a real desirable boat, maybe this is wrong?

Just looking for opinions on everything, what you guys like and dont. Would be great to get some opinions from people who have spent time in both boats or with both brands, Any input is appreciated. I am looking at ordering sometime in the Nov-Dec time frame.

Thanks

Last edited by goridedoo; 08-04-2015 at 12:33 PM.