Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2016, 9:10 AM Reply   
Hey guys! I have been helping the boys at WHOF upload old school video sections from our favorite wake films from the glory days of wake! We are making sure to preserve and share the history of our beloved sports golden era. Lots of kids out there haven't seen this stuff that's been documented on VHS (or even know what VHS is...)

What video parts do you guys n gals want to see? Let us know and we will get you dialed in!

Check out the WHOF youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuY...2sJWWD1_d0qrYg

Dig up what we have posted so far and please subscribe, like and share the clips.

Follow our facebook page for more inside info!
https://www.facebook.com/wakeboardinghalloffame

RJ-
WHOF Advisor/Historian

http://wakeboardinghalloffame.com/
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-22-2016, 1:10 PM Reply   
Harris - Natural Born Thrillaz!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-22-2016, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hey Darren, thanks for the suggestion! Ronn Seidenglanz has respectfully asked us not to post any of his wakeboard footage at this time. But as soon as we get his approval, we will for sure post Randall's section from NBT's.

Thank you for your support!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-24-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
Anything from "What it's worth!"
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-24-2016, 7:39 PM Reply   
Hey Will, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately at this time, the footage from that video is copyright blocked so I can't convert it from vhs to digital. As is Fluid.

Anything else?

Thank you for your support!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-26-2016, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan & RJ

Thank you for all your work. I love seeing WHOF's posts on my fb feed.

here's two I'd love to see.
Attached Images

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-26-2016, 7:11 PM Reply   
Hey Vinny,

Thanks for the compliments and your support!

I have been in the process of converting footage from Beg, Borrow and Steal. But I don't have Running with Scissors. But I believe Jason Buffalow does. Will double check and let you know.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2016, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have both guys. Ryan - I'll shoot you the link to my cloud to be able to get into my collection. I already have 144 digitized and working on the next 25+ in my personal collection. We will be continue posting clips on WHOF on a regular basis. Thank you for all the support guys. We have a great team that is pushing to get all the videos, photos, and stories documented and put out there to the fans of wakeboarding.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-27-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
+1 for Running with Scissors.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-27-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Collin Wright's two sections in Westside, especially the section where he goes double up for double up with another rider (can't remember his name) who was nailing giant dubs off an I/O boat
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-27-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhanley View Post
Collin Wright's two sections in Westside, especially the section where he goes double up for double up with another rider (can't remember his name) who was nailing giant dubs off an I/O boat
I loved watching Colin Wright, that guy killed it back in the day!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-27-2016, 2:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-27-2016, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-28-2016, 5:03 PM Reply   
Could I also suggest the Mark Kenney video?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-28-2016, 9:09 PM Reply   
Hey Will, there are two clips of Mark that we have posted so far. If you go through the video's on our FB page, you will find them. However, we will be eventually posting another one from him. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
Are there any video clips of dean lavelle? Perhaps one doing the air front to blind seen in this sequence? Unreal
http://www.wake.sg/category/sequences/?cbg_tz=

I found one of him doing a slurpee on the same site but it got taken down :'(
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-06-2016, 10:48 PM Reply   
Vinny, there's several video's of Dean on the WHOF's FB page, but none of him doing a Air Front Flip 2 Blind. I've actually never seen a video of him doing it, at least not in the collection I have.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-09-2016, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Harris - Natural Born Thrillaz!!

Randall's section from NBT's is up on the WHOF's website now. Check it out!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-26-2016, 6:45 PM Reply   
YO how about Oakley's Push Process?

I have looked for Rathy's & Adkison's parts with no such luck :/
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-26-2016, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I loved watching Colin Wright, that guy killed it back in the day!
Colin was the man!!! In one video I can't remember which but he threw like every 3 and 5 both switch and regular back to back, the camera man was using the trail/follow behind shot and it was just amazing. To me he was the first "spin zen" of wakeboarding
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-26-2016, 7:35 PM Reply   
Vinny, got Push Process. Will get those sections up in the near future.

Matthew, the section you are referring to was in FLF's "Monkey On A String". That will also be cued up in the near future.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-27-2016, 5:31 AM Reply   
you da man!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-27-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Randall's section from NBT's is up on the WHOF's website now. Check it out!
I can't find it. Did I miss it?!?!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-27-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
Found it on FB. Thanks Ryan!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-27-2016, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Found it on FB. Thanks Ryan!!
You're welcome, Darren!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-27-2016, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
you da man!
Thanks Vinny!