Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       06-26-2016, 10:56 PM Reply   
Picked up a G21 this year. Wake is ridiculous. Last year I detatched my cornea learnings whirlys and then my Epic sunk so it was kind of a ****ty year. This year has been awesome with the new G. So far I've learned switch tantrums and and TS backroll to reverts. I need to get some more spins and grabs into my riding now. And get some redemption on a whirlybird.

I don't know how to post videos so here's the Instagram link.

https://instagram.com/p/BG50pw_TdI9/
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-27-2016, 5:00 AM Reply   
Wake looks meaty. Switch Tantrum. Now that's not something you see everyday. It was big too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2016, 7:22 AM Reply   
Did you say.......you detached your cornea?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-27-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
That switch Tantrum was solid, very nice. How does the G21 wake compare to an Epic with 4k ballast?
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Did you say.......you detached your cornea?
Maybe CIE really stands for Cornea isn't Enough?
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       06-27-2016, 10:01 PM Reply   
The wake is about the same size as the Epic, maybe a bit bigger. But it's definitely more firm and way less finicky.

I only started riding switch this year but everything I've done has been pretty easy. Could be because I snowboard goofy and wakeboard regular.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-28-2016, 3:26 AM Reply   
Nice riding.

You don't find the g21 finicky? I've always felt it was pretty sensitive for a boat of its size
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       06-28-2016, 5:27 AM Reply   
I haven't noticed it to be finicky at all. I've got 300lbs of lead/extra batteries on the port side to make up for the prop rotation, other than that I just fill the ballast full. My crew is pretty good though, if they notice some wash on one side they'll shift some body weight around to even things out. I also ride a little on the faster side too which might help.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-28-2016, 5:46 AM Reply   
Yea that may be why. I have had a tough time with them in my experience. Seems unique to the 21 not the 23.

We tend to run in the 21.5-23 range so that could be it too. I also like the NCRS down a bit.

Might have to give that a shot.