Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ehcanadian)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-30-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
Awesome People of Wakeworld,

this forum always points me in the right direction when it comes to boards so I come to you again for help.

So I'm coming back from a few bad stretches of bad knees and had repairs done this winter and took a few years off of riding seriously, and want to get back into now that I am healthy. Plus seeing the progression of the students of the wakeboard school I coach at have given me that "itch" to learn some new things as well. That and I will be buying a T23 at the end of this summer
Basically what Im saying is I'm going to be starting fresh i.e back to the beginner stages

Im a 21 year old male weighing 200lbs and 5'9 on a good day. I ride 95% boat but travel to the cable park in NY 2-3 times a summer.

I used to ride a Harley 143 and a Ronix William 140. I loved the looseness of the Harley and the unreal amount of pop. Loved the Speed and Explosiveness Pop and the CONSISTENCY of the William (Just a tad to small). I'm going to be 100% Wake to Wake for the sake of my Knees. Im looking to get a new board in a larger size just help cushion the landings. but also something that will give me to the boot to learn some new tricks.

Boards Im considering (in order) -
Ronix Code 22/21- 143
Ronix Bill (2016) - 145
Liquid Force Watson Dose - 144
Liquid Force - RDX - 142
Liquid Force - Remedy - 142

Honestly the bigger the better in size IMO. So if anyone has some experience with any of these or could throw out some options I would love it!

Thank you guys for all your help over the years-

God Bless!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-30-2016, 9:29 AM Reply   
if wake to wake is your concern I would go for a flex boat. Recoil 145, Response 147, Oracle 143, etc. Flex boards don't land as well in the flats but w2w it is a much easier landing.
Old     (ehcanadian)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-04-2016, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
if wake to wake is your concern I would go for a flex boat. Recoil 145, Response 147, Oracle 143, etc. Flex boards don't land as well in the flats but w2w it is a much easier landing.
Ive actually thought about that but I rode a flex board last year and it didn't feel right to me if that makes sense. I through the Dose and Bill in there because they both have that flex but still boat structured.