Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-19-2010, 11:30 PM Reply   
So... this is not going to be wakesurf related but i figured this was the best spot for some input cause i know most of you know your way around most forms of surfing.

Here at texas state, us college kids love to float the river with tubs. But today I realized I have never seen anyone cruise this river on standup paddleboards before. How sick would that be.

So do any of you own paddleboards? Im really into the idea of getting one. But I know nothing of them? So does anyone have any suggestions on where to pick up a good deal on one of these? I have done a little digging on the net and have already realized this will not be cheap. So I guess i want to get some impute. Or better yet, are any of you selling a used paddle board by any chance?

Thanks.... please don't flame me
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-20-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
I think the paddleboarding thing is awesome. I got the chance to ride one for part of a day last summer and really had a blast. The downside is they cost WAYYYY too much for what you get.

I am interested to see some responses. I have thought about just looking for a used long board and then getting a paddle
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-20-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
That is a tough question! I think a lot more people would have paddle boards if they did not cost so much. Do you have any Play it agains in TX, or cheap sports shops that people can dump equipment to get some quick cash? If so you could ask the owners/managers to give you a ring if they ever get one in. I really like the river Idea, that would be fun for sure! Jon T
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-20-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
Yeah it would be pretty sick here in san marcos. But yes you are all thinking what i am, sooooo expensive! Im looking used, if anyone has one to sell or knows someone who does please post!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-20-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
I got to play around with the new Shred Stixx SUP last year in Austin and had a great time. But like everyone has mentioned, there's a relatively steep entry fee to play.

Here is a link to a shop in Austin that has some pretty good prices on boards compared to others I've seen and who knows, they may be able to help you find a used one in the area
http://www.supatx.com/austin/

You may also want to check this event out, mind be able to find a demo board for a good price or find an in for a used board
http://www.supjamaustin.com/
Old    mobster            03-20-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
http://www.k5.com/ Josh Sleigh works there they have lots of Stand up boards
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-21-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Unfortunately a cheap longboard wont work, even a 10 footer. Suping is huge around here on the gulf. I went a couple times last summer, and it was amazing. I have tried Suping with my Friends 11 foot foam long board, then my local shops sup, and the difference is ridiculous. There are some guys that sup down a river we have here, and they look like there having a good time.

http://www.innerlightsurf.com/

local shop that has a pretty sick deal on a yancy spencer (look in the advertised square to the left)