Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-07-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
I am in the 'getting psyched to ride' mode of the year...the days are getting slightly warmer, the school year has an end in sight, and when I pass the water it doesn't scream 'SHRINKAGE!' like it did for the last couple of months.

So, this means I want a new board. I'm on an '05 3DS, and love its characteristics, but feel I need to change things up in order to get out of my 'learn no-new tricks' funk.

I know I want to try CWB, I know I want a board with pop yet is loose, and I know you will all tell me the Marius or the Transcend. I am restricting this conversation to those two boards, and ONLY the '07 models as I'm cheap and would rather drop 200 vs 400 bones.

I've read all the posts, seen all the 'praise' but not one word of discontent for the '07 Transend. My heart says to get the Marius, because I like continuous rockers, but my hope of a new, innovative ride says the Transcend would be a better option. To those who've ridden these two boards, can you tell me if CWB's statement below should scare me as a continuous rocker fan, or excite me?

"The Transcend has always been a finicky shape reserved for those who are comfortable with their edge and enjoy the hardest wake-to-wake buck out there."

Finally, I'm 6'0, 160, and I ride the 139 3DS. Should I up it to the 142 Transcend? Thanks for your thoughts on these two boards (I don't need the "try the Natural" input, thanks anyway Andy and Jakober
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
In that "finicky" statement they were referring to the previous generation Transcend shape. The 07, rides a lot different. Much smoother and predictable. Personally I liked the old shape better, but I prefer a hard bucking 3 stage. I think the Transcend would be an easy board to transition to from the 3DS. Honestly I would also recommend the 08 Faction for its ride characteristics. Consider a third board perhaps?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-07-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Love the Transcend shape... Not finicky at all.

I'm 6'0 and 160 and ride the 138. I've ridden both. The 142 definitely pops harder, but I like the lower swing weight of the 138.

I've got an extra 138 lying around. Shoot me an email if you're interested.

evan2972@yahoo.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-07-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
No complaints from me either. Love the Transcend.

I personally think the 138 pops harder than the 142, at least from my own personal experience anyway. The 138 rides like a 140 for me. I was able to drop a size without sacraficing speed or landings. I love everything about it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-07-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
No complaints here as well.

I love the 07 and 08 Transcend, my favorite board of all times!!
As for the Marius, I know lots of riders that love the board and I know lots of riders that dislike the board, its just one of those boards you either love it or hate it.
Never had anyone buy or ride the 07/08 Transcend that dident like the board.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
i hate to say it...HAHHA...but i think i'm going to give the transcend a go this year at least for a little while and see how i like it...

evan-jrod-BH which is faster the marius or the transcend?? i liked BG's when i rode it but it was about a raley away from gettin snapped so it was very soft comin off the wake. i want something abrubt and fast. i'm going to jump on both for a while but thought i'd ask anyways while i'm bored here at work NOT doing my job...
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       02-07-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
I didn’t like it. It's better than the previous model but I still don’t like the way it rides. I liked the Marius though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-07-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
I thought the Transcend felt much smoother and faster. I thouight the Marius landed super soft, but Evan informed me that I simply wasn't going as big.

Probably true. I couldn't make the board pop.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-07-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
i felt like i couldnt get it to pop either...but i couldnt tell if it was me, the board about to break, or the doodooo unweighted 210 wake i was riding behind in the tourney...

ohh well i was assured by joel himself that i'd like the transcend...thx homie
Old    sdahockey21            02-07-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
love it.....
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-07-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'm Lovin' It!
Old    walt            02-07-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
So what's the weight difference between the 138 and 140 ?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-07-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
I rode an old premier (3ds shape) and now ride the transcend. I like it but there aresome things I dontike abound it. It rides similar to the 3ds. It won't feel totally out of place. I was landing all my tricks after the first set. What I mainly loveabout that board is with the big rocker, I can preload myfront foot so much more when charging the wake for mass pop. And with teh rocker I can bounce and play on the board more
now what I don't like about it is that itsharder to initiate surface tricks. And sometimes when ridng straight the board has play. Foe no reason it will walk. Its as if when centered. The transcend will all the suddon turn a few degrees (flat not on edge) takes a bit to get used to. Now the Marius. Its a different beast. Wrote rottally different than anything I had been on. I didn't likeit at the time vut I could see that given time it could have grown on me
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-08-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
7.6lbs on the foam 138cm
7.8lbs on the foam 142cm

6.6lbs plat 138cm
6.9lbs plat 142cm
Thats from the 08 cwb dealer book.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-08-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
ugh, I need to check my posts from my iphone better. I sound like an idiot.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-08-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
LOL, I wondered if you were dyslexic, with the rottally comment. I figured no reason to poke fun, but now that I know it was the phone's fault....