Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-21-2016, 9:46 PM Reply   
Summer must be on the way.......I'm back looking through the forums. Question for the experts:

I have a Sanger V230 and I'm wondering if I should change to a 4 blade prop. We spend most of our time surfing, but we still like to waterski. What I understand is that a 4-blade will give us better power out of the hole...true? I'm just wonder the other pros/cons for a 4 blade over a 3 blade? Is it worth the change? Any insight would be appreciated.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-22-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
A 4 blade will not always give you better hole shot, it depends on the pitch of the prop. ACME claims that their 3 blades are just as good if not better than some 4 blades. We have sanger v210 that had a 3 blade 13x13 prop and got an ACME 911 (13x10.5) 3 blade and now it has way better hole shot, it pushes 2500lbs of ballast with half throttle.

How does it do this?
Getting a lower pitch prop moves the torque curve up, so you will loose some top end speed, but gain better hole shot.

Hopefully this should help on recommendations for props. you're probably looking at a ACME 525. whats the deminsions on your prop now?
https://www.wakemakers.com/sanger-wa...oat-propellers

Or you can also call acme and they will give you a recommendation. OJ Props will have usually have 4 blades if you are really interested in getting a 4 blade, but in the end you don't really need it a 3 blade will preform just as good and 4 blade will cost more up front and in repair.

My friend got a 4 blade ACME for his malibu and its almost no different than his original 3 blade, because the pitch hardly changed..