Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-28-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
Have a 97 Sanger v210 that needs a heater core replacement. The heater core is a Acu Heat (now known as Heatercraft) 100-H series. I've looked around on the web,auto stores, and haven't seen anything that will fit the box.

Anyone ever replace one of these? If so, which model heater core did you use?
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2016, 1:05 PM Reply   
NAPA part 660-3100 is referenced in a few places. I've heard others mentioned it can be looked up as a heater core for a '78 Ford LTD2. I'd definitely take in your broken one for comparison purposes, though.
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2016, 2:47 PM Reply   
I just went through this again a couple months ago and Napa changed suppliers and that part number now does not make a good match and it is all aluminum. I went to a radiator shop and the part number they had was 399025 which was a brass and copper core. The heater housing needs to be slightly modified to fit this core in that the hose tube fittings are shorter so the inner rails that the core slides into and the slots for the tubes need to be filed or ground a bit to fit. It's not a tough job and definitely worth the hassle to save the bucks. You'll need a drill for the pop rivets, some more pop rivets and a round file or grinding bit for the drill to adjust the slots. Good luck and plan on about an hour for modifications.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-30-2016, 5:34 PM Reply   
Check at Red Dot, I'm guessing you could measure, find the size you need and then source it through one of their distributors. Here is a heater from Red Dot

http://www.lfsmarineoutdoor.com/red-...ry-heater.html

I installed a R295 in DD several years back and functioned better than the heater craft in my opinion.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-01-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
Hey Jim its Brandon!! haha, the Chico State wakeboard team just picked up this boat. Also does your heater core look like this? I googled your part number and got this. Is this the one you have?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pli-399025
Attached Images

Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2016, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hey Brandon,
Nope, my core has the fittings coming out the side, not the end like what you pictured.
Attached Images

Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-19-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
Ended up getting a custom one made at a radiator shop to fit the box.