Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-07-2017, 5:57 PM Reply   
I have Progressive Boat Insurance that I have had for years now.

I have an older 2006 Malibu VLX
I pay $400 a year for average coverage. My insurance seems like it never really goes down much in price, plus $400 seemed a little high to me.

I call to get it lowered over the phone with the billing dept./ customer service from Progressive. I explained to him that my boat goes down in value, my rates should reflect the decrease more than it does in my opinion. He agrees, but tells me that the Progressive computes the market value into the renewal amount automatically and it shows $400 with what the coverage I want. So I tell him I am going to think about paying my bill right now since I have time and I hang up.

I decided to go to the Progressive website and plug in all my info on my boat as if I was a new customer wanting a quote. Same coverage info form my print out, boat make and model. Guess what?

$277 a year pops up on my screen.

I opened a new account with the new lower rate. Paid for it in full with coverage starting when my current insurance policy expires. I feel better about saving $133, but that is BS that I had do all that to get it. I wonder if he even looked into lowering my rates or he just saw the renewal amount and gave me a line of BS hoping I would just pay the $400.

Just thought I would share.