Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-21-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
Do you feel the boat is too small for a day on the lake. We usually ride with 3-4 people riders and a couple spectators for the most part, but on the lake we can have upwards of 6-8 people. How's the boat for cruising and out at coves? I already no the wake is badass, just the lake day functionality worries me. The thing I kind of like is the non wrap around seating allow a a cooler to be placed behind the driver. Previous boats were a 97' ski centurion DD and a 2001 tige 2100v. The tige interior was massive and perfect, but the wake with spray pockets was less than desirable.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-21-2014, 7:23 PM Reply   
With mine it is great for a day on the lake. If you plan on camping under the bimini all day its gonna be crowded. But with us, the ladies stay in the boat under the bimini and the guys are on the water.

Mine has a built in cooler where the glove box is so you save room on that. It is a 21.5' boat so it isnt small by any means.

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-21-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Oh and 02 and up has thinner gunnels so thats even more room
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-21-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention, it is a 03' and used in salt. The trailer is thrashed but the boat is immaculate. I have no worries on salt because I will be using it in it also. I was hoping to refurbish the trailer, sell it, then get a galvanized one made.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Oh and 02 and up has thinner gunnels so thats even more room
Was the floor lowered as well?
Don't forget the tele flex gauges.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2014, 10:34 PM Reply   
I have an older san 210 and honestly I love the size. I like that it's small. It gives me an excuse to not take out more than 4-6 people. I went and rode on a malibu 247 yesterday that was loaded with 14 people and I couldn't wait to get off that thing. It's nice if you want to invite your entire neighborhood, but going out wakeboarding with 14 people makes for a loooooong day.

I enjoy having a crew of 4-5 max. We all get to ride as long as we want multiple times without worrying about everyone getting a turn. Im sure as i get older and my family grows my attitude will have to change but for now a 21 foot boat is perfect.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-22-2014, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Was the floor lowered as well?
Don't forget the tele flex gauges.
Floor was lowered in 03 and top deck changed then too. Many argue that 2003 was the best year for the 95-06 hull.

I say go for it and then join planetnautique
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-22-2014, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleza View Post
I have an older san 210 and honestly I love the size. I like that it's small. It gives me an excuse to not take out more than 4-6 people. I went and rode on a malibu 247 yesterday that was loaded with 14 people and I couldn't wait to get off that thing. It's nice if you want to invite your entire neighborhood, but going out wakeboarding with 14 people makes for a loooooong day.

I enjoy having a crew of 4-5 max. We all get to ride as long as we want multiple times without worrying about everyone getting a turn. Im sure as i get older and my family grows my attitude will have to change but for now a 21 foot boat is perfect.

Very wise words.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-23-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
Now here the economical question. Is an $25k a good price for an 03' immaculate boat with a viturally worthless trailer? I'm still stuck with the idea that early 2000's was just a few years ago but in reality it's over 10 haha. It's definetely hard to drop alot of cash on an older product. Can you guys convince me that it would be a good purchase! Haha. Anyway, the other option would be a couple year old axis or even an used xstar, lsv, vlx, etc. obviously those boats would easily be double the price, but this 210 seams like a great boat and an great price. The kicker is that any boat we get, would have to be swapped with a galvanized trailer and at least a fresh water flush kit on the transom.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-23-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
03 SAN in immaculate condition is worth 32k plus. So the answer is yes. A trailer will be a few grand but thats still below marketplace value. Do it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2014, 6:48 PM Reply   
Have an '03 and nothing has made me think I have to get something else....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2014, 6:52 PM Reply   
For the record, if I was taking out more than 6 regularly, I may feel different. I LOVE my boat, but it isn't made for 8-10 people or cruising....but for what we do....yea, it works.
Old     (flintwake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-23-2014, 6:58 PM Reply   
I've got an 03. The worst part is the stupid built in cooler on the driver (starboard) side that you hafta cut out to get the 750 fat sac under the seats. There is plent of room. I agree if you wanna pack it out you can but it's a great boat for 4 or 5 riders and some watchers. The tower is really easy to fold down (i'm 6'2") and the boat throws a ridiculous wake at 22.5mph with 750 on each side of the motor and 750 up front. Get the 03. You won't be sorry
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       03-24-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
I echo what others have said so far. I have owned my 03 since 2003. Personally I don't like more than 3-4 riders with maybe 1-2 more passangers. That's pretty crowded by the time you add their gear and a cooler. I run a sac in the bow so that seating becomes useless for people while riding. When just cruising or partying I may load 2 more people (8 total). I wouldn't ever want more than that though. Just not enough space once you throw in coolers, gear, etc. It sounds like you will be in a similar situation as myself so you should be fine.

$25K sounds a bit low IF the boat spotless like you say, but since the trailer is basically junk I guess they are pricing it accordingly. I would take a good look at electrical connections, engine mounts, engine in general... for signs of rust/corrosion. How many hours does the engine have? The risers might be close to their life's end. Look for rusty water marks on the outside of the risers where they bolt to the exhaust manifolds. If the boat doesn't have fresh water flush that would make me ask more questions about the engine and how it was maintained. If you're not comfortable looking at these items, I would strongly suggest having it looked at by reputable dealer (preferably Nautique/PCM dealer) you can trust. Good luck with it!
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
Floor was lowered in 03 and top deck changed then too. Many argue that 2003 was the best year for the 95-06 hull.

I say go for it and then join planetnautique

The floors got lowered in 2002 and the wrap around seating was gone, 03 the new dash and gauges along with a new interior pattern. The ballast also got manual cable valves added allowing to control the flow of water from the dash and each tank was controllable with there own fill/ drain button. 03-05 are essentially identical with the exception of the ugly tower on the 04 . 03 was also the first year of the composite swim platform. In 2006 the hull remained the same but many upgrades/changes were made including new tower and better ballast with jabsco pumps, the big change was the vdrives which made the prop turn left! 07 marked a total redesign!

2002 is basically the half 01 half 03 half 02 lol the interior is all its own, the dash is that of 01, the floor is that of 03+ it also marks the first year of a team edition. Also the late model 02s had the Excaliber PCM 330 engine. One thing a lot of people may not know is the 02 is the only year with no side blower vents, as it's in the back on top of transom, I love this as all the others on the side take on water when heavily weighted to the side for surfing!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post

2002 is basically the half 01 half 03 half 02
My mind is blown.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 12:21 PM Reply   
i just hate how the wrap around seating on the passenger side seemed like an afterthought. i like what mastercraft and malibu did with that much better.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-24-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
I had a 95 super sport, and with more than 5 people it would get crowded and I would have to turn people away. So I bought a supra 24V so I could fit everybody and now no body ever wants to come out anymore. I miss that boat a-lot.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
i just hate how the wrap around seating on the passenger side seemed like an afterthought. i like what mastercraft and malibu did with that much better.

What is it that you hate in this one below?

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2014, 5:01 PM Reply   
or this what you are talking about?

Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-24-2014, 8:49 PM Reply   
It's not that 8 people in an older 210 is too much it's all the chit they will bring with them. In our 03 210 (still hating myself for selling it) 6 people and all their crap was plenty. Add two more and their bags and wanting to bring their own coolers and whatnot and it was a hassle. One cooler behind the driver for everyone and maybe a soft side one in the walkway and tell them to leave all the other crap at home aside from sunblock and a towel. You will be fine with 8 people. Of course I cannot stand more than 6 at a time on a normal day.