Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-19-2016, 6:39 PM Reply   
I love these treads... Amazing how ignorant you pickup truck owners are... ever hear of a overhead cam engine?

Why would someone who can afford a 100k+ boat (disposable income) victimize themself with a ****ty unrefined drive 5 days a week so they can "safely" tow 2 days a week?

Why can't we spend more and get a nice SUV that does it all? Aka Q7, Cheyenne, Touareg, etc.

Btw that was my rant post..sorry if I offended thee
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-19-2016, 8:25 PM Reply   
I have an SE450 and towed it twice with my 5.0 F150. It worked well power wise but towing it 2.5 hours to our lake on the interstate was not all that fun on the suspension when semis would pass. there was a lot of rear sway and the rear felt mushy.

I just upgraded to a F250 and truly could not tell the boat was back there. I have a hard time believing people who say they can't feel 8K(boat, trailer, gear and gas) with a half ton. If you tow less than an hour and stay off the interstate I'm sure the Q7 gets the job done just fine. truth be told I just wanted a 3/4 ton because I prefer driving a tank and feeling like the biggest on the road. It's all personal preference as long as your not way over the combined weight number. That's my take, feel free to disagree.