Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-11-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have always wanted a Malibu or X series and am ready to make the change. Love my 24Ve and the other Tige's I have had over the years. I saw the X-55 and fell in love with all the room.

There is a X-55 for sale nearby that I went on a demo ride this weekend. The owner did not seem to know how to set the boat up for different activities and could not show me a clean wakeskate wake (18mph) or even really a decent surf wake. It has ballast at each rear corner and one in the center but he said none up front? It also has a Left, Center and Right wake plate so lots of options for setup, as well as addition ballast could easily be added in.

We only wakeskate and surf with a rare wakeboard run each summer.

Can anyone share what they know about the wake of the X-55, especially can you get a clean wake at around 18mph? What about the Surf wake?

I have done a few hours of research and find conflicting information. Several posts were saying bigger boats are not good for surfing?
Old     (Mikhale)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-11-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
I have an x-55 and your never going to get a clean wake at those speeds it's a 22 mph + boat but once you get the wake right its BIG and poppy!
Old     (ETrogdon)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-12-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
Bill,
If you could make it to NC I would be glad to get you out on my 24 MXZ, it's advertised on Only Inboards. I know it's a little haul for you, but think you would be really happy with it. I bought my first boat on Lake Lanier and sold our 22 MXZ to a owner there last year. ET