Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       01-12-2015, 5:57 PM Reply   
The boat is a 2006 Moomba Outback V. I am not around the boat right now so I dont have any pictures or the exact hours.

THIS BOAT IS USED
roughly 750 hrs
stored on a lift for four years and in the water for the remainder
always pulled out for the winter, but stored outside
the upholstery is shot
Stereo needs some fixing up
3 bag ballast 2x 250lbs in the rear 500lbs in the ski locker 1 bad pump
pp
routine oil changes
recently replaced fuel filter and alternator belt
motor runs well. Has occasionally vapor locked, not sure why but thinking the fuel pump could be getting bad.
battery replaced last spring
cosmetic damages from rubbing on the bumpers etc
wake plate
single axle boat mate trailer with new axle

That is all I can think of for now.

The boat is definitely used, but would be awesome for a starter boat or a project.
I bought this boat new and it is the only boat I have owned, I have not kept up with the market much in recent years and really don't have a clue what I should ask for it. Any ball park idea would be appreciated, and of course I will look more into it before setting a price.

so far I have only found similar models and years that are in great shape so I am having trouble comparing them.

I'll try to post some pictures soon, but that will also be pretty embarrassing.

It is for sale for financial reasons, lack of use recently, and potentially moving.

Thanks for the advice.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-12-2015, 10:09 PM Reply   
It sounds beat. I'm thinking 15k
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-12-2015, 10:18 PM Reply   
Shoot me a private message with some contact info and where the boat is.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-13-2015, 5:56 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure you will be sub 20K. Will be a tough sale in that condition.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-13-2015, 7:42 AM Reply   
I'm thinking even less.....

My buddy had his 06 Outback V listed locally, and on boat trader, for an entire year. He finally settled for the best offer of $16,500.00.

His boat had a couple small spots of dock rash, one seat tear (interior was replaced a couple years ago), and one broken heater vent. The rest of the boat was in full working order, and pretty good condition.

Based on condition, I would think this boat might be hard to sell for more than 10k.......
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-13-2015, 2:12 PM Reply   
Pics? Location?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-13-2015, 2:50 PM Reply   
Depends highly on location probably...
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       01-14-2015, 5:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions, sorry it has been a crazy week havent gotten pictures yet.
it is in East Tennessee, Johnson City
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       02-01-2015, 5:48 AM Reply   
Sorry I havent gotten around to this sooner, here are some pictures, you may have to look away. Willing to hear any offers or price suggestions. It's ugly, but all the cracks are only in the gelcoat .and mechanically there are no issues you could drop it in the water and go ride.
Attached Images

Old     (RiverRatA20)      Join Date: Aug 2013       02-01-2015, 6:49 AM Reply   
Get in there and get it clean..As it sits it might get you 11grand.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-01-2015, 7:39 AM Reply   
did that boat not love you enough as a child? why do you hate it so much.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-01-2015, 7:53 AM Reply   
That poor boat
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-01-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
I would say somewhere around 7-8k from what I see and what I likely dont see. I'm guessing (based solely on what I see) that it won't be you putting 5k into that boat to get it into a reasonable state for someone to flip it again on the market after they spend 6 months removing the lashings that boat has received.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-01-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
I will never understand how people let boats get like this. This is a shame. You pay all that money for a boat for it to go to the dump like this. I can only imagine what your cars and house look like.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-01-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
What part of Tennessee are you in Joe?

If the boat is working mechanically, I would entertain the option of buying it from you. Understand that I will buy it from you to fix up, then resell in the spring. A lot of money and time will need to go into this thing, but if you have the title in hand and want the peace of mind of getting rid of this boat before you move, email me and I'll give you an offer.

-Brad
Brad.riddick6@gmail.com
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-01-2015, 10:11 AM Reply   
That boat is trashed to say the least. Not only is the vinyl trashed but now the foam below it. Not a super desirable boat to start with and in that condition is going to be tough to sell at any price. I don't see that boat being worth 10K. I also don't see anyone wanting it. Thats beyond a project.

WOW..shamefull.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2015, 11:38 AM Reply   
I think my 10 year would have taken better care of that boat...even if he was the one trailering, launching and docking it. Looks like it was just left in a slip all summer long without a cover. Ridden hard and put away wet on a regular basis.

Not worth $5k as is. In great shape with those hours I could see maybe $16-17k. That sucker needs several thousand dollars in immediate repairs....not to mention the upcoming repairs lurking behind 9 years of neglect and 750 hours. You might be able to trick someone into buying it from you for a few thousand more but you will likely suffer some bad karma in the future if you did.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-01-2015, 12:03 PM Reply   
You can donate it to the Virginia Tech Wakeboard team and use that donation as a tax write off?? The team is in dire need of a Vdrive. Just a thought!
Old     (Snowleopard)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-01-2015, 9:21 PM Reply   
What happened to her :/
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-02-2015, 4:45 AM Reply   
That poor boat YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2015, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideClaytorVT View Post
You can donate it to the Virginia Tech Wakeboard team and use that donation as a tax write off?? The team is in dire need of a Vdrive. Just a thought!
+1
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       02-02-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice folks, and yeah I am ashamed I really dropped the ball, wish I didn't but I did and yeah my car looks like **** too. Mechanically the boat is pretty solid, I channeled all the neglect into the appearance.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-02-2015, 8:06 AM Reply   
I don't think I'd even pay 5 for it. You've got prob 3-4k in interior work if you installed it yourself, the spider cracks and gouges are ungodly, the boat doesn't run properly, and the stereo is jacked. You can say it hasn't been neglected mechanically but that boat speaks to the level of ownership. Saying thigs like "some cosmetic damage due to rubbing" when its got a massive gash and prob one of the biggest spider cracks I have ever seen is nuts.

I'd sell it for whatever anyone offered to pay or donate it. If you were interested in selling it dirt cheap hit me up.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-02-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
I'll start the bidding at $3k ... I could use a fun little project lol
Old     (nittyp)      Join Date: Aug 2014       02-02-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
Donate that heap.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       02-02-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
3200$ my bid
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-02-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
Better to get a great boat for a good price than a great price on that boat. Even with scrubbing it I think the entire interior will have to be gutted.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
seriously, you need to find someone who can estimate fixing it, get a bid for the work, then decide what to do next. If its going to cost you 10k to fix it, its going to cost someone else too. unless you have a person do the work on there own, and to be honest, very few have the time and would rather be out boating than repairing.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2015, 10:36 AM Reply   
POS, I bid $2500. That thing has been totally mistreated. Sad........
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-02-2015, 11:00 AM Reply   
BTW is that a spider crack on the side or a scratch in the 16th picture? The interior is gone. Foam will have to be redone and a lot of the skins will have to be made with the pieces in hand if you use someone like viper. I'd bet you are looking at 2500-3000 bucks for the skins + shipping off the skins/parts at prob another 150-200 bucks plus all new foam which is gonna be labor intensive and pricey. I mean honestly you are prob around 5g just to get the inside not looking like someone threw up on it.

Obviously the boat wasn't stored properly and with stereo issues etc I'd say the electrical is prob a crap shoot at this point. The Gel is what really concerns me. Those spider cracks are just flat out wicked. Whoever threw out the 10g is prob not far off. I mean in my market you wouldn't get a ton for that boat anyways as its not a highly sought after boat. Prob not worth the labor to make what little you would and any engine/electrical issues would just chew further into any profit at all.

Another thought maybe selling the boat as a parts boat and getting your money out of the trailer. The more I think about it the less likely someone is to make more than minimum wage an hour restoring it in profit if they did it themselves.

Last edited by williamburell; 02-02-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-02-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hi Joe. I am interested in more information on the boat. I have had project boats in the past and looking for a boat for the family. I live in TN so not to bad of a drive.

Thanks
Brian
615-347-2949
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-02-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
That boat's gonna find a buyer. ^^^

It has to help that 2015 new boat prices are shooting through the roof. In 2006, a CC 210 with trailer could be had for about US$58,000. In the thread about Canadian boat show prices, today that would be CA$115,000 (with someone speculating that's 'sans' trailer).
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-02-2015, 5:39 PM Reply   
While I think there is a buyer out there for this boat, I'd take the first offer above 4k and call it done. I would give it 5 minutes before likely accepting a 3k bid. The number of prospective buyers interested in a boat like this are few and far between and they still don't know enough about the boat yet to warrant a visit. I would be suspect of the hydraulics, steering cable, vdrive and seals/glands.

And we haven't even talked about the true condition of the trailer. How much rust are we willing to bet is on that thing now? How about the bearings?

As we can see, the level of expectations are quite different between the OP and the rest of us. I'm guessing the true condition of this boat is still not realized with the above pictures.

The OP is also selling due to financial reasons, so I am going to assume no money will be put into this boat prior to sale.
Old     (NoNceNse)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-04-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
I'll give you $4k. $4.5k if you drive it to me.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       02-04-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
at 750hrs, even at 4k it's still a gamble on how well the engine was taken care of.

maybe a candidate for the "boat races" at the local sprinttrack might be a more fitting end for a boat from an owner that clearly has no respect for money.

that being said.. someone mentioned donation. perhaps some business owner on here should pick it up, document it's rebirth and donate for a nice tax writeoff. would make an interesting story to follow and sure it'd get some play on their local news station when done.. some worthy charity or church group helping in the rehab.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-04-2015, 3:34 PM Reply   
I'm not trying to help this guy sell this boat ... but .. if I were in the market for this boat in my poorer younger years, I can look back and say this.

The 4 major concerns about this boat/trailer are caused by 4 different types of neglect. Perhaps not all 4 different types of neglect were committed.

1 - engine. Was the maintenance schedule really followed.? Does a test drive satisfy you that it really fires up ... and run? There are better experts here than me on testing the trustworthiness of an engine ... like compression tests on cylinders and so on. If the engine is basically respectable, all else can be cured with tool skills. But the health of the engine (drive train, helm controls and so on) are the crucial issues with whether to adopt this as your fixer-upper or not.

2 - upholstery/foam damage. This owner was definitely not a fan of 'Babes' products and the like. Nevertheless, all that can be gutted and replaced. It appears he stored it ... sitting in the water and not on a lift for the last several years of ownership ... with the sundeck and aft exposed to sun. There was a thread of a fireman in Idaho re-doing an old inboard brand I do not know, from the '90's. He did supreme work. I'm good with tools ... but I'm not in the same league with him. If you get this boat for the right price, make it your practice run for your upgrade.

3 - gel-coat/fiberglass - chances of restoring these problems are very good. The DIY forum here has preserved some excellent gel coat restoration projects. There are a number of experts on this issue who have posted thoughtful step by step, tool by tool, explanations of how they went about it.

4 - trailer. I personally have posted several things about oil bath bearings, perhaps grease bearings (albeit those are on my trailer for a fishing boat), and and surge brakes ... you can look those up too. Among the other more knowledgeable posters on this was (among others) Sam Ingram (he also went by Bocephus and Forrest Tucker ... as well as seems to have hijacked friends accounts at times). I'd rate trailer problems as least important ... which you may find odd ... because I find trailer problems to be the most consistent source of problems. Trailers are a PITA ... so be it ... get used to that.

If I had could of bought that boat at the right time in my (poorer) life with the right facilities and tools to bring it back to respectable service ... I'd bid on it now.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-05-2015, 5:27 AM Reply   
John very good points.

1. I highly doubt a schedule was followed. Not saying it wasn't but in my general experience neglect is neglect. I would at the minimum account for a rebuild in my project costs for this along with other items such as fuel lines, pump, etc. We all know how these items add up. I'm not trying to be a jerk about the situation but coming from someone who has done a restore project things add up quick. I would def want a compression test etc before a transaction unless we are just going under the assumption its trashed.

2. Its very true this can all be gutted. The project you are referring to was Jed's hydrodyne and yes he did fantastic work

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...hlight=fireman.

Jed went over the top in changing layout etc. I don't see that being the best option here. If it were me I would redo the foam, have as much work patterned off existing skins as possible, and have the rest of the work done custom off the redone original foam patterns. Upholstery work install (not the patterning etc) is actually not hard but its extremely time consuming. I would wager that I had 40+ hours in my old mastercraft and that was just uninstall, putting on new skins, and reinstall. None of that included foam work. If I recall my DD was about 2500 bucks in skin work and they wanted about another 1k to do the job turnkey. I would think this boat would be slightly higher due to a larger seating footprint.

3. This is where I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I don't think this is an easy fix at all. Most of the diy floating around is for small spider cracks, chips, etc. Those are all very easy to take care of. What you have here is massive spider cracks and large gouges down to the glass. I would think for the rest of the boat you could get away with wetsanding and be fine but I see some professional level repairs there not just a 1st timer watching some youtube videos and reading a diy. I've repaired some nasty stuff with color matched gel but I'm not sure the availibility of such items for moomba or even if it would match well at this point. I think unless you use a professional you are not going to get a finished product that would get a non retarded buyer interested. I'm referencing the results to what you would need to flip the boat because I assume thats what most people would do with it. If you wanted a non perfect running boat to throw at a lake house it would prob be doable to just put lipstick on the pig. I would also be concerned about blistering if it really sat in the water for extended periods of time.

4. I can agree that most trailer issues are easily solved but it could be a rust bucket and cost someone a few G to replace too. I wouldn't scoff at a 2k bill on a budget boat.

Again not trying to be an A hole about it but trying to post what I think is reasonable in a project like this from my past experience. No one needs to bite this thing off for 5k and think they are going to make bank off of it. I've lived the fun and nightmares of fixing someone elses neglect and it can be frustrating and time consuming. The boat obviously sat out and just bent over for mother nature for a few years.

Last edited by williamburell; 02-05-2015 at 5:32 AM.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       02-05-2015, 1:17 PM Reply   
I feel bad for the guy getting accosted because of his lack of body maintenance. Mind you I would NEVER let me boat get anywhere close to this but.... I guess everyone is different.

In my honest opinion I think repair costs for a DIYer would be

Stereo: start from scratch, New Batteries basic 6 speakers, 1 sub, 1 pair of tower speakers (exile sxt65) and 2 amps with wiring kit for $2000
Gelcoat: If you had to buy the buffer, gel coat repair kits...multiple kits lol and rubbing compound i'm thinking $600
Engine: IF the mechanical service is up to date as he says do a tranny oil change, engine oil/filter change, impeller swap, raw water pump, alternator, new belts, Fuel filter changes, Spark plug wires, distributor cap..... Probably around $1000
Interior: Hire someone! $3500
Trailer bearing, brake and tire swap $500

So if you did all the work yourself minus the interior You're at 7500 to restore this properly!

If your gonna get approx 15-18 for this boat after restoration... Then I would expect the boat to go for less than $5000. Sad really
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
I think your numbers are off. Matter of fact after doing multiple boats and being the General manager of a major inboard brand store, I know they are off.

I will give you my quick math:
Stereo I think your OK @ $2000
Gel..Gell is EXPENSIVE. We were paying $2000-$4500 to fix brand new unwrapped boats with factory mistakes. This is not a DYI job. I'm thinking $2500-$3000 to make it presentable.
Engine. Lets go with your $1000, but it is total gamble
Interior. It would be $3500 with normal warn out upholstery. Where that stuff is trashed, its gonna need foam and some custom work as the stuff is too bad to use as patterns. $5000
Trailer we will stick with your $500 if your doing bare minimum for little use. If your going to tow regularly triple that.

So I see around $11,000 in repairs. Thats betting you will find NOTHING else that needs a dime. Chance of that in that boat….ZERO. Unless your just bored making anything less than 20-25% on a flip is stupid and a waste of your time. Now lets say this is a $15-18K boat. Its not a desirable model and has few options and lets face it..look at its history. So its a low value boat even restored. $15K. 80% of that should be all you invest total at $12000.

Bottom line is there is little to no money to be made. This is a boat someone spends a year redoing and breaks even at best. Trust me I've done it. Unless you just love a project this is one to stay away from.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
I think your numbers are off. Matter of fact after doing multiple boats and being the General manager of a major inboard brand store, I know they are off.

Gel..Gell is EXPENSIVE. We were paying $2000-$4500 to fix brand new unwrapped boats with factory mistakes. This is not a DYI job. I'm thinking $2500-$3000 to make it presentable.
Interior. It would be $3500 with normal warn out upholstery. Where that stuff is trashed, its gonna need foam and some custom work as the stuff is too bad to use as patterns. $5000
Trailer we will stick with your $500 if your doing bare minimum for little use. If your going to tow regularly triple that.

So I see around $11,000 in repairs. Thats betting you will find NOTHING else that needs a dime. Chance of that in that boat….ZERO. Unless your just bored making anything less than 20-25% on a flip is stupid and a waste of your time. Now lets say this is a $15-18K boat. Its not a desirable model and has few options and lets face it..look at its history. So its a low value boat even restored. $15K. 80% of that should be all you invest total at $12000.

Bottom line is there is little to no money to be made. This is a boat someone spends a year redoing and breaks even at best. Trust me I've done it. Unless you just love a project this is one to stay away from.
This is assuming quality work and craftsmanship. Less quality for lesser dime. All your numbers are pretty spot on from my experience though.
Old     (RyanC)      Join Date: Apr 2014       02-05-2015, 3:17 PM Reply   
I agree with everything already stated. This boat is not worth a full restoration. However, could be a good boat for someone who could do the work themselves and wants a cheap v-drive. How I see it cosmetic things should not even be fixed on this boat.

Stereo - Buy cheap craigslist components and get it working ok
Gel - Doesn't matter what it looks like, just make sure water is not getting in the hull
Engine - tune it up with suggestions above and pray that there are not other mechanical problems
Interior - Salvage as much as possible with tape, sealant redo the back engine cover cheaply
Trailer- tires, repack bearings etc.

A young guy could buy this as his first boat for $5,000 and spend $2,000 to $3,000 on it. Could be a great boat to ride, party, beach and thrash on. Just a thought.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-06-2015, 4:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

I'm with you. No chance that gel is diy and don't see the value there as a flip. At that point I'd prob tear it down for parts/sell the trailer or donate it.

Quote:
I agree with everything already stated. This boat is not worth a full restoration. However, could be a good boat for someone who could do the work themselves and wants a cheap v-drive. How I see it cosmetic things should not even be fixed on this boat.

Stereo - Buy cheap craigslist components and get it working ok
Gel - Doesn't matter what it looks like, just make sure water is not getting in the hull
Engine - tune it up with suggestions above and pray that there are not other mechanical problems
Interior - Salvage as much as possible with tape, sealant redo the back engine cover cheaply
Trailer- tires, repack bearings etc.

A young guy could buy this as his first boat for $5,000 and spend $2,000 to $3,000 on it. Could be a great boat to ride, party, beach and thrash on. Just a thought.
Not sure this is a good idea man. First off no chance someone should pay 5k for this boat. If they do they deserve all the mercy God has. Second off you know whats a terrible idea for a young kid..........a hole in the water for his money. If I were looking for a budget boat as a young guy I'd be all over an older well cared for simple 2001 or a boat such as that. No chance this boat doesn't rip through your wallet on a weekly basis. By the time you bought this boat and just made the interior not look like crap you still have a non maintained boat with gel scars to tell its tale and most likely mechanical neglect.

Quote:
I feel bad for the guy getting accosted because of his lack of body maintenance.
Dude asked for an opinion. No one is name calling or burning him at the stake. People are stating facts that the boat at this point may or may not be a lost cause. Second off the dude destroyed a boat. Either he doesn't give a crap or he doesn't give a crap. Either way I highly doubt anyone is hurting his feelings.

Last edited by williamburell; 02-06-2015 at 4:38 AM.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2015, 5:30 AM Reply   
Pretty sure the man who started the thread just decided to leave cause he has been MIA. I just simply can not figure out how someone lets a boat get this bad. I can only imagine everything else he owns.

Also I know he says the engine is fine but if everything else on the boat is this bad, I would put money on it that the engine is shot too. He might as well just give the boat away so it can have some chance at living.......
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-06-2015, 9:34 AM Reply   
I agree to the corrections above to my comments. Time to burn her and sink her. Should have done that and not posted this thread, because this is going to affect the negotiated retail value vs. NADA.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-06-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
Me personally, I'd take her out & find some locks to ram & down she goes, collect check
Old     (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-06-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
I'll give you $5000 for it right now. 281-889-9634
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-06-2015, 4:17 PM Reply   
I guess he didn't like our advice. He posted it for sale for 8500
http://asheville.craigslist.org/boa/4876281529.html
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-06-2015, 9:05 PM Reply   
He might get a better response if he lists the Brand, model and year!!!

I don't think thats a bad place to start. Ideally he doesn't want someone on here who knows better to buy it. His buyer is going to be someone who see's how much cheaper it is than a comparable boat. Someone who doesn't have a clue what its going to cost to rehab it or the mystery problems they can't see or imagine.

I was actually going to recommend he throw it on craigslist about where he did and drop it $500 a week until it sells. There are a bunch of us on here that understand what this is going to take and cost. There are also a ton of people(as evidenced in this thread also) who have absolutely no clue. His buyer will come form the later group.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-07-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Pretty sure the man who started the thread just decided to leave cause he has been MIA.
How dare the OP not stay in this thread and continue to be shamed. Sure, this is extreme neglect, though he probably also got lots of enjoyment out of it. Personally I'd never let my own boat get to this point, but that doesn't make my approach better than others.

Some of the best threads I've seen on here in a LONG time were the supra and hydrodyne restorations. Unfortunately, even the people in this thread who've made offers are already being shamed, so where's the motivation to post a restoration project in the future.

Little bit too much elitist attitude in this thread.
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       02-07-2015, 10:04 AM Reply   
Still here, just been busy, I agree that there is little potential in a full restore. I always saw it as a boat for someone who wanted to get on the water for cheap and can start riding right away and pretty her up as they go.

Despite what a lot of yall think, which is very understandable, the boat is solid mechanically and doesn't take on water. So for the right person they can drop it in the water and start riding today.
Which is actually happening, I have to work but my buddy is taking a guy out today for a test drive.

I'm not too hurt I was very aware that once I put up pictures i was going to be hearing it. would I let a boat get this way again? Absolutely not, but this one got bad and now I'm paying for it. At least I have had a hell of a lot of fun on it.

I did forget to add the make model and year, but have had a lot of response. I will be sold in the next few days.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-07-2015, 5:34 PM Reply   
"Has occasionally vapor locked" ???
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-07-2015, 6:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_right_kind View Post
"Has occasionally vapor locked" ???

I assume he's talking about the fuel lines getting to hot after use and the boat sometimes being hard to start after ran for a while.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-08-2015, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hell if he just took 30 minutes to clean "a LITTLE" it would make a difference. Take the skins off the back and save the foam as much as possible. Blank plywood would look better that that crap. The wires for the stereo would take 10 minutes to make look way better. I have a 2002 and it lookos REALLY good. This is just plain sad.
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       02-10-2015, 5:06 PM Reply   
Well the boat is sold, Thanks to everyone that gave their opinion; they really were helpful. and thanks to everyone for making this thread such a success, I usually have to scroll to the bottom to find my post.

I will see if I can get some pictures together of girls on the sundeck for the boat buns page.
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-10-2015, 6:04 PM Reply   
If you don't mind me asking how much did you end up getting for her?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-11-2015, 8:09 AM Reply   
OH MYY GODDD. You sir should never be allowed to own another boat.