Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-22-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hey guys I am looking at getting this set up.

-Sony CDXM60UI Marine CD Receiver MP3/WMA/AAC Player with USB Wire for iPod and USB Devices
-Sony RMX55M/Q2 Wired marine remote control

Does anyone know anything about these.
I would like to have two wired remotes, is this possible with this combo?Upload
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-22-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have heard that there are better options out there than Sony. I keep hearing Alpine and Pioneer are better choices. This is all second hand and I am sure some of the stereo guru's can chime in.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-22-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
I am looking at this one too. I believe the transom remote you are showing does work with that stereo. I actually have the lesser model but am looking to upgrade to this one because of the ability to drive the head unit with the iPhone. Others require you to drive the iPhone with the head unit.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-22-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
To answer your question, yes, you can run 2 remotes, the splitter should come with the remote.

I would how ever suggest going with the RM-X60M remote, it will give you far more Ipod control then the X55.

I've installed a couple and sold a couple to some DIY'rs and no negative feedback as of yet.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-22-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
FYI: I have this receiver (not the wired remote). After the controls on the face plate basically went dead after my first time out with it, I started looking on the internet for reliability issues. Many people report that the receiver buttons have quality issues and stop working. I will say that it was a great radio/mp3 player when it worked. For now, the wireless remote works fine--just not the buttons on the face plate. jg
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-22-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Will Sony not warranty it for you?
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-22-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
I am currently running the older car Sony head unit without the usb input just aux combined with one of the x55 wired pucks. This is the second season with it, my only complaint is limited control with the wired puck and the mute function toggles with the off function. I mistakenly hit the off button when trying to mute the radio for a downed rider. Performance wise the radio has never had problems, the face is only detached during the winter. I am switching to the Alpine iDA-X100M this winter though.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-22-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Mike: I will be sending it back to sony--of course it is a hassle. I have also been looking at some other decks.jg
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-22-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Oh, gotcha! Sounded like you were SOL and just had to live with it.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-22-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
hey what about this Clarion M309 CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with USB Port
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-23-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
I haven't installed/used the new M309, but i've installed the M275's, M455's, M475, CMD4's and CMD5 head-units and man I really like the Clarion stuff.

USB for MP3 or flash drives, FT/RR/Non-Fade RCA's, front and rear 3.5mm AUX jack,wired remote ready, wireless remote included, BlueTooth, Sat ready.

If you go with the Clarion, get a CCA-USB remote USB socket.