Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
How do you add another amp I have a duel amp kit just a little confused. At says to run your RCA cable from the stereo to the amp do you run both front and back to one or do you run the front to one amp and the back to the other amp. Then if I run my 4 tower speakers to back amp am I still getting the same watts from the 2 amps together. I will have 2 600 watt amps.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-26-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Not sure what you got, what do you mean by "dual amp kit'? Do you have a set of 4 chnl RCA's? Are you trying to bridge 2 amps together, the RCA output from one amp to another will not be amplified. Typically, an RCA output from an amp is nothing more then a pass-thru of the signal for another amp. The terminals where the speakers connect is what gets amplifies. Most head units will have at least a front and RR/Sub RCA output. So yes, when wiring a 2 amp set, you can run a set of left and right RCA's from each output to the amp. Now, some 4 chnl amps do not pass through the signal from one set of RCA's to all the amp's chnls and will require you to split the left and right up into 2 lefts and 2 rights and plug into all 4 RCA inputs on the amp (if it's a 4 chnl amp)

What amps and tower speakers you have may help to further answer your question.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have 2 Sony 600watt 4 channel model xm-554zr if that helps. The kit I have is a Scosche dual amp expansion kit it came with a set RCA cables, REM wire, power wire and ground wire and a splitter.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-26-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Are you going to use both amps to power all 4 tower speakers? This will have some bearing on how the RCA's are run. From your original post, is sounds like the 4 tower speaker will be run off just one of the 4 chnl amps, but not sure what you mean by "am I still getting the same watts from the 2 amps together" Sorry not quite understanding what you're asking and or looking to do.

Not real familiar with the Sony amps, but it does look like you will need to split the RCA's and plug into all for inputs on the amp in order to get all 4 chnl to work.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
I was going to run the 4 tower speakers off one amp and the front speakers off the other amp or is there any way to just leave the speakers the way they are and add the other amp. I guess what I mean is can I tie the new amp into the old amp and get 1200 watts or is that not how it works.