Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (57fever)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-29-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
I have a pair wetsounds pro80 the plastic broke right under the mounting bracket and the speaker fell. Has anyone had this problem or just me? As much as they cost this should not have happened.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Never heard of that before. Call and talk to gyver or Brett. They are great people and will help out if they can.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-29-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
Nice first post. Why wouldn't you just contact Wetsounds? I am sure they will take care of you depending on when and where you bought them at.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-29-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
Mike -
Call and ask for Justin or Omar as they will help you through this . You must have 1st generation and they now have a support piece inside to amortize the load and relieve the original housing .
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
My early 80's started cracking and would of broke off completely had I not noticed them. Called Wetsounds and they sent out all new housings. I chose to swap everything over. You may have to send them in if you are not confident doing the swap. This was a problem with the early design not having enough reinforcement in the clamp mount area. Wetsounds customer service has always gone far beyond expected with me. Top notch guys for sure.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-29-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
X2 for what everyone else says. They really stand behind their product.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-30-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Mike,

Call the office at 877-938-7757 and ask for Gyver. He can get you taken care of.

It is always better to call and ask the manufacturer.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-30-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Just personally speaking, but calling the manufacturer or local rep first will probably get you much further then trying to make them look bad.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hey,
I have an idea, lets berate this guy, look up his address, etc... and mob him too! Maybe he did try and didn't get anywhere, who knows, who cares! He did get some results from the thread though, didn't he? Now hurry, everyone first tell him that he should have contacted the manufacturer and then lets get the mob together! We can torch is kick butt 1959 Chevy Station while we are there...
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-30-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Seriously?
Old                11-30-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
Sam has a knack for providing absolutely no value whatsoever with his posts.

Keep up the good work Sam
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Murphy,
So you think people repeatedly telling this guy that he screwed up and should have contacted the manufacturer first is useful?

From now I will run all my posts through you first ok?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-30-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
I don't understand why people are jumping this guys carp. He asked a valid question that wasn't IMO inflammatory at all. I know we all love Wetsounds but it is a potential issue with them. I do feel he should have called first and maybe he did but didn't hear anything with the holiday weekend.

Shame on you for asking a question! I sure hope you've learned your lesson.

However, I can imagine a situation where this person could be a DB from another company just trying to flame WS.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-30-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
WOW!!!
His original question seemed to be pretty honest.
Isnt this what public forums are for?
I didnt get that he was trying to fry anyone. I think that he was just asking if this was a common problem.
It really sucks that our welcome wagon for a new guy is to grill him about some sort of motive and then to point out that he is a new guy.
His email address appears that he is from Arkansas.
Mike,
Welcome to Wakeworld. Home to 98% great folks trying to help others out in the wakeboarding and boating world, but unfortunately it is also home to 2% idiots that dont have anything better to do than to cause drama.
Hope that this doesnt scare you off.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-30-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
Hello mike mitchell,

Welcome to the forum. I wanted to be the first. Sorry about some of the responses. Many are only reacting to a pattern we've seen several times before. This scenario may not apply to your situation but here's the typical story.

A consumer contacts the manufacturer about a product failure. Because of the origin (whether from an unauthorized source or second hand) or the duration the product was in service, the product is not warrantable. So the manufacturer generously offers to repair the product at or close to their cost. But since that would mean money out of the consumer's pocket they find this resolution unsatisfactory.

Knowing that the manufacturer is very visible on a forum, they use that vulnerability to their advantage and create a post designed to give them leverage in a subsequent service negotiation. It's particularly suspect when its their first post.

Oh yea. One more thing. Even though Sam can be cynical at times, I don't believe he was serious about those threats. It was probably just sarcasm.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-30-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Very nice post David. I guess I should have phrased mine more like that.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Wow, someone actually understands... duh!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-30-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
hahahahaha, oh sammy....
Old     (57fever)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-30-2009, 6:22 PM Reply   
Wow! I seriously just asked an honest question. Didn't realize that it was going to cause so much drama.

Just so you know, I've had 3 boats totally outfitted with WetSounds equipment. Speakers, amps.....all of it.

It (the plastic breaking) happened, and since I've been reading posts here for nearly two years, I assumed this was the place to ask.

Guess I was wrong.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone or bash a product.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
Hey... I wouldn't take it seriously!! A lot of people like the wetsounds stuff here and thought you were bashing... Crazy haters!!!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-01-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
Mike... welcome to haterworld... Many people take their opinions too far here where it leads to hatin. You just have to learn to ignore it.... or the post that have them in it. I actually think it was a good move posting it here. If everyone just goes to the manufacture on a defective product.... then the "crowd" of people out there with the same defective product would have no way of knowing about the potential failure. There can be another few hundred sets out there that have not failed.... they would know what to do when they do fail by reading this forum..... Just my thoughts.