Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dcfizzle15)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-28-2009, 5:10 PM Reply   
thinking about buying a 2004 c class rv with a ford v-10. anyone ever tow with one of these? what do you think?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-28-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
My brother-in-law has a '98 25' Winne Class C with the Triton V10 and that thing tows like a beast. Seriously he pulls hills and such no problem and has no issues launching either.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-28-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
tows awesome...but check on the engine in 03 or 04 they changed the block... the older ones had problems with blowing a spark plugs out of the engine... NOT a cheap fix, I know, first hand.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-29-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
I'm a class A guy and so are the people I tow with. My friends who have a Ford chassis have had nothing but probs. 3 of us bought V10 Chassis, all three blew spark plugs and had expensive repairs. Two of us bought GM 8.1/Workhorse class A, and are loving it.

The ford in Class A is actually rated higher for gross weight, but I've never had a prob out pulling them, especially over grades, and getting better mileage.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-30-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about the spark plug issue that much. I might happen and it might not. I have had three V10 Fords and luckily haven't had any of those problems. I have also had two 8.1L Chevy trucks and one 7.4L in Suburban. Two of those trucks burned a little over two quarts of oil between oil changes. All of my trucks have been new, and in both cases Chevy said the oil consumption was within tolerance levels... The three V10 Fords that I had all ran great.
Old     (booth_k)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-30-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
I have an 04 29ft minnie winnie with v-10 and pull at 7000 ft average altitude and it does ok. I probably average 8 miles to the gallon pulling the boat. On flat highway it will do 75 smooth but when i get in hills its slow go. It beats tent camping for a week when u have young kids. Just make sure to get a 450 chas.
Old     (dcfizzle15)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-30-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
thanks for the info. i will keep you guys posted. should be getting something this week.