Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-18-2014, 8:26 AM Reply   
i have tried to get service out of seadek so that I can spend my money with them for several weeks now. I have been promised email after email and to receive a call back about 6 times. and that is just when I am able to get them to pick up the phone which they often do not. I have left voicemails and still nothing. I like their product but their service is horrible. wish I had another alternative but I guess I could just stick with my carpet. anyways, has anyone else experienced a lack of customer service with them? and to think im getting no service and im trying to spend my money with them and haven't yet, imagine after I spend my money. Terrible way to conduct business or either business is so great for them that they don't care about my purchase
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-18-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
Mike - I have been dealing with SeaDeck now for a few weeks. I have not had any real issues so far. I have mostly corresponded by email and get prompt replies. I have called a couple times and had no issues talking with someone.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-18-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
Mike,
I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I have never had any issues but I also only contact them through email. I know they are growing like crazy and wonder if they have hit the customer service breaking point. Might be time for some more people on the phones. I am guessing they will for sure be contacting you today after this post. Have a good weekend and good luck with the project.
Old     (rayatrogue)      Join Date: May 2013       04-18-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
If you a re looking for boat traction we are always an option. Although we are more of a DIY application, our sheet goods are on par with theirs but our lamination process is much stronger then SD's www.Agendasurf.com
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
Ray had no idea you were doing full boat tractions stuff. Was thinking of the Poseiden stuff. Might change my mind knowing youre doing this. Guys Ray is as solid a guy as you will ever deal with and customer service beyond reproach. If you dont mind DIY give him a ring. Serious good guy.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-18-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
i have tried to get service out of seadek so that I can spend my money with them for several weeks now. I have been promised email after email and to receive a call back about 6 times. and that is just when I am able to get them to pick up the phone which they often do not. I have left voicemails and still nothing. I like their product but their service is horrible. wish I had another alternative but I guess I could just stick with my carpet. anyways, has anyone else experienced a lack of customer service with them? and to think im getting no service and im trying to spend my money with them and haven't yet, imagine after I spend my money. Terrible way to conduct business or either business is so great for them that they don't care about my purchase

Pot, Meet kettle.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayatrogue View Post
If you a re looking for boat traction we are always an option. Although we are more of a DIY application, our sheet goods are on par with theirs but our lamination process is much stronger then SD's www.Agendasurf.com
I might look into this to put the traction pad on the front of my Axis and to protect the sides of the swim platform. Thanks for posting, hadn't seen this product before.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-18-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
Communication with Seadek was very poor in my experience. They took forever to get my order to me and missed multiple deadlines that they set.

They did however, discount my order and when I finally got the product, it was perfect.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-18-2014, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Pot, Meet kettle.

not sure your point or what u r trying to convey but ok
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-18-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
As everyone I'm sure knows, mike operates a stereo and rim shop. Mike makes a thread and gets upset with phone calls not being returned from a business he is trying to spend money with, right?

How about a customer who tried to spend money and order a set of rims from mike for a trailer. Thinks it isn't ok to return phone calls, but thinks it's ok to bash potential customers openly in threads.

Right mike?

Last edited by Jmorlan; 04-18-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-18-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
link to customer bashing?
Old     (ffmedic74)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-19-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Supposedly they are in the process of moving to a larger facility.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-19-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
j. mo, I think u may be confused as to who didn't give u service. first of all we communicated thru u pm'ing me and in no way did I advertise to sale wheels or anything else. I do run a stereo and rim shop but I never contacted anyone to attempt a sale, if I wanted to do that I would do it the right way by advertising thru wakeworld and do it the right way. fact as most brands I sale are protected brands and trans shipping isn't allowed for most of the products. you noticed I had access to wheels and contacted me about gear 726 wheels to which I still have the pm conversation which I copied and im about to paste below. I advised you that gear was involved in a lawsuit or pending litigation to which american tire who distributes them told me on the 726mb and that they were frozen from being sold until further notice. also we did speak again and you advised me you had ordered them from an online retailer for cheap. congrats on your purchase and hope it all worked out for you. again I believe you have me mistaken with another person because you told me you had talked to other people regarding these wheels. sorry for the confusion but you are truly mistaken as I would not have ignored you or failed to call u back. also moto metal wheels u had me quote were overpriced in my opinion because they wanted to charge a drilling fee. I told them u cant sale them if they aren't drilled for something but they didn't buy that argument. sorry for confusion.

J.mo
9:59 PM January 31, 2014 I sent a message from tapatalk, but I dont think it went through, if it did, sorry for sending another.

I saw that you also sell wheels from your shop.
Im looking for a set of gear 726 in black, 18x9 for my trailer. 5x4.5
My shipping zip is 95603, business address if you are willing to ship.

Let me know, thanks!

Mike North Carolina
10:42 AM February 3, 2014 no, sorry didn't get your message but id be happy to ship you a set for your trailer. do you have a double axle trailer or single? didn't know if u need 2 or 4?

J.mo
1:28 PM February 3, 2014 Double axle. 4 wheels

Mike North Carolina
2:25 PM February 3, 2014 heh that wheel is distributed and rights owned by ATD. I just called to inquire about them and they are on hold and froze from being able to be sold or ordered. Last year the same thing happened and you could not get them for about a month. I suspect the moto metal or fuel wheel that look similar and the gear are involved in some type of litigation or suit between two of them. they will probably be available shortly as the same thing happened last year and it lasted about 30 days. the crazy thing is ATD has the wheels but they are frozen from being able to order. if u would like to discuss this further or other wheel options feel free to call me. my shop # is 910-*** ****, we have 2 mikes, ask for mike ******, and I will be here until 6 tonight

Mike North Carolina
5:04 PM February 5, 2014 heh, just got a promo emailed to me about gear 727mb, I know its a different one than u said before but I could do those for $599 plus shipping if u r interested. ill let u know when the 726 is available again and how much when it does

J.mo
5:15 PM February 5, 2014 Cool man I appreciate it! I really am holding out for those 726's though.
I like those wheels and am trying to get them in a 22x12 on my truck as well.
Don't want to just pull the trigger on a set of wheels, even though I want some nice wheels on my trailer Badly RIGHT NOW for some odd reason. And it's February. Haha

Mike North Carolina
10:39 AM February 6, 2014 lol, I gotcha, if and when u buy the trailer wheels make sure u try to buy the 22x12 as well. gear availability is hit and miss and atd who owns and distributes them sucks to deal with and they do a terrible job stocking and reordering as far as not running out of product. they are really hush hush about why the 726 is froze and not for sale right now. I believe that either moto metal or fuel and gear are involved in some type of suit. like I said exact same thing happened last year too. ill keep u posted

J.mo
11:44 PM February 11, 2014 Hey mike, what could you get me a set of moto metal 962 in black. 18x9 5x4.5 for?

Mike North Carolina
11:00 AM February 12, 2014 wheels are blank and have to be drilled at moto metal warehouse. i can have four of those drilled and shipped to you for $950.00 the gears will be cheaper if u decide to hold off til available again
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-19-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
as u can see, I don't see where u would feel that you were ignored in anyway j.mo,,,,,,,,, I really think you have me confused with another person perhaps
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-19-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
anyway back to seadek, still no call or return email, this is about 6 messages thru a rep on their phone line promising me an email or call back, and multiple voicemails I left as well as emails. I have been promised to be emailed schematics from previous designs as well as a rep to contact me......... nothing, this has been going on now for about 4 weeks. ive never seen anything like it
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-19-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
I had in the original post, that I edited out, that you do return correspondence, because I didn't want to directly throw myself in as the customer.
Your correspondence I have no issue with, it's your trash talking about potential customers in threads.

Yet you want to create threads to Call out other bad business practices.

I ended up getting the wheels through Rimzone btw
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-19-2014, 3:51 PM Reply   
Actually I'm not looking for potential customers on wake world, just others that love my hobby that I suck at. And like boardjunky said can u provide a link to customer bashing. I only bash those that bash me such as jet ranger and some lady that's from an mb dealer that was making smart comments regarding my opinion one time. Those that I talk smack too is all in retaliation and if they can't take it shouldn't dish it out. Just like the pm I just sent u I truly feel u have me confused with another and am happy u made your purchase on the moto wheels and got what u wanted. By the way the gears are available again now that their legal junk is taken care of. Like I said in p.m. Happy Easter and god bless

Last edited by MIKEnNC; 04-19-2014 at 3:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-19-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
Well cut me a deal on some 22x12 726mb and it can all be forgotten
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-21-2014, 4:25 PM Reply   
Best on those wheels would be $1250, but I would have to see if they could drop ship for me, if not there would be a shipping fee of true actual ship cost. Also would have to verify your specific bolt pattern is available as some are and some are about 30 days out still on back order. They have been hit and miss so far on the sets I have ordered in the 726 mb..... U may want to check local to u and show them my post and maybe they would price match for u. Hope this helps

And for those interested can u believe still no correspondence from Seadek at all, no phone call or even an email. I've left so many messages it's not even funny
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
Mike, try these contacts. I had great luck with Susan and Paige

Susan Wilson
SeaDek Marine Products
321-632-4466
susanwilson@seadek.com

Paige Brewer
End User Sales
SeaDek
321-806-4387 direct
321-632-4466 ph
321-632-7019 fx
Old     (JasonSD)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-22-2014, 5:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
Best on those wheels would be $1250, but I would have to see if they could drop ship for me, if not there would be a shipping fee of true actual ship cost. Also would have to verify your specific bolt pattern is available as some are and some are about 30 days out still on back order. They have been hit and miss so far on the sets I have ordered in the 726 mb..... U may want to check local to u and show them my post and maybe they would price match for u. Hope this helps

And for those interested can u believe still no correspondence from Seadek at all, no phone call or even an email. I've left so many messages it's not even funny
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your posts. I sent you a private message yesterday morning but you haven't responded yet.

Sincerely,
Jason Gardner
SeaDek
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-22-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
I had a terrible experience with SeaDek as well. I knew going in that it would take a while to get the custom order done so that did not bother me. What bothered me was the day I placed the go order and gave Paige my credit card info on the phone, I asked several times to make sure the custom pads for my walk-thru area and the non-custom RZ2 swim platform pads were included on the order. She assured me they were all there. 3 weeks later the pads show up for the walk-thru but no swim platform pads. When I called her to see if they were shipped separately she said I received my full order and asked if I got the invoice. The only copy of the invoice was in the packing slip on the outside of the shipping box. If they had emailed the invoice on the day I paid for the order, like any other company today, then I would have been able to catch that she didn't include the swim platform in my order. She didn't apologize or accept any responsibility for taking an incomplete order and made no offer or gesture to expedite the manufacture or shipping of the pads nor gave me any type of discount on shipping. I was pissed but she had me by the short hairs since I already stripped and prepped the swim platform the day before the tracking number said the pads were to be delivered.

Great product but it seems like it's very frustrating to deal with their customer service department. When I completed the second order for the swim platform paige acted surprised that I wanted a copy of the invoice emailed to me that same moment that the order was processed. Basic customer service and ordering procedures are severely lacking at Seadek. If you go in expecting your order to be wrong, you will not be disappointed with the end result.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-23-2014, 3:16 PM Reply   
A little update, I was contacted by Jason by pm first and then he actually called me, hopefully now I can get taken care of and it seems Jason is going to provide me the service that I haven't been getting. It was nice to finally get a response
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-23-2014, 7:41 PM Reply   
Good for you. The faux teak is a great product, I wish there was another company that made it so Seadek could feel a little pressure to perform in the customer service department. At least the Deckadence flooring is a good alternate to Seadek and carpet for flooring.