Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       07-16-2013, 9:09 PM Reply   
I do too. But on folsom lake the coves and.forks are so.screwed up its all you can do. Any tips to throw a rider besides high speed turns?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2013, 9:34 PM Reply   
double ups timing is everything
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-16-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
double ups timing is everything
Yep, I've gotten tubes 8 feet in the air with 4 people using double ups. Extremely funny to see the wrecks.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2013, 10:11 PM Reply   
we have good luck with this one (see image below). it can be compared to a triple-up whip i guess.
it creates waves in the corner of the turn like you would see in the center of a circle if the boat were to make a complete turn, but it is much easier to control and uses less time and gas to create.

depending on your riders, boat speed, size of tube, etc. you will have to modify this run. most likely you will find yourself playing around with it and modifying it for various hits. try varying speeds. slower speeds while making the kink/corner will make bigger waves there. try doing different angles of kinks/corners, or even adding two kinks close together to concentrate waves differently.

if you have a big giant tube it will be harder to whip the tube around and you will have to drive closer to the corner. We even experimented with driving over the corner waves not recommended, rough boat ride
Attached Images

Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-16-2013, 10:57 PM Reply   
12-18 mph and basically doing a figure 8. I've put kids 12' in the air when my boat speed was under 6 mph. If you drive a circle the inside wake piles up onto itself. Put the tube at the centre of that and it will bounce almost anyone off any kind of tube. If the tube is riding no the outside of your wake, either inside or outside on a turn, you can really launch it.
Another technique is to cut a decreasing radius circle at slow speed and the tube will almost stop. You have compounding wake as it closes on itself and if you straighten and hit the gas at the right moment the tube will get pulled through a 6' spike of wake which tends to wash off the occupants.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-17-2013, 3:07 AM Reply   
It takes practice... I can launch people wake to wake using different techniques and on the start-up. One thing i can't stress enough is please don't be THAT tube driver that winds up soley focused on his rider. Maintain a semblance of actually driving and being aware of your surroundings.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
combine all these ideas for a ride with variety. changing it up should help with being aware of surroundings a bit so you wont be on autopilot too
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-17-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
Lol y'all are serious bout your tubing! You all should be ashamed! Lol
Old     (ffmedic74)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-18-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
Sounds like a bunch of closet tubers on the site!
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
i do long circles while moving back and forth. once the i notice the chop in the middle is huge I whip them into it, rider never sees it coming
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-21-2013, 3:40 PM Reply   
Delete Topic.........
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
If you drive in a circle at about 8-10 mph then take off to about 25mph whip the riders out and pull them through the mess.
Old     (robertstone9)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-21-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
accelerate while turning
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-21-2013, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
Lol y'all are serious bout your tubing! You all should be ashamed! Lol
So serious that we only tube in the am before the other wakesurfersk and wallys come out!
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-21-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
A diagram.....REALLY!

We have a lake pretty close to our house, so we get on the water by 8am to ride the good stuff. Never fails that some guys starts pulling his kid on a tube just as I'm getting into the water! Of course they follow us all around the lake because they want to launch their kid off our wakes.

With that being said, we do some s-turns and the make a hard turn to get them outside the wake (a must!) and send them thru the mess. V-drives and Direct drives are GREAT boats to pull tubers. Direct drives can kill someone with how fast they can turn!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
it's hard to find good water for an extended length of time in lake powell during the summer. when the water gets bad we have two choices really. 1. pack-up and go home OR 2. go tubing. many times we just go home, especially if we forgot the tube since it is usually not on our mind till we wish we had it.

our biggest aim was to be able to make rollers in the shortest time and littlest effort The one in the diagram was our favorite that we came up with

Last edited by wakerider111; 07-21-2013 at 9:41 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-21-2013, 11:26 PM Reply   
Personally I don't try to punish or whip my riders off. My goal is to push them to the edge of falling and then back off the throttle in time for them to recover. I make big S-bends and maintain a ralatively steady speed. I mostly tow my daughters with their friends (on two tubes) and if I did anything crazy, I'd be in trouble with them and my wife. I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say I love tubing glass. There's nothing like being whipped out that low to the water at 35+ mph. If its smooth enough, you can pass the boat up after being whipped good. It's a good no-skill-required thing that makes people laugh and have fun... Having said that, my boat speed never goes over 25 mph while tubing. I think you risk serious injury going much faster and that's no fun for anyone.
So after saying all of that, I still hate it when I'm trying to board and some other boat is tubing near me... Don't they know I own the river? ;-)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Doood, some of yoous guys should hook up wit us pro-fessshional toobers. Weez got an or-gan-I-zation. It's called the International Network of Extreme Professional Tubers! INEPT, for short. Dood, like nothin' like rippin' round at like mach speeds, into a knarly mondo flip. Soooo freakin', cha. Hit me up if you wanna join the crewww.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-22-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
Doood, some of yoous guys should hook up wit us pro-fessshional toobers. Weez got an or-gan-I-zation. It's called the International Network of Extreme Professional Tubers! INEPT, for short. Dood, like nothin' like rippin' round at like mach speeds, into a knarly mondo flip. Soooo freakin', cha. Hit me up if you wanna join the crewww.

Haa haa haa...... lmao........
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-22-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
Tubing is like reefer,
its the thing nobody does.. but everybody does..
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Tubing is like reefer,
its the thing nobody does.. but everybody does..
lol