Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-28-2016, 11:32 AM Reply   
So I just used my drysuit in 60 degree air/water and it was great. Now the last remaining key is staying warm on the boat without too much hassle (enormous blankets). The other issue is there might be an occasional sprinkle which makes things like normal thermals/socks/shirts useless.

What are you guys using for clothes on the boat?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-28-2016, 2:23 PM Reply   
Polypropylene is your friend layers of it with spare dry stuff....no cotton except if you know you leak you can use cotton sweatpants and shirt to soak up the leaks.

Once you have a drysuit you find out its harder to just stay warm in the boat.

I use the same stuff for snow skiing.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-28-2016, 2:24 PM Reply   
Ugg boots
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-28-2016, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hyperflex makes a neoprene hoody that is super legit and can be worn over a wetsuit.

http://hyperflexusa.com/product/neoprene-playa-jacket/
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-30-2016, 10:21 AM Reply   
My kids use these for swim and water polo practice. I always wondered why we don't have these on the boat to keep warm?

https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-...8/?color=47424
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-30-2016, 10:22 AM Reply   
Here's a pic.
Attached Images

Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-30-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium View Post
Hyperflex makes a neoprene hoody that is super legit and can be worn over a wetsuit.

Ordered one from Amazon for this weekend.

Thanks!
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-01-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
So I just used my drysuit in 60 degree air/water and it was great. Now the last remaining key is staying warm on the boat without too much hassle (enormous blankets). The other issue is there might be an occasional sprinkle which makes things like normal thermals/socks/shirts useless.

What are you guys using for clothes on the boat?
This year we are going to use .5 mill Caribbean style US Diver full wet suits with a dry long sleeve rash shirt and board shorts or underwear. These are for Extended Caribbean shallow water dives on 80+ degree water that over time can chill you in a non swim hard dive cause shallow no nitrogen sat and you go longer

These will be perfect on boat for both wind and cold and thin enough to easily pull off even with rear entry and easy to pull off and back in from waist if the sun made the black suit too warm!! the under clothes are for chafing(if wearing and driving for a while moving arms) and decency when others in boat not more layers
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-02-2016, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium View Post

I got it in today. Looks pretty heavy duty. The only thing I'm not sure about is it's pretty dang loose on me. I know it's not made to be tight like a wetsuit, but is it really supposed to be super loose? (I'm 6ft 180lb and ordered large).

Also, can I wear thins under my dry suit or is it better to wear a sweater to absorb any small leaks?