Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-06-2017, 12:50 AM Reply   
So stoked my little man did a full lap at cable at only 4 years old! Just found out that makes him the youngest in Asia as Dan Grants little brother Bobby did it at 5 years old. Is it possibly the youngest in the world? Was so stoked when he did it wasnt sure he would manage as its on his toeside and he's so small!

Last edited by cheesydog; 01-06-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2017, 8:01 AM Reply   
Awesome!!!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-06-2017, 8:46 AM Reply   
That's awesome! Can't wait to try and get my son out this year.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-07-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
Like dad... Like son! Congrats Mark, TS looks pretty strong for a 4 year old.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-08-2017, 5:53 PM Reply   
cheers dude! Yea Im stoked on his TS edge. Took him for a boat set on the weekend he was charging ha ha
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-08-2017, 7:35 PM Reply   
Awesome! Great video
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-08-2017, 8:51 PM Reply   
What, he didn't hit any kickers?
Just kidding, that's wicked! I'm hoping to get my son to try to ride before he turns 4 in April. Gonna show him this video tomorrow, maybe it helps!
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       01-10-2017, 3:45 PM Reply   
Awesome! Cool day for sure!
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-12-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
Bang! #SnapperheadRacingWakeboardCrew approved! @twin_snappers_06
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-13-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
awesome
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-18-2017, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
What, he didn't hit any kickers?
Just kidding, that's wicked! I'm hoping to get my son to try to ride before he turns 4 in April. Gonna show him this video tomorrow, maybe it helps!
Yeh Id recommend let him learn on a System 2.0 first, its way less intimidating and they learn to turn. Once they master the Sys 2.0 turn its actually pretty easy to transition to main cable. Just ask the operator to take the speed down, we ran it at 25kph for his first few laps
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-20-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
Congrats! Just wait till he will be pulling off tricks that his old dad can't do!

So I do have a side question for all you wakeboarding dads. Do you ever get a bit nervous about starting your kids off young? I started 2 years ago or so and I love it. So I definitely would want to pass the 'joy' down to my kids. But on the other hand, I think about it and I'm just not sure if it's a great idea. Lets be real here. Wakeboarding is pretty high risk when it comes to injury. I've played sports all my life and never been injured. Usually nothing but bruises and sore muscles. But 2 years wakeboarding and I've already had a few semi serious injuries. I don't know any wakeboarder that hasn't had some kind of reconstructive surgery or at the least some kind of semi-serious injury (muscle tears,rib injury,ear drum injury, knee/ankle injury, etc). The same can't be said for just about any other 'normal' sport. Injuries happen, but generally to the unlucky few. So I feel like I might be a little nervous about starting out my kids young and having them 5 injuries deep before the age of 16! What is everyones thoughts on it?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-27-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the recommendation Mark. Only boat here though so no choice anyway.

TimelineX, I'm not worried about that at all. With little kids the boat can go super slow. Plus I think wakeboarding is relatively super safe, especially if you use the "Learnwake-method" where you break up tricks in parts and then melt them together, instead of "balls-to-the-wall"style. Soccer for instance is about a million times more prone to injuries imo.