Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    dreamboat1            10-08-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
So it's been about 12 years since i was last up to date with all the wakeboarding gear. So now I'm starting to get back in to it and was hoping to get some good ideas on what packages to get I'm 6' 225lbs. When I was wakeboarding 12 years ago I was in a lot better shape ha but I'm probably going to be starting all over again I don't want to spend a ton of money on one just want a good solid set up to help me along.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       10-09-2016, 10:56 PM Reply   
Ronix district, sweet board very versatile , good price
Old     (Bilbono)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-10-2016, 2:54 AM Reply   
I'm exactly your build and am loving the Hyperlite Murray 150. Great pop and super-soft landings - only downside has been adjusting to spins with the bigger board. Got it after multiple suggestions from this forum after I broke my Marek 145. The board definitely seems very durable which is good when us 220+ lb dudes case the wake.

The 2016 150 model is hard to find - I know there were some package deals on Overtons when I looked but the bindings weren't right for my feet. I ended up getting a used one on ebay. All else fails, the 2017 model is exactly the same, just new graphic.
Old    dreamboat1            12-28-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
So should I be sticking with a 150 size or would a 145-148 size range be okay too because seems pretty limited above the 150 size?
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-29-2016, 5:40 AM Reply   
I ride a 146 Ronix One. I'm 6'3" and 210-215 lb. 150 would be only necessary if you're way heavier. I was actually thinking of going down to 142-ish to help with my invert swing speed.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-29-2016, 7:44 AM Reply   
I have rode every big board over the last decade. My favorite is the Murray 150 for sure. I like my Marek, but found when I was a bit off for the day, I rode vey poorly. When I was on, I loved it. I found the 160 Nomad was incredibly fun, but I just could never time the pop for my invert, but I also way 300 lbs and think that has something to do with the flex load. I still rider my LF trip from time to time. It is very consistent for me, but just does not have enough kick.

I will say dante extra length of the 150 allows me to save some tricks that I normally might go out the front on. I have not had any issues spinning up to 540's and really no issues with 180's. I worked on Switch TS 180's for the first time ever (I know - I had 20+ years to work on it) and have not issue with flipping it around.

You will find most board are in the 144 range with just 2-3 above that really. The 144 range is ok, but now that the 150's are out, it makes my life so much better.

Just figure some of the pros that are 5'-'5 are riding 140-142 and in my case I am almost a foot taller and double their weight so adding the site to the board is a no brainer. Ever other sport makes large board for bigger riders, so its a no brainer to me,

Check the search engine and you will see lots of discussion for big boys and photos/video as evidence.