Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
LOL..no I LOVE my Ones. But they stink really bad as they dry, mildewy bad. After riding I hang all my stuff and my boards in my bedroom for 1-2 days because the celing fan is always on so everything dries out really fast, and then It gets stored in my closet. But my bindings and my wifes ones SMELL really bad. Anybody having this prob besides me? Jet
Attached Images

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
Haha Yeah i have the same problems. BUT take a dryer sheet and put one in each binding. Takes the smell out after a day. works every time with any of my bindings
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-20-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
^x2
Dryer sheets do the trick, just shove them in and let them hang out in there until your next set, you'll be good
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-20-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Dryer sheets work. Also try letting them dry someplace thats cooler than room temp. Typically mine smell when they get wet and stay in some sort of heat
Old     (Mindy)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-22-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
My husband got me these little camo looking balls at Cabela's that are made to drop in your boots. They work so good! They have baking soda like stuff inside that sucks out all the stink and something else in there that makes them smell so fresh and so clean(clean). I put them in my wake boots, my snowboard boots, and even my Uggs and gym shoes everytime I take them off. They came in a pack of six and I've been rotating the same set since Christmas and they are still working.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footw...3Bcat104724180

Last edited by Mindy; 05-22-2011 at 6:26 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
This is one of the reasons i Love slingshot. removable liners are much easier to dry and keep stink-free, but occasionally i have done the dryer sheet thing too

but for those without removable liners i cant add anything more than whats been said, except that a friend of mine recently built a simple attachment to his vacuum cleaner that splits to two small hoses that he shoves in each boot then turns it on low and lets it circulate over night.
if you wanted to get creative like this i am sure one could come up with similar idea using fans. some might call it overkill, but i thought it was kinda kool.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-23-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
i thought the ronix ones had removable liners?