Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-09-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
Well, I have been working on my tantrums and landed wrong and now am suffering from Grade 2 MCL sprain in knee. So, my question, what is a good knee brace to wear when I'm back wakeboarding?

Thanks
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-09-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
CTI or Don Bregg from what I have read. I to have an MCL strain. FYI, my medical insurance did not cover sports braces. I am still appealing the insurance.

m-
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
CTi is the best in my opinion....after 2 blown ACLs in the same knee, I got a CTi and haven't suffered a traumatic knee injury since (6 years now - knock on wood).
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-11-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
I'll 3rd a cti. go custom if you can afford to.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-11-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
they're made by ossur now if you're searching for them.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-12-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Kat: What CTi model do you have?
Old     (RP2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-15-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I had knee surgey over the winter. Torn ACL. I have a custom CTI brace that I love. They dry quick and offer great protection.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-16-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
They don't offer mine any longer, Audrey...it is a CTi Aspire. Today it would be the Pro Sport model!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-17-2010, 5:19 AM Reply   
Thanks for all help. I ended up with a Donjoy Fource Point Brace. It was in my price range.

Doc says I"m healing very well at my post 1 week. Still got 3 more weeks till I board again. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
Audrey - Stop rubbing it in that you can ride again in 3 more weeks! ;-D I'm still months away - my sad face... :-( Glad you are recovering nicely!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-20-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
Kat: I have no clue how your not going insane not wakeboarding! These past 2 weeks just sititng on the boat and watching others has been tense!!!! My knee is stiff but I can feel the progress, but don't want to rush it, so I probably need to wait at least till Aug. 7th to ride. All I want to do is try some 3's!!!!! I would like to nail one with the handle soon

Hang in there Kat!
Old     (mtomson2)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-23-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
CTi is the best in my opinion....after 2 blown ACLs in the same knee, I got a CTi and haven't suffered a traumatic knee injury since (6 years now - knock on wood).
I have no ACL and tore up all the ligaments in my knee. Best thing is to have a snug fitting brace and to do the exercises that maintain all those small supportive knee muscles. Balance muscles are real imprtant to keep in shape. My PT guy had me doing knee bends on one foot on a half round and then double footed knee bends on an Indo board. I wear a Don Joy. Need small amount of biodegradable shampoo to get it off it fits so snug. BTW my ACL has been gone 19 years.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-08-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
I've been in a CTI for two years. I'm in the water with it three times a week, its not holding up well. The straps and hardware are weak, expect to rebuild if your behind the boat regularly.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Update: My DonJoy works great in the water! Only complaint....once in a while the velcro comes loose on one of the pieces, but I just put it back. It doesn't happen often and no biggie. I love my DonJoy and would definetly buy another one!