Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-31-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
I am trying to fit my HSE sound controller to my new boat - mercuirser black scorpion.

The on/off signal wire from the controller needs to connect to an anolog RPM signal - the grey wire.

BUT - the wiring loom is all sealed with a plug into the back of the mercruiser smart tow system.

Sure I could cut into the loom, find the grey wire and link but I was hoping for a more gentle solution?

looking back at the motor I am struggling to follow the loom at all.

any thoughts?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2016, 6:47 AM Reply   
One of these will work like a champ for HSE: http://www.amazon.com/Install-Essent.../dp/B000PF9S6M
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-01-2016, 1:06 PM Reply   
Thankyou!
installs back at alternator?
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-01-2016, 1:11 PM Reply   
https://www.directedstore.com/manuals/454T.pdf

Bang! Will order one, thankyou!
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-01-2016, 2:12 PM Reply   
....ordered - a stereo that turns itself up and down again.....awesome.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2016, 2:52 PM Reply   
haha answered your own question. Yeah, installs at the alternator (zip tied to the alternator wire, to be specific). I ran mine that way all last season and it worked great.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2016, 8:46 AM Reply   
I know awhile back several boat manufactures started incorporating this into their boats as a stock option. I think Mastercraft and Natique? Does anybody know of any others that built it into their boats? Has anybody tried their systems? I have used HSE in the past and been in many boats that had it and was always impressed so just curious if that is how boats are built today. My MB did not offer and option for volume control so I was just curious.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-04-2016, 1:48 PM Reply   
our mates MC X30 (2014?) has it listed as an upgrade built into the control console - I don't think it is a separate unit like the HSE, pretty sure the new Malibu has it built into the main computer panel too.

There was another option called a boost box - dunno if still available.

Others use an APP which turns the volume down based on speed but I don't like that as I generally don't take my phone in the boat (play from an ipod).
Old     (g-mantrix)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-04-2016, 5:05 PM Reply   
My 2011 Tige RZR has volume control built in
I think with most new boats that incorporate some software have these, reason HSE went off the radar