Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
As the subject states, has anyone purchased a cover from tonneaucovered.com.

They are offering a really good deal on a Retrax cover and they sent me the quote via email. I know there is a lot of scamming going on lately so I'm looking to see if anyone has first hand knowledge.

Thanks in Advance guys!!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-30-2015, 9:46 PM Reply   
I purchased my retrax pro from realtruck.com. One of the best purchases I've ever made

https://youtu.be/D-o3e8yyJoA
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-01-2015, 5:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
I purchased my retrax pro from realtruck.com. One of the best purchases I've ever made

https://youtu.be/D-o3e8yyJoA
I have been looking at the retrax pro and from everything I read it seems to be the best of the best. This is the cover that I plan on getting just waiting from a good price. Thanks for the help.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-01-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
Why would you want one that takes up bed space like that? Extremely happy with my bakflip VP.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-01-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by aricsx15 View Post
Why would you want one that takes up bed space like that? Extremely happy with my bakflip VP.
I have looked in to the Bakfill tops but don't like the fact that they don't lock. You don't lose that much space with the retrax. And I like the locking ability.

I had the Fold-A-Cover G4 elite and it worked great but it was not water tight as it leaked like crazy. I want something that keeps the bed dry without it being a Fiberglas hard cover
Old     (crimson850)      Join Date: Feb 2015       12-01-2015, 9:34 PM Reply   
Diamondback also makes some sweet products, but I totally understand going for the retractable one..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-02-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
I went with the Backflip also. As long as your tailgate locks, you're all good because the Backflip can only be opened from the inside. If your tailgate doesn't lock, then a locking cover does you no good anyway. Long story short, the Backflip is secure. It's also light and easy to remove in seconds, and doesn't leave behind an obstructing track system to get in the way.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-02-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I went with the Backflip also. As long as your tailgate locks, you're all good because the Backflip can only be opened from the inside. If your tailgate doesn't lock, then a locking cover does you no good anyway. Long story short, the Backflip is secure. It's also light and easy to remove in seconds, and doesn't leave behind an obstructing track system to get in the way.
Yep, this is exactly right. I researched hard and almost went with a roll'n'lock or retrax but ended up with the Bakflip and couldn't be happier. If If your tailgate doesnt lock get something like this. Super easy to install and cheap...

http://www.truckaccessorizer.com/Bul...l#.Vl8Z4HarTRY