Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2018, 4:56 PM Reply   
LOL Facebook says 6.8 million users had 3rd party apps access users “Photos”
Dude, if you have not ditched FB by now what’s it gonna take? And this is just the stuff you know about. The Cambridge Annilitica hack was not a wake up call that seemd to work! The sheep are still addicted to FB. Personally never had FB and think the platform is a total joke. Looking forward to its implosion.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-15-2018, 5:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
LOL Facebook says 6.8 million users had 3rd party apps access users “Photos”
Dude, if you have not ditched FB by now what’s it gonna take? And this is just the stuff you know about. The Cambridge Annilitica hack was not a wake up call that seemd to work! The sheep are still addicted to FB. Personally never had FB and think the platform is a total joke. Looking forward to its implosion.
You ditched FB? No wonder we haven't seen any "Obama's Grandma to Receive $175K a year, for life"-type stories from you. Without FB, where are you getting your news? Infowars?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2018, 9:16 AM Reply   
I'm making buckets of money because I hooked up with a job contract through someone who I reconnected with on FB. Granted it still might of happened through LinkedIn, but there isn't a single photo I post on FB that would bother me if someone accessed because it's public anyway. Won a Wakeboarding magazine "old guy" contest and a CWB wakeboard and got in the fall 2015 issue of the magazine through my presence on FB. Got a free Jobe wakeboard because of my presence on FB. Have closer ties with extended family because of FB. I always can get instant confirmation that my adult kids are OK by seeing they recently posted on FB because they use it a lot. Get to see tons of pictures of my grandkids that live 1000 miles away because of FB.

Sure... every fad runs it's course but I'm not seeing any imploding in the near future.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2018, 3:09 PM Reply   
Funny how Mark J bringing up “the frog being boiled 1 degree at time” Triggerd you but the same thing happening in real life has no effect.

LOL

The stupid will be the first to go
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2018, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Funny how Mark J bringing up “the frog being boiled 1 degree at time” Triggerd you but the same thing happening in real life has no effect.

LOL

The stupid will be the first to go
That would be awesome. Then your dumb a$$ wouldn't be making so many idiotic posts.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2018, 7:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
fly135 I'm making buckets of money because I hooked up with a job contract through someone who I reconnected with on FB.
You lost tranny sister/ brother connection dosnt count. I bet your a prime example why normal people don’t post or have a FB account. To avoid weird F’s like you
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-16-2018, 1:47 PM Reply   
That's uncharacteristically nasty G
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2018, 7:39 PM Reply   
I now have an involuntary laughter response to the term tranny because one of the best lines in "The Office" was when Michael was fighting to be Santa and called Phylis Tranny Claus when she wanted to wear the outfit. Such a great non-PC show.

As for FB... Never had it, never will. Don't want it despite the fact we have four adult children now. I don't need to be up my kids' asse$ waiting to grab morsels of info.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-16-2018, 9:13 PM Reply   
...a lot like fly. I could not care less if someone stole my FB photos... Much like WW or WB or anywhere else I throw a photo online....I assume it’s public and can be snatched and grabbed. Hell, I don’t put chit on my phone that I don’t think someone can grab.

Yes, I FB, actually posted tonight.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2018, 10:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Yes, I FB, actually posted tonight.
You and a lot of 13 year old girls... Oh, and Fly135-who can't find good work without it on merit and reputation alone, despite a Yugely booming Trump economy. Poor fly... One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. Fly always reminds me of the scene from Holy Grail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxMPqxJGqI

Last edited by markj; 12-16-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-17-2018, 4:39 AM Reply   
Mark, you have severe reading comprehension problems. It's like you are intent on proving yourself a bigger moron every time you post.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2018, 5:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You and a lot of 13 year old girls...
I don’t believe kids are on Facebook. They’re all about Instagram and Snapchat.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-17-2018, 7:06 AM Reply   
Children may not be on FB but they sure are on WW. Jesh. But yeah Deuce, kids think FB is a dinosaur.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2018, 7:37 AM Reply   
My point is.
People simply don’t care that FB can’t or doesn’t hold your information private. Data breaches and leaks, O well I guess that “cat videos” people post on FB are so awesome you willing to turn the other cheek. Here is a good example, a few people in this very thread have said “I don’t care if some one stole my photos from The Fourm! Hey guy. They stole photos that you didn’t post dummy they stole photos or looked at photos that were private “On your phone”. Another person here says “I don’t care about the photos on my phone” That’s completely stupid. So because you don’t care about your privacy (and you should) 6.8 million other FB users should not care as well? The frog in the pot 1 degree at a time. Hey I say keep doing what your doing, FB needs Sheeple.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2018, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Mark, you have severe reading comprehension problems. It's like you are intent on proving yourself a bigger moron every time you post.
Hey I’m just always looking for opportunities to crack jokes and make fun. Mostly at other people’s expense. Allow me to kiss the ring and repent. I guess I should be taking these very serious conversations more....... seriously. My apologies.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2018, 8:05 AM Reply   
Words to live by.
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-17-2018, 11:42 AM Reply   
I love Family Guy probably way more than the next guy. But that kind of friendly ribbing doesn't work as well online.

@Grant, I don't use the FB phone specifically because it's too intrusive.

BTW that banana peel to dirt nap was a bit on point. In the hospital right now with a gallstone blockage.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2018, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I love Family Guy probably way more than the next guy. But that kind of friendly ribbing doesn't work as well online.

@Grant, I don't use the FB phone specifically because it's too intrusive.

BTW that banana peel to dirt nap was a bit on point. In the hospital right now with a gallstone blockage.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Heal quickly and hurry back so us sane people can keep ribbing you. Bottom line is you can't take any of this crap seriously. Some of us are here just to get our daily lib kicks in.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2018, 12:25 PM Reply   
Bit buy bit BIG Tech is tightening the rope around everyone’s neck. I have always hated FB can’t stand when someone starts a conversation “I was on FB and” I can just feel my eyes rolling. IMO Facebook is like asbestos. When asbestos first came out it was Considered a miracle product, Now anything with It is considered a product of death. O well. Keep on “Frending” and Thumbs Upping”
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-17-2018, 2:00 PM Reply   
Thanks Mark.