Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Robertmsyo)      Join Date: Jun 2019 Location: Central California       04-30-2020, 1:59 PM Reply   
I have 1 season under our belt with a 2019 Sanger V215. Learned to get up and even toss the rope for a short ride. My question is can the driver turn the boat, making a large loop of the lake, while I stay in the pocket? We surf goofy and the traffic is counter clockwise. Appreciate the tips. Now we just need to open the lakes in Cali!!
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       04-30-2020, 10:23 PM Reply   
nah dude, go straight and only straight... circles youre just ruining the water for everyone else including your self.
Old     (noel)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-01-2020, 12:36 AM Reply   
Yes, you can make a loop, no problem. Once you get more skill, you can actually turn sharper than you would expect and stay up.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-01-2020, 1:34 AM Reply   
I live on a quiet lake that's shallow. In the drier season, I need to go in circles. If I go straight, it's a short pass to work on an aerial. Although, when other people try to wakesurf in circles versus straight, I notice the waves actually get smaller quicker. Going straight, waves actually go down the lake and carry their power longer. On a small lake, wakesurfing is going to ruin good water no matter what and on a counterclockwise lake your own boat can ruin the whole lake.

Another reason to turn versus straight depends on wake shape. My wake is pretty steep on an old SAN 210, so turning helps mellow it out and make the pocket longer (the circle I make has about a 300-500 foot diameter). If your wave is already mellow, turning will ruin it.
Old     (Robertmsyo)      Join Date: Jun 2019 Location: Central California       05-05-2020, 5:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Yes, you can make a loop, no problem. Once you get more skill, you can actually turn sharper than you would expect and stay up.
Thank you! Now I just need California to open the lakes.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-05-2020, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
how do you turn a loop counter clockwise with a goofy rider???

OP figure out your weight config so you have a good wave all the time, not just turning