Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Pnut80)      Join Date: May 2017       02-27-2019, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ok guys, Next Boating Season i will be Purchasing my First Wake boat, Currently just have a bow rider. Looking at trying to go ahead and get all the Surfing supplies needed before hand. Question is this. Family of 4. Me, Wife, 16 year old daughter and 14 year old son have never surfed. What boards will be needed for Entry level and how many sizes will be needed. Biggest Weight is me at 200. Lowest is son at 110, but son is growing like a weed. Thanks
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-28-2019, 7:04 AM Reply   
Liquid Force Fish is a good cheap board & everyone in my family, (same weights) all learned on it. Glad it was cheap because we were all outriding the board in a month or two. From there, try to demo boards via your dealer. There are a lot of good ones, not so good ones, ones I hate but my buddies love etc. Now that the entire family is good, doing tricks, spins, transfers we all have our favorites. We own 11 boards, my daughter & I LOVE the Hyperlite HiFi. I also have a Cooley custom that blew away the Soulcraft Voodoo so I sold that. My wife & myself too love the Connelly Katana, which actually might be a good board for you guys to learn on & keep. I have two Inland Surfers, I prefer the Sweet Spot Pro, the other is for sale.

We also own the Slingshot Butterbar, was great & just fine till we rode the HiFi and now no one rides it so that's going up for sale as well. So many options, so many prices but at the end of the day they're all pretty good till you ride one better then you keep moving up. That's how you end up with a wall full of boards
Old     (ElJefe63)      Join Date: Nov 2018 Location: Lake Gaston, VA       03-01-2019, 2:44 PM Reply   
Agree with wombat on the Slingshot. Used that all last year and everyone loves it. Picked up a couple of new boards (Ronix Thumbtail+ and Byerly Speedster) so we'll see if the Butterbar gets replaced.