Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-12-2018, 9:20 PM Reply   
Anyone have any time on them? Who makes them? Are they built like a wakeboard or a true surf board? I need a better board and they are priced pretty good.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-13-2018, 11:06 AM Reply   
I can help with this-

I am 1/3 of team NautiCurl and a long time Wakeworld Member. Just some quick background on us. As most know, the first product we launched was our NautiCurl Wake Shaper and still remains the core of our business. Over the last 3 years we've had countless phone calls from people using our wake shaper asking us how to weigh down their boats and/or what board to ride. Seeing an opportunity early on we partnered with Fat Sac and various wakesurf board manufactures to sell their products on our site, which has been great for us and our partners. With every business there always seems to be a natural progression. In our case that progression has been moving towards wakesurf and skim boards as well as some other general boating products coming down the pipeline, growing the brand rapidly into a full line of NautiCurl Branded products.

As for the surfboards. The first boards we launched for 2018 we partnered with Shortbus Wakesurfing to build us a line of Skim boards, these are hand made in Virginia and an absolute blast to ride. We are offering a true skim called the Daily Drive in 54", 56", 58" and 60" co-branded with Shortbus. We also had them build a second board for us, the Sunday Drive, a true Hybrid Surf/Skim in 56" only, this board is great for everyone from beginners to experts.

The new 2019 Line of NautiCurl boards are 100% our own boards, not co-branded with any other brand. These are true surf style boards, not compression molded like wakeboards or many other wakesurf boards on the market at a similar price point. The NautiCurl or NautiSurf boards as we are calling them are handmade overseas like the majority wakesurf boards on the market. Each the 4 new boards/styles are available in a variety of sizes and shapes and all include Futures fins standard. I'm riding the 2019 NautiCurl Jet Wing 4' 10" board and having a blast on it, floaty and fast with a quad fin set-up, it's a fun board to ride.

Lots more good stuff to come in 2019!

Last edited by andy_nintzel; 08-13-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2018, 1:57 PM Reply   
Great info. Are they pretty durable? Will they fit in a normal board rack? I wish i could see and try one. Hard to biy online with somthing like this
Old     (Shoebox)      Join Date: Aug 2017       08-13-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I can help with this-

I am 1/3 of team NautiCurl and a long time Wakeworld Member. Just some quick background on us. As most know, the first product we launched was our NautiCurl Wake Shaper and still remains the core of our business. Over the last 3 years we've had countless phone calls from people using our wake shaper asking us how to weigh down their boats and/or what board to ride. Seeing an opportunity early on we partnered with Fat Sac and various wakesurf board manufactures to sell their products on our site, which has been great for us and our partners. With every business there always seems to be a natural progression. In our case that progression has been moving towards wakesurf and skim boards as well as some other general boating products coming down the pipeline, growing the brand rapidly into a full line of NautiCurl Branded products.

As for the surfboards. The first boards we launched for 2018 we partnered with Shortbus Wakesurfing to build us a line of Skim boards, these are hand made in Virginia and an absolute blast to ride. We are offering a true skim called the Daily Drive in 54", 56", 58" and 60" co-branded with Shortbus. We also had them build a second board for us, the Sunday Drive, a true Hybrid Surf/Skim in 56" only, this board is great for everyone from beginners to experts.

The new 2019 Line of NautiCurl boards are 100% our own boards, not co-branded with any other brand. These are true surf style boards, not compression molded like wakeboards or many other wakesurf boards on the market at a similar price point. The NautiCurl or NautiSurf boards as we are calling them are handmade overseas like the majority wakesurf boards on the market. Each the 4 new boards/styles are available in a variety of sizes and shapes and all include Futures fins standard. I'm riding the 2019 NautiCurl Jet Wing 4' 10" board and having a blast on it, floaty and fast with a quad fin set-up, it's a fun board to ride.

Lots more good stuff to come in 2019!
I have the Nauticurl and love it!

Is there any kind of return guarantee if we buy a board and don't like it?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-15-2018, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Great info. Are they pretty durable? Will they fit in a normal board rack? I wish i could see and try one. Hard to biy online with somthing like this
Thus far they are plenty durable, we would warranty any board that had an issue. They are surf style construction, handmade and they range from 1.75 - 2.5" in thickness depending on the size of the board. We would also accept a return should you not be happy with the boards. That said we have been shipping them like crazy the last two weeks and are yet to get a return.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-15-2018, 6:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
I have the Nauticurl and love it!

Is there any kind of return guarantee if we buy a board and don't like it?
We'd take it bank for sure!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-17-2018, 2:24 PM Reply   
https://nauticurl.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQj...YaAmB1EALw_wcB
Why now bi-directional boards?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-23-2018, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
You lost me, why a blunt noes board
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-26-2018, 6:04 PM Reply   
I need a bi-directional skim surfboard, but I don't see any for sale.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-27-2018, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
I need a bi-directional skim surfboard, but I don't see any for sale.
They're coming!
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-14-2018, 8:02 PM Reply   
Any feedback on these. I might pull the trigger on black friday but would relly like some real world feedback.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-21-2018, 6:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Any feedback on these. I might pull the trigger on black friday but would relly like some real world feedback.
I am with NautiCurl and we are pretty stoked on these boards. We have been getting great feedback. The surf style boards are 100% NautiCurl and our Skims are co-branded with Shortbus Wakesurf.

Pricing is going to be nuts on Black Friday-
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-21-2018, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I am with NautiCurl and we are pretty stoked on these boards. We have been getting great feedback. The surf style boards are 100% NautiCurl and our Skims are co-branded with Shortbus Wakesurf.

Pricing is going to be nuts on Black Friday-
Thank you Andy.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-27-2018, 1:40 PM Reply   
Let me guess: gravity is a Nauticurl (such a stupid name) employee/owner/whatever, “pretending” to be just an interested consumer. You guys played this same game with your surf spatula a few years ago and it backfired. And now you’re at it again? Give it a rest! Stop peddling your garbage on the forums and become a sponsor for the site already. And please don’t try this nonsense over on TeamTalk again.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-27-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Nope i am an interested person looking for some info. I did order a board to try out. But have never bought anything from them until 3 days ago. I figure for the price i can't go wrong.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-27-2018, 7:51 PM Reply   
Wasn't trying to create a problem. I was just hoping to get feed back.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-27-2018, 9:29 PM Reply   
Fair enough grav, but these clowns have been known to pose as random people unaffiliated with their company and ask questions about their own product in a pathetic attempt to generate forum talk/interest. It is a deceitful tactic and quite frankly an insult to anyone/everyone they’re attempting to gain as customers. They probably hope we forgot about that little trick they tried years ago, but I haven’t and will never give them my business.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-27-2018, 9:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Fair enough grav, but these clowns have been known to pose as random people unaffiliated with their company and ask questions about their own product in a pathetic attempt to generate forum talk/interest. It is a deceitful tactic and quite frankly an insult to anyone/everyone they’re attempting to gain as customers. They probably hope we forgot about that little trick they tried years ago, but I haven’t and will never give them my business.
Thanks.
It's gonna be a long winter but maybe i will post how the board I bought performs.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-28-2018, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Let me guess: gravity is a Nauticurl (such a stupid name) employee/owner/whatever, “pretending” to be just an interested consumer. You guys played this same game with your surf spatula a few years ago and it backfired. And now you’re at it again? Give it a rest! Stop peddling your garbage on the forums and become a sponsor for the site already. And please don’t try this nonsense over on TeamTalk again.
Wow - That was unnecessary. There is zero pretending here, I own this company, with a rad name if you ask me and our team. To each their own, not sure where all this angst is coming form, although the forums always turn for the worst during the off season. We (NautiCurl, Such a cool name) post on Teamtalk from time to time and all the boat owner forums as ourselves, the owners of the company. We have nothing to hide to anyone. So we will keep peddling our outstanding products to stoked consumers all over the globe. Best of luck - sorry you feel so negatively for zero reason.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-28-2018, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
People make mistakes, that was a mistake and we owned up to it on Teamtalk and Wakeworld within 24hrs. Not sure why you are still so angry, no one else is. We have given countless promo codes to the Teamtalk crew and every other sight, in fact people typically ask us for promo codes from the forums and we are happy to help.

~happy surfing~
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-28-2018, 8:29 PM Reply   
Props for owning it. While we’re at it, I should own up to calling your name stupid. That was over the line. Can’t blame me for being over cautious though. This thread sounds eerily similar to that original one. Hard to fault someone for not wanting to be hoodwinked again. Best of luck to you.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-02-2018, 2:50 PM Reply   
No one was hoodwinking anyone. I see Nauticurl wake shapers all over the place and own one myself. Clearly they have an already successful product and are now branching out. I own thirteen wakesurf boards and even I was tempted to take advantage of their Black Friday deals on boards. Frankly we need more companies like them in this industry, companies who offer excellent value for the money.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-06-2018, 6:30 AM Reply   
Well i got my board. The jet wing. What a great looking board. Wont be able to ride until spring but what a great board for this price point. I paid more for the cwb ride that is basically a surf shaped wake board. These boards are true surf style foam core. Quad fin. They also are very responsive to any questions i had before and after the sale. Would suggest to anyone looking for a board or wakeshaper.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-07-2018, 4:03 PM Reply   
Weigh it for us....if you get bored.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-07-2018, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
Weigh it for us....if you get bored.
Will do. I'm not sure what these should be its 4foot10 by about 20wide. Honestly not as light as i may have tought. Pretty nice quality though.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-09-2018, 6:59 PM Reply   
The jet wing board i bought is 8.6 lbs. That is with the traction pads and all 4 fins on it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-10-2018, 8:14 AM Reply   
Seems to me like that rear traction pad should be all the way to the rear? Did you place it or do they come that way?
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2018, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
Seems to me like that rear traction pad should be all the way to the rear? Did you place it or do they come that way?
I installed it.
Old     (wakechango)      Join Date: Aug 2014       12-11-2018, 6:59 PM Reply   
I bought one as well and I have t been able to ride it but I’m happy with the weight and feel of it in my hands. They also answered all my questions prior to purchase with email and text. These guys were great to order from.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-11-2018, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakechango View Post
I bought one as well and I have t been able to ride it but I’m happy with the weight and feel of it in my hands. They also answered all my questions prior to purchase with email and text. These guys were great to order from.
What board did you get? How did the traction install go? What boards have you had previously?
Old     (wakechango)      Join Date: Aug 2014       12-16-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
I bought the Jet Wing because I wanted a quad fin board. After riding a 2019 liquid force space pod on a demo I knew I wanted a quad fin set up and I liked the price point. My wife has a doomswell nub step, we also have a ronix parks thruster and a liquid force fish. I’ve also tried various other boards. It has been hard for me to find a board as I’m 6’5 275 so I’m hoping this one will work for me. The traction pad install was easy I just laid it out where I wanted it and had a second pair of eyes to make sure it went on straight.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-17-2018, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
What board did you get? How did the traction install go? What boards have you had previously?
The hardest part it committing to where your going to install the traction! I ride the jet wing and mounted the traction almost identical to you, just a bit wider on the back foot to accommodate my size 13 foot.
Old     (tbowen929)      Join Date: Dec 2018       12-28-2018, 9:32 PM Reply   
I bought a Nauticurl wakeshaper a couple years ago, it was their first or initial design. After the first season I noticed it had started to bend and I had an issue with one of the clamps breaking. I sent them a very polite email explaining what was going on. They immediately and without question sent me a new/updated one completely free of charge! I was very pleasantly surprised, they are a great company to deal with.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-02-2019, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbowen929 View Post
I bought a Nauticurl wakeshaper a couple years ago, it was their first or initial design. After the first season I noticed it had started to bend and I had an issue with one of the clamps breaking. I sent them a very polite email explaining what was going on. They immediately and without question sent me a new/updated one completely free of charge! I was very pleasantly surprised, they are a great company to deal with.
Wow do you have any pics of this you can send me. With close to 5,000 units sold we've never seen one bend, the only time I have successfully bent one was running it over with my truck. I'd love to see some pics of this if you could email pics if you have them to info@nauticurl.com or nauticurlsales@gmail.com that would be great.
Old     (tbowen929)      Join Date: Dec 2018       01-17-2019, 4:24 PM Reply   
It wasn't a dramatic bend, more of the ring the suction cup sits in started to separate from the body. The new one had a reinforcement in that location. The problem with the unit wasn't really the point of my comment, it was more about how impressed I was with your customer service.
Old     (haveboatwilltravel)      Join Date: Feb 2019       02-21-2019, 2:34 PM Reply   
just ordered a jetwing. that price is so cheap I couldn't resist.