Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2013, 2:04 PM Reply   
We have been trying to surf a little more lately. It seems I can get the Wake a little bigger ( more people, more weight) but I can’t get in any longer. We are literally are surfing right behind the swim platform. I have to keep stalling not run into the Back of the Boat. Last week I had 9 people in the boat 3 in the front every else Portside and it is still a very wide short wake. I do understand that this 21 foot boat isn’t going to create a monster of a wave. I just want a little more wave face. Last week I only was running the Stock Ski Locker sack plus the 9 people. I have two other large sacks that I can fill manually. I was going throw one in the rear locker and one in the Walk way, is there any other tricks to making the wave longer ?

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-07-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
Your biggest problem is the boat. Sangers sit very low in the water to begin with so your going to have a very difficult time trying to load it down to get the wave your hoping for.
To create a longer wave you need to add more weight in the nose. Your best bet is lead since your bow isn't very big
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-07-2013, 9:57 PM Reply   
X2 on weight up front. I would go 75% full port side then load up goofy and front. 210 won't make as big as 215 or 237 but it will work just keep moving weight around
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-09-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
I sufed my v210 for 8years before buying my current boat. I had a really nice wave with a hard tank + a natique wedge sack on top of it in the rear locker, lead under side seat about 250lbs., a sack in the bow and a trim tab on the boat. I have lots of pics but I am on a trip. I will see what pics I have on my phone. Be careful driving when its weighted down.
Old     (ccripps)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-10-2013, 5:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the Suggestions I went and got couple of large sacks and manual pump, next time out I'll throw one in the Port rear locker and the other as far upfront as I can get it. Sue I would be very interested in seeing any pictures so I know what is possible.

Thanks
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-12-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
Chris I will get you some pics when I get home. I have a good one on my phone but I can't get it to load.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-15-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
Chris, Here are some pictures from last summer of my 05 Sanger V210 wake. I sold it and bought a 2011 Supreme V212, so I would have more free board but the Sanger was a fun wake.
Attached Images

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-15-2013, 8:24 PM Reply   
Sue, the pictures are great. I have the same boat as you. My wake is too close to the boat but I looks like your up front weight is making yours longer. Did you install the trim tabs?
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-15-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom. We insalled a Lenco adjustable trim tab and bolted a 16" square piece of aluminum to the existing plate on the trim tab. The larger plate really cleaned up the wave and having the trim tab down part way added length to it without loosing too much wave height.
We no longer have the Sanger but it was a fun boat. Now we are perfecting the wave on our new boat, a Supreme V212.
Old     (Kingsriver)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-15-2013, 9:26 PM Reply   
Sanger Tom, Good luck on adding 16 inches. .....?.....?..???
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-15-2013, 9:43 PM Reply   
I was frustrated for a long time trying to surf our V210. I would build up a wave that looked nice and was big, but I just couldn't get any push from it. Despite having read the comments about putting more weight in the front I guess I just never added enough, because it wasn't until last week that I decided to leave my locker sack full as well as around 400 pounds in the triangle bow sack. With 6 people on board, 5 of them on the starboard side, as well as the 400 pound bag in the back we finally had a pretty nice long wave with a good amount of push to it. This is with no trim tab to help things out. I am 220 lbs. and was able to surf it easily on a CWB Tsunami 4'9".

So definitely put more weight in the front and see how it works out. I'm looking forward to trying the setup described above on the port side, since it normally seems to be the better side for surfing.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-16-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Nick - have the exact same issue. Can build a wave but no push. Will try the weight up front.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-16-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention that we also had 250lbs under/behind observers seat. We had plenty of push but we were riding very low in the water. Here is my friend Jeff Wahlers of Soulcraft boarding riding one of his custom boards behind my V210. You can see how low the back corner of the boat is riding in the water.
The V210 is a fun skim board wake because of it's size and shape. Not as intimidating as some of the bigger boats. Now that I ride surf style I enjoy the bigger wakes.
Attached Images

Old     (rugbyballa3)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-17-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
i would say put as much weight in the walk threw and the bow as you can with out sinking that ish. hahaha i run 2350 lbs in the bow of my axis a22. normaly 4700lbs total. but the other weekend i added 2 600 lbs sacks on the seats and it was amazing. like that picture shows you almost got to sick that ish. i usto surf a 94 sanger 20' direct drive it was my parents boat and thats all i had. hahahaha talk about almost sinking it. i would run 2000lbs plus 10 people in that boat. hahaha.
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-29-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
i run 360lbs of lead up front and then about 600-700 in the rear locker of whatever side were surfing. plus 3-4 people on that side. my wave is plenty big to do 360s and other tricks. dont see the need to weight it more then that!
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-29-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
One other factor to consider is speed, faster makes it longer, however you need to have the weight to go with it. My old boat was 20'8", when we ran 3200lbs of ballast one of our settings was 12.7mph, 2800lbs was 11.7 mph etc etc

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-29-2013, 5:29 PM Reply   
You can get a reasonably long wave out of the V210 but you have to weight the front a lot.

We run 200 pounds in the chain locker
120 under surf side bow seat
700 in the floor
800 pounds surf side locker
Attached Images

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-25-2018, 1:42 PM Reply   
Mine is done slightly different and I have had great results. I have a sac rated at 600 pounds in the under floor center ballast with two 70 lb blocks of lead in the bow. I then put 350 lb sacks in each side of the rear storage. If we are lacking people, for example like this morning we went out with only three people I will fill up a 475 lb sack and put it in the floor right in front of the back seat. Here's the extremely funny thing... My wake seems to clean up a little bit better when the gas tank gets closer to three quarters or half full. I also have to keep the Auto bilge on or it changes the Wake also. We also told about 10.5 but not sure about my speedometer.
Have fun
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-25-2018, 3:56 PM Reply   
This is an old thread but I would hope anyone is now using a wake shaping device such as a "suck gate", mission delta.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-26-2018, 7:30 AM Reply   
absolutely! don't a bunch of pics as I'm usually driving, but my 230 puts out a solid wave.
Old     (Princebaindar)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-26-2019, 8:35 AM Reply   
I have 03' V210 and with 250lbs in the rear lockers along with chain locker filled and few people, the wave is pretty good. The delta does allow you to get further back on the wave.