Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-05-2016, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yup,
Still making them and I have a few sets ready to ship out.
Price is 250$ for one or 450$ for two plus 30$ shipping in the continental USA (PayPal to corsonpiper@gmail.com).

Please get ahold of me if you are interested in a set!
corsonpiper@gmail.com

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=4664
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-20-2017, 11:06 AM Reply   
Just finishing up another run of these this weekend.
They will be ready to ship out early next week for anyone interested!

CHEERS!!!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-25-2017, 7:11 AM Reply   
I just wanted to add that Corson stands by his product also. I've had these racks for I'm guessing 5 years now. So much use that the bungees started stretching and failing. He sent me new bungees, no questions asked. Top notch!
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-04-2017, 11:12 PM Reply   
Finally got around to installing this.

Couldn't be happier with this rack. Been emailing Corson on and off since 2015 & I never nutted up and bought one. Finally got sick of my board bag in my walkway.

I have a flat piece running down the middle of my tower so I couldn't do the clamps. Instead I through bolted it with a M8 thumb screw. Cheaper then the clamp to
I also opted to go with the straps instead of the bungies. My buddy has the bungies and the straps are a lot easier to get the board in and out with one person.

Thanks Corson!!

Last edited by BrettLee3232; 02-04-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-14-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
Plenty of these ready to ship out in time for summer!

Contact info here:
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-26-2018, 11:10 AM Reply   
Carson Piper, Thanks again for building awesome surf racks. I kept the racks off of the Big Toe and mounted them on the Pinky Toe, this is how they should be mounted on a Gladiator tower.
Attached Images

Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-26-2018, 4:57 PM Reply   
WOW!!! Very nice setup!

I ran out of stock late last summer and have been pretty busy this winter, but I am in the middle of making another batch of these and they should be done by the end of Feb.

anyone interested in getting in line for some of my racks please send me an e-mail: corson(no space)piper(at)gmail(dot) com and I will be sure to let you know as soon as they are boxed up and ready to ship.

More info in my classified ad here:

Thanks for all the GREAT feedback! I love to see all of the pics of my racks on different towers.

CHEERS!!!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-26-2018, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper907 View Post
WOW!!! Very nice setup!

I ran out of stock late last summer and have been pretty busy this winter, but I am in the middle of making another batch of these and they should be done by the end of Feb.

anyone interested in getting in line for some of my racks please send me an e-mail: corson(no space)piper(at)gmail(dot) com and I will be sure to let you know as soon as they are boxed up and ready to ship.

More info in my classified ad here:

Thanks for all the GREAT feedback! I love to see all of the pics of my racks on different towers.

CHEERS!!!
Good on ya Corson for keeping these racks going. They are great.

If you need pads or straps we carry them. I like the Dakine Aero Pads and you will see many people use those.
Support those that support the sport.
http://chaossurfco.com/board-bags-ra...kine-rack-pads
http://chaossurfco.com/board-bags-ra...ie-down-straps

Nick
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       01-31-2018, 6:09 PM Reply   
Loving my racks from you too that I bought this summer, great upgrade! Super sturdy and hold a 15lb SUP board (yellow one) for the kids without issue and love that bimini protects my boards from sun since I also carry a couple high end boards and these racks cause zero damage to boards. Fits 2 large boards between my 2 REV-8 speakers. Lucky that my tower is tall so I don't hit my head on the board fins, helps that I am only 5' 10" tho.
I was able to use "speaker mounts" since my tower bars are round at top.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       01-31-2018, 6:10 PM Reply   
Whoops, forgot to upload the pics, lol
Attached Images

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-01-2018, 8:07 AM Reply   
D where did you pick up the clamps for the rack?

Dave
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       02-01-2018, 3:57 PM Reply   
I cant remember off top of my head, but thot I remembered buying them for around $25-$30 each....just tried to find it and they are higher than that now. Mine came with rubber inserts to allow you to fit to
a couple different diameters and screw to bolt in the racks, I just added a lock washer (make sure you measure your tower size). Here are a couple options I found in links. I think the 1st link is the one I
ordered from.

https://www.krypt-towers.com/tower-clamps/

https://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboar...amp-p/1143.htm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/162629055396

The Dakine pads I bought from Amazon, I do remember that for sure (gotta order correct length...think they were 18" but can measure the racks to verify)
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-01-2018, 8:22 PM Reply   
They are the 18" I just ordered and installed them. I also had to make a couple of cuts in the pads to fit the racks.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-02-2018, 9:36 AM Reply   
diywake.com is another source for tower clamps
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2018, 11:50 AM Reply   
The Dakine pads come in a number of types so it can be confusing.
Standard (round 18" pads, set of two.)
Aero (wedge cut aero design, 18" set of two)
Aero XL (larger wedge cut designed to fit wider crossbars, 18")
Standard Long (same as standard only 28")
Aero Long (see standard long).

Nick
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-19-2018, 3:24 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the great feedback and for pitching in for clamp and rack pad sources!

I just finished machining up another batch of my racks and should them boxed up and ready to ship by the end of the week.
get a hold of me if you want in on this!

Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       02-22-2018, 6:50 PM Reply   
Love my Piper racks! I regularly carry 2 boards in each rack with zero damage.
Old     (JJOcean)      Join Date: Feb 2018       03-22-2018, 7:49 AM Reply   
I'm in the process of mounting 2 of Piper's rack up top on my Gladiator tower.* I've got 4 speakers and lights all mounted on the tower now, so out of room under.* Plus I'm 6'4" and I bump my head from time to time on my inside speakers ... would hate to catch my melon on a board.* Boards will be up top with socks on.

Here's a couple shots of the base install.* I went with bigger bolts (1/2" diameter) since I'm offsetting the mount points on just the back side of the racks.* Since those pics were taken, I've powder coated the racks and spacer mounts black to match the tower.* I also just got the bimini back with 4 holes hemmed to allow the spacer mounts to pass through.

My boat is at the dealer right now getting my tracking trued up after a rudder replacement.* Once I get it back, I'll mount every thing and post some pics of the final install.* Top quality racks ... can't wait to get them some use!
Attached Images

Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-30-2018, 7:12 AM Reply   
Lookin very nice!!!!
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-03-2018, 1:40 PM Reply   
Plenty of these boxed up and ready to ship out!
Get a set and protect that surfboard this summer!
Get a hold of me if you want a pair!

corsonpiper(at)gmail(dot)com

Last edited by piper907; 04-03-2018 at 1:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-08-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
I set up a new e-mail to allow you to connect with me easier!

overheadsurfracks(at)gmail(dot)com if you would like to get your hands on a set of these!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-09-2018, 9:09 PM Reply   

Racks are DYNAMITE. Supra SE mounted to factory swivels. Works just great!
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2018, 8:09 AM Reply   
Wow, I would have never thought about mounting them vertically like that. They look good though!
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-21-2018, 8:47 AM Reply   
@dakota4ce could you post a few close ups of how you mounted your surf racks? I was thinking about putting mine in vertically as well.
Old     (kjohnson709)      Join Date: Aug 2015       05-28-2018, 4:57 PM Reply   
@Piper907 - are you still in the business of making these? I just sent you a PM? :-)
Old     (JJOcean)      Join Date: Feb 2018       06-11-2018, 11:49 AM Reply   
Finally got around to taking a couple pics of the racks installed. Couldn't be happier with the outcome. Works great for getting the boards up and out of the way.
Attached Images

Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-11-2018, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarland0 View Post
@dakota4ce could you post a few close ups of how you mounted your surf racks? I was thinking about putting mine in vertically as well.

They’re mounted to the factory swivel racks....removed the forks, mounted these up with SS hardware.

So I can swing them in.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-11-2018, 8:34 PM Reply   
@kjohnson709 ....email him CorsonPiper@gmail.com Pretty sure he is still making them occasionally
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-18-2018, 7:23 AM Reply   
sorry,
I didn't see any private messages come thru.
Feel free to e-mail me at either of the addresses above if you want a set of racks.
I have plenty in stock and ready to ship out at the moment.
also... check out @overheadsurfracks on facebook for more photos of customer installs.

CHEERS!!!
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-13-2018, 6:54 AM Reply   
I'm finishing up another small run of racks if anyone is interested.
get a hold of me!
overheadsurfracks@gmail.com
Old     (WakesurfMedia)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-15-2018, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper907 View Post
I'm finishing up another small run of racks if anyone is interested.
get a hold of me!
email sent!
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-16-2018, 2:07 PM Reply   
Got it!

Just finished up another small run of these to hopefully keep up with demand thru the end of summer. Let me know if you want some!
Old     (Liquidationsportswenatchee)      Join Date: Oct 2018       10-25-2018, 3:36 PM Reply   
www.liquidationsports.com has massive sales on all water sports. Time to get started for the new season and the holidays are right around the corner.
LOG on to our WEBSITE
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-04-2018, 7:07 AM Reply   
Surfing season is over for most of us but I still have quite a few racks in stock and ready to ship out. These would make a great gift for the boat owner in your life.

Get ahold of me if you are interested!

@overheadssurfracks on facebook
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-08-2019, 2:14 AM Reply   
Back orders have all been filled and racks are shipping out! Get your order in before they are gone!
@overheadssurfracks on facebook
Attached Images