Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-29-2019, 12:38 PM Reply   
Anyone ridden phase5 MVP? Curious how it compares to Victoria factor or phase5 daniello.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-21-2019, 4:22 PM Reply   
Same! Or compared to p5 matrix.
Old     (XSpaceWrangler)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-14-2020, 9:58 AM Reply   
I have an older P5 Danielo that I have ridden for years (51" I think). I got a S/50" P5 MVP that I rode last summer. The extra width of the MVP was not very noticeable. The MVP seems to have a good bit more rocker in the nose. The extra rocker makes it feel much shorter than the Danielo to me and also much "spinnier". I was having trouble stopping my spins at first on the MVP (i.e., I would end up spinning a 540 when trying to 360) but adjusted to it fairly quickly. I haven't landed a shuvit behind the boat on either board but flipping them around on carpet or trampoline i like the MVP more because of the full length pad. I rode both mostly with the 1" fin so not enough finless riding to give a good finless comparison. I'm happy with the board but would like to try the next size up MVP for comparison if I was buying again and had that option ( i'm 5'6", 140#).
Old     (XSpaceWrangler)      Join Date: Apr 2012       03-14-2020, 10:11 AM Reply   
Rocker comparison:
[IMG]http://[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-15-2020, 2:22 AM Reply   
Interesting. I am 152lbs and was considering the smaller board. Now, I wondering if I should go with the 53.