Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Jdewayne)      Join Date: Jun 2018       09-23-2019, 4:53 PM Reply   
I am looking at purchasing a boat and have these two in mind

2001centurion elite v w/ 2-750 fat sacks

2002 MB 220v w/ stock ballast

Which boat would you recommend?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-24-2019, 6:45 AM Reply   
mb. early centurions had really finicky wakes. not sure if that year is one, but would steer clear. MB's are solid and already has ballast system
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-04-2019, 12:43 PM Reply   
First boat I ever surfed behind was a 2002 Elite V. That was back in 2002 hahaha. That was in the infancy of wakesurfing and it could be made to surf with a lot of list. These days you do it with fat sacs but back then we had big dudes hanging out on the corner of the rear locker.
Old     (Scotty)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-04-2019, 7:48 AM Reply   
First boat we ever surfed was an 03 MB 220V. We had it 6 years. It had 1600 lbs of stock ballast and with the peeps on one side you could surf a very clean wave with no rope. Later we added more ballast, a wake plate and a suck gate and it had a great wave. My only complaint was that it was easy to dip the nose coming down from surf speed to idle. It is a great option for the price point. It does well at the other disciplines also.
No experience with Centurion elite.