Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sebenfitty)      Join Date: Jun 2018       08-09-2019, 2:13 AM Reply   
'06 Tige 22ve. Enzo bags in back. Integrated bow sac.

We're just starting to surf. Currently have the LF Rocket and it's not working for anyone in the boat, especially this 300 pounder. I'm still dialing in the wake, but for what I've got now I think my 13yo should be able to go wireless, but is having trouble.
Looking to get a couple boards and I'm on a tight budget. Need one for the lighter riders, probably end up being the hyperlite broadcast 5'4" because I can get it pretty cheap, and I'm seeing a lot of good reviews of it being a good all around beginner/guest board.
I know I've gotta spend a little more on the big boy board. I'm currently looking at the IS red rocket and the Doomswell Nubstep 5'2". I can get either one for around $500. The nubstep is obviously the better deal. What would the experienced surfers choose and why? I'm assuming the Red Rocket would be a more durable board? Is there another board in this range you would suggest?

Thanks in advance
Old     (sebenfitty)      Join Date: Jun 2018       08-09-2019, 2:53 AM Reply   
Also a slight consideration toward the Landlock if anyone has any experience with it. But I would like to be able to grow with the board and eventually throw some tricks. Not sure if that would be possible with the Landlock.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2019, 3:10 AM Reply   
no on the landlock.
I don't think a 5'2" nub would work, just not enough buoyancy. I'm 6'2", 220 and wish it was a tad longer. they also make the jefe, but its more of a cruiser than a trick machine.
the red rocket may be the ticket. or call Brock at Doomswell to see what they recommend.
Nick at Chaos is super cool and knows whats up as well.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2019, 3:20 AM Reply   
victoria captain XL.
Old     (sebenfitty)      Join Date: Jun 2018       08-09-2019, 3:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
no on the landlock.
I don't think a 5'2" nub would work, just not enough buoyancy. I'm 6'2", 220 and wish it was a tad longer. they also make the jefe, but its more of a cruiser than a trick machine.
the red rocket may be the ticket. or call Brock at Doomswell to see what they recommend.
Nick at Chaos is super cool and knows whats up as well.
So you have the 5'2"? Site shows it's good to 300. I assumed it would be one of the thicker boards. Jefe is only rated to 270. I always assumed it was their big boy board until I checked the size chart.
Old     (sebenfitty)      Join Date: Jun 2018       08-09-2019, 3:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
victoria captain XL.
I'm trying to stay around 500. Wanna leave room in my budget for a wake shaper along with the two boards I need to buy. If I go to 750 I think I'd go to the Chaos Ringer XXL
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2019, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebenfitty View Post
So you have the 5'2"? Site shows it's good to 300. I assumed it would be one of the thicker boards. Jefe is only rated to 270. I always assumed it was their big boy board until I checked the size chart.
I do. 2 1/8" thick. REALLY surprised the jefe is rated for more than a nub....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2019, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I do. 2 1/8" thick. REALLY surprised the jefe is rated for more than a nub....
is NOT rated...
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-09-2019, 8:17 AM Reply   
The IS Red Rocket will work. Or look at the Idol Surf Tonga Kahuna LTE.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-09-2019, 9:10 AM Reply   
Im a fan of the Shortbus Daily Driver 5' 0" or Brigade Surf Couch.
Old     (SySurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2019       08-09-2019, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
'06 Tige 22ve. Enzo bags in back. Integrated bow sac.

We're just starting to surf. Currently have the LF Rocket and it's not working for anyone in the boat, especially this 300 pounder. I'm still dialing in the wake, but for what I've got now I think my 13yo should be able to go wireless, but is having trouble.
Looking to get a couple boards and I'm on a tight budget. Need one for the lighter riders, probably end up being the hyperlite broadcast 5'4" because I can get it pretty cheap, and I'm seeing a lot of good reviews of it being a good all around beginner/guest board.
I know I've gotta spend a little more on the big boy board. I'm currently looking at the IS red rocket and the Doomswell Nubstep 5'2". I can get either one for around $500. The nubstep is obviously the better deal. What would the experienced surfers choose and why? I'm assuming the Red Rocket would be a more durable board? Is there another board in this range you would suggest?

Thanks in advance
Nubstep is a good board. I think you will like it. Its max is 300 lb but couple probably handles more. The El Jefe is also a good one.
Old     (sebenfitty)      Join Date: Jun 2018       08-10-2019, 3:47 AM Reply   
Couldn’t pass up the Inland Surfer. Picked up a Red Rocket for me and a Tako blem for the kids. 750 shipped for both
Old     (Redbear781)      Join Date: Aug 2019 Location: Giżycko Send a message via ICQ to Redbear781       08-20-2019, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Couldn’t pass up the Inland Surfer. Picked up a Red Rocket for me and a Tako blem for the kids. 750 shipped for both
Getting any push on the Island Surfer?