Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CTM17081)      Join Date: Sep 2018       07-29-2019, 5:15 AM Reply   
I know Heydays get a lot of hate on this forum, but I was able to get a new 2019 WT-2DC decked out for less than most used big name brands unless I was will to go several years old. Unlike many of the posts I have read here and on brand specific forums, I did not have to add any additional ballast or have a boat full of people to get a surfable wave stock. This was only my second time trying to surf and I was able to go ropeless. Also, there was only about 325 lbs of passengers on the boat when this video was taken. I am thrilled with the purchase and performance, not to get better at surfing.

https://youtu.be/KFhQTLpGX3o

Not sure how to inbed the video.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-29-2019, 3:30 PM Reply   
Any new wakeboat will have a surfable wave stock. People add ballast to make a better wave.

You also had to stick a surf plate onto the side of your boat, which most new surfboats don't require.

Glad you bought a boat you love, enjoy it. It's just not my cup of tea. I also think surfing is boring, so we can disagree on that too.

I'll let the wakeworld haters take things from here.

Last edited by bcd; 07-29-2019 at 3:32 PM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       07-30-2019, 12:59 AM Reply   
Go surf a G23, a Malibu, an MB, then report back on the heyday wave
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2019, 4:25 AM Reply   
I have heard the wave behind them is pretty good. More is always better however.lol.

I'm just not a fan of how the boats look and the lack of the windscreen on the smaller model. Early spring and in the fall that would be a cold boat to be on. I also believe anyone that buys one of these will have a harder time trying to sell it. I'd personally rather have a few year old boat that looks nicer and has more features for the same price.

Locally those Heyday boats are still around $ 100k CDN new. I can buy a 2016 Centurion Ri 217 which is a way nicer boat and better surf boat for the same price.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-30-2019, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Any new wakeboat will have a surfable wave stock. People add ballast to make a better wave.

You also had to stick a surf plate onto the side of your boat, which most new surfboats don't require.

Glad you bought a boat you love, enjoy it. It's just not my cup of tea. I also think surfing is boring, so we can disagree on that too.

I'll let the wakeworld haters take things from here.
BCD, why are you hanging out in the wakesurfing section then???

OP glad you found a boat you like. I too have heard the wave is pretty good behind them. enjoy your summer.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-30-2019, 4:01 PM Reply   
Geez. What is with all the hate? Let the man enjoy his boat. May not be your cup of tea, but you didn’t buy it. Lol. Congrats on the purchase, glad you are stoked on it. If you happen to wake board, you should post pics of the stock wake. Would be interested to see it.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-30-2019, 4:14 PM Reply   
Geez. What is with all the hate? Let the man enjoy his boat. May not be your cup of tea, but you didn’t buy it. Lol. Congrats on the purchase, glad you are stoked on it. If you happen to wake board, you should post pics of the stock wake. Would be interested to see it.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-30-2019, 4:28 PM Reply   
Heyday did well at the Wake9 Polar Bear. Some hardcore Centurion guys that went were extremely surprised how well it did. Weird looking boat but it seems to surf really well when set up correctly.

A Heyday owner purchased an Infinity Wave system and it works very well on his boat.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       07-31-2019, 12:43 AM Reply   
I meant no hate by trying other boats. I meant ride the other boats, then compare the Heyday. I'm very curious to know how it compares.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-31-2019, 4:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Hooke102 View Post
Have also heard the wake is legit.

CTM post some pics if you strap in