Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2019, 10:52 AM Reply   
Ok, what are you guys riding this year? I've got a '16 Ronix Koal Thruster. It is so far and away better than the old Hyperlite Broadcast we had, but I'm looking to take another step up this year. Any recommendations on both brand and size? I am 6' and 185lbs and want a surf style board preferably with a blunt nose that I could ride revert. Thanks.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-07-2019, 11:02 AM Reply   
Phase 5, Soulcraft, Victoria, Doomswell?

Last edited by eubanks01; 02-07-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: stuff
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-07-2019, 6:14 PM Reply   
Soulcraft voodoo
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-07-2019, 10:20 PM Reply   
Here’s a vote for Chaos Sixer!
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       02-10-2019, 7:36 AM Reply   
X2 on Soulcraft Voodoo. Bought it toward end of last year and love it

The board I was on for most of last year was a Soulcraft JS Pro (Jordie), its 4' 8" and an awesome board, but was a little too long for me at 5' 10 and 170lbs....so I bought the 4' 6" Voodoo and length is perfect for me on that board.
I am gonna sell the SC Jordie if you are interested, perfect shape and looks like new. $600 picked up in NC. (will shamelessly post some pics below)

Doomswell Neo is another good revert board. That one was my first and was excellent to learn on and progress, similar shape to the Jordie just a bit heavier and thicker, which also made it a little more bouyant. Lots of great boards out there and having a great board can cut down on the learning curve, well worth the $ for a great board IMO.
Attached Images

Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-11-2019, 3:18 AM Reply   
I didn’t like the voodoo at all. If you’re gonna go soul craft check out the secret weapon.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-11-2019, 10:30 AM Reply   
The voodoo is OK the secret weapon is good— my overall favorite of that line is really the Honu. I think that board is the fastest one Jeff makes.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2019, 3:03 AM Reply   
Secret weapon, a Keenan and a custom for me this year. I have at least one of every shape that soulcraft makes but those are my favorite right now. Speed and fins are directly related. I run the large chaos foil fins and the boards are rockets. The skim in the pic is what my wife rides.
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2019, 3:06 AM Reply   
These fins are the best I have found so far. Love them. https://chaossurfco.com/wakesurffins...-fin-flare-fin
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       02-13-2019, 3:33 AM Reply   
I have not ridden a Soulcraft board that I did not like. They are all different in some ways and it really comes down to your riding style. Secret Weapon is an awesome board, excellent for airs and fast carving. At some point I want to order a full custom from them and get a really cool design done. Happy with what I have at the moment since the board is still better than I am, also saving my money since my next big spend will be adding GSA/tabs to my 2014 SV244, would be nice to not mess with suckgate anymore tho I certainly cannot complain about the wave.

Love the Centurion branded boards you posted above H20king and the colors of you new FI25 are sweet! I walked thru an FI25 at boat show recently and looking forward to riding behind it this Spring, love everything about the design of the FI, if I wanted to upgrade, the FI25 would be my choice for sure.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2019, 3:44 AM Reply   
Those are just 100k centurion stickers LOL I order with decals shipped loose then just use them on my boards
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-15-2019, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
These fins are the best I have found so far. Love them. https://chaossurfco.com/wakesurffins...-fin-flare-fin

Nick’s flare fins are nice! Depending on your desired feel, Futures Machado and Solus have also proven themselves worthy. I have a couple pairs of all of the above. Fins are very fun to play with.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-18-2019, 8:14 AM Reply   
How do the Soulcraft boards sell...blank with no graphic? I guess their selling point is a true hand-shaped surfboard over a compression molded board from a wakeboard manufacturer?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-18-2019, 8:19 AM Reply   
And how would you guys compare the Soulcrafts to the Doomswell Neo or Bandwagon?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-06-2019, 11:27 AM Reply   
I ended up with a Phase 5 Phantom. Thanks.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-06-2019, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
I ended up with a Phase 5 Phantom. Thanks.

Man that is a heck of a board. I rode one a few weeks back and had a riot. Had not surfed in four months plus and was surfing an unfamiliar 23 LSV, and had a riot.

You’re going to love it!
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-07-2019, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
And how would you guys compare the Soulcrafts to the Doomswell Neo or Bandwagon?

I cant imagine many people have really ridden a Bandwagon as it just came out this year and at least for me its been winter for a long time. I think the Bandwagon is a better option than the Neo if you're looking for something lighter, lower volume and a little more squirrely. I was lucky enough to get one very early. I have always liked the Soulcrafts and Doomswells though so I am definitely biased to those two brands.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-07-2019, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
How do the Soulcraft boards sell...blank with no graphic? I guess their selling point is a true hand-shaped surfboard over a compression molded board from a wakeboard manufacturer?
ride one.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-07-2019, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
ride one.

I agree. I might say that if graphics are a consideration when you purchase surfboards, then maybe you haven’t ridden a good surf board yet?

A well done hand shaped board could be the color of vomit and I would still happily ride one
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-17-2019, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
I agree. I might say that if graphics are a consideration when you purchase surfboards, then maybe you haven’t ridden a good surf board yet?

A well done hand shaped board could be the color of vomit and I would still happily ride one
I think he was asking how they come from a standard graphic package perspective, not how does anyone buy them because they don't look cool? Believe he is asking what kind of looks you get for $1100 and perhaps what the extra cost is to get some custom graphics added.
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       05-18-2019, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
I think he was asking how they come from a standard graphic package perspective, not how does anyone buy them because they don't look cool? Believe he is asking what kind of looks you get for $1100 and perhaps what the extra cost is to get some custom graphics added.
This is an example from soulcraft
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       06-09-2019, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Secret weapon, a Keenan and a custom for me this year. I have at least one of every shape that soulcraft makes but those are my favorite right now. Speed and fins are directly related. I run the large chaos foil fins and the boards are rockets. The skim in the pic is what my wife rides.
So how do you like the Keennan? I've been riding the Super AV. Just looking to add a board with a different feel.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-29-2019, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
At that point, get a pic of your Johnson on it if ya want. Or your 3rd grade school portrait. Or your girlfriend. You decide. Yes, the ride will be worth the ticket.

Doomswell rocks. Cant wait to ride a soulcraft..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-29-2019, 5:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post

This