Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       05-06-2019, 5:52 AM Reply   
For you guys that like the Phase 5 boards, which board did your kids move up to after learning on the Scamp? I've got a 13 year old daughter who is fairly light but don't know which new board for her to try. My Diamond might be a little big for her. Kinda wanted to stay with Phase 5 if i can. Thanks in advance for any input. Ken
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-06-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
victoria project V or victoria factor pcx.

(I know I know, phase 5.... my kid moved from scamp to prop, but the two aforementioned victorias are such better boards than the prop, and our prop now gathers dust)
Old     (JPO)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-06-2019, 7:17 AM Reply   
This is what our girls ride now. They used to ride the Scamp.

https://phase5boards.com/pages/19-boards-fish

I may shop around for a small surf style for my oldest (14) to try.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-07-2019, 3:03 AM Reply   
If looking to stay skim, consider the Luv, Leo or Matrix in the appropriate size. The Leo and Matrix are pretty thin, basically as thin as performance skim boards go.
These are performance boards, so they might take a bit to get use to. The Luv will be a bit more forgiving.

If looking to go surf style, and wanting to try airs, etc., go Chaos. We invented the performance youth market.

Nick
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       05-07-2019, 7:38 AM Reply   
Thanks all. I don't HAVE to stay Phase 5...I just personally like the look of them. I'll look at the Victoria and Chaos before pulling the trigger. I tried a Luv once myself and it was pretty fun.