Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-22-2018, 1:56 PM Reply   
Looking for wake surfers in the LA area to meet me at Lake Castaic. Must have truck and be willing to pickup, launch, fill and empty ballast, retrieve and take my boat back to storage. Free wake surfing and no charge for gas. I may be willing to pay a fee to someone who is highly qualified. Background check required. See my other post: Dialed Malibu 247 Wake surf.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-24-2018, 10:10 AM Reply   
so you want someone to launch your boat, fill bags and pick you up at the dock?
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2018, 10:53 AM Reply   
That's how I do it now. I have a boat guy at Lake Nacimiento who does all the grunt work. When the boat is ready, I meet him and other friends at the dock for a surf session. I love to surf but don't like messing with the boat.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-24-2018, 11:40 AM Reply   
Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-24-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
Does this person have to get you dressed and wipe your ass after you use the restroom as well?
Old    Zackdogg            10-24-2018, 2:45 PM Reply   
I need a boat boy to hold my beer pipe, and wipe my chin when I’m done!! I’ll drive the damn boat myself!! I do pay in beer, as well!!
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-24-2018, 3:04 PM Reply   
I didn't know this site was so populated by low lifes. I guess I won't post anymore.
Old    Zackdogg            10-24-2018, 3:22 PM Reply   
Didn’t realize that nobody is allowed to joke around, man. Don’t be so uptight. It’s a forum where most people share a common interest that’s supposed to be fun, you’re bound to hear some screwing around.

Go find a political forum if you want a bunch of people with sticks up their asses.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-24-2018, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgalloway View Post
That's how I do it now. I have a boat guy at Lake Nacimiento who does all the grunt work. When the boat is ready, I meet him and other friends at the dock for a surf session. I love to surf but don't like messing with the boat.
Go to the beach?
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-24-2018, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
I didn't know this site was so populated by low lifes. I guess I won't post anymore.

Hey there—

This is a light hearted site at best. Your claim that your boat is the most dialed on earth already set the tone for the responses you were gonna get. People figured you were kidding, but it’s clear you were serious for some reason.

From there you asked for a boat boy, and that really threw people for a loop. Then, as your strange boat boy request was met with humor and jest, you resorted to the low life comment.

You my friend are not built for this site.

Try Craigslist personal ads.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-24-2018, 4:40 PM Reply   
“I like to surf but don’t like messing with the boat” was perhaps something that invited sarcasm and low life behavior. We apologize.

You need a surfing service.
Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-24-2018, 7:39 PM Reply   
I don’t know what’s in your area but you can pay a marina to do that
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-25-2018, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
You need a surfing service.
He’s on the coast! The pacific serves up surfing service weekly
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-25-2018, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looking for wake surfers in the LA area to meet me at Lake Castaic. Must have truck and be willing to pickup, launch, fill and empty ballast, retrieve and take my boat back to storage. Free wake surfing and no charge for gas. I may be willing to pay a fee to someone who is highly qualified. Background check required. See my other post: Dialed Malibu 247 Wake surf.
Alright, I play a little Devils advocate here. I moved from Minnesota to LA with no boat to pursue the wakeboard dream. For the first year plus I was there I met a ton of people and mainly rode on Upper and Lower Castaic Lake. There were 100s times that I would get boats that weren't mine out of stoarge, fill them with gas, drop the boat in, fill the ballast and them met the owner just so I could ride. Then when we were done wakeboarding I would got put the boat back in storage. Honestly, I never thought anything of it other than I got to wakeboard behind really nice boats. Sure at times I felt like the boat boy, but I was using some one elses boat to get what I wanted, which was to wakeboard and progress. This actually lead to multiple boat owners trusting me enough to use their boats without them around. It was really all about time, most of the boat owners would meet me int the middle of their work day and had just and hour or two to ride, so having me do the hour of prep and tear down worked great for both of us and made the riding possible. These arraignments can work great, my time in LA is proof of that. And I used Wakeworld to make these connections in the beginning.

On the flip-side of things you're getting crap on here because a lot of people love the rituals around boating, from towing the boat to the lake, to filling the ballast, to wiping the boat down when your done using it. I happen to love and hate this, I live on a lake now and wish I could just push a button and my boat would be floating at the end of my dock, with a full gas tank and full ballast. But that's not reality, the only way I am surfing is to get the boat ready myself, which does sometime feel like a chore.

Anyway, this group is pretty light hearted, I have been a Wakeworld member for 15+ years. A lot has changed in that time, but keyboard jockeys will be keyboard jockeys and with pretty tight group on here your going to get called out. I have been ripped apart more times that I care to knowledge on wakeworld, I have even asked to have threads removed by the admisn. Hell even, I started multiple threads about how horrible wakesurfing is, that lead to stickers being made that said, "Friends don't let Friends wakesurf," now I own a wakesurf company. You just came off like you're to good to set up a boat and that you really needed a lesser man to set everything up because you do feel like doing it yourself, then the "low lifes" comment........ I'll admit I instantly thought you were gong to get called out when I read this thread.

Its all good fun on here, let's try and keep it that way peeps. An minus his delviery that wakesurf arraignment he's looking for is perfect for some one who just wants to get out on the water.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-25-2018, 8:53 AM Reply   
i've posted to quite a few kids to hang around the dock and be helpful as a way to get involved. sounds like op is just trying to squeeze every hour out of his day. nothing wrong with that.

I'll bring the grey poupon
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2018, 9:37 AM Reply   
An odd post, but I know LA is a hard place to find people to ride with. When I lived there I didn't know about Wakeworld and it was difficult to find a 3rd. My friends liked being out on a boat, but were not boat savvy at all. Good luck to you.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2018, 9:44 AM Reply   
Thanks Andy & Denverd1. I appreciate your reasonable comments. And to your point, Simple, I do surf Rincon Point 5 days per week. About 1 or 2 sessions per month, I get uncrowded excellent waves. The rest of the time, when its crowded or flat, wake surfing is way better.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-25-2018, 4:19 PM Reply   
Rincon doesn't brake that often, Unless you like 1' waves. When a good south swell hits , it turns on, but that is very rare for any period of time, and definitely not 5 days a week or with any consistency. The rest of the time it's a longboard wave at best.
You have a better chance of consistency heading down to the point or C-st
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2018, 8:42 PM Reply   
I like small waves, and if the point is not breaking I surf Bates Beach...same parking lot. And yes, I do surf there 5 days a week. Quite often it's close to flat. I don't drive far to surf, unless it's wake surfing, which is guaranteed perfection.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-25-2018, 8:46 PM Reply   
The vast majority of surf spots are inconsistent, and usually short rides and closed out, with the exception of world class point breaks like Rincon and Malibu. So I just love wake surfing...the mile long wave faces....no crowds.....its great.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-26-2018, 6:44 AM Reply   
yep. the consistency of the wave behind my boat is hard to beat. Just got back from Costa Rica. I surfed a little but find the boat wave to be better from several aspects. For an hour every day, the ocean kicks ass. the rest of the time, give a boat on a deserted lake.

Last edited by denverd1; 10-26-2018 at 6:47 AM.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2018, 6:39 PM Reply   
Hey Jimmy, I found you some boat boys!
Attached Images

Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2018, 6:45 PM Reply   
Sorry, Joe. They don't fit the "highly qualified" requirement.
Old     (Surfsupdude)      Join Date: Jul 2018       10-27-2018, 8:04 PM Reply   
Wow! Going after people with disabilities. Real classy!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-30-2018, 7:25 AM Reply   
That's just messed up!!! How old are you?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-30-2018, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Hey Jimmy, I found you some boat boys!
Not cool-
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-30-2018, 6:34 PM Reply   
In a second I’d sell my boat , put my cash in my pocket , wife doesn’t have to help me put up tower every weekend, dial his goofy wave for wife and me though I surf all four ways, wife surfs and rides free without me spending family money to support our sport addiction, quit paying insurance, quit draining the sacs fully at end of weekend, wipe the boat down but not bemoan every scratch , not move the lead to dry, not pay for fuel, give Jim surfing lessons and let him use my smaller boards cause he’s pretty stiff, great physique, stiff as a board on that too big board, take this deal in a heartbeat and be his boat bit*h any day and as above earn his trust to use his boat without me where I would do all the owner type stuff

My snow trips would in essence be free!!

Jim you thinking about down south , we surf and ride all year !!

Last edited by granddaddy53; 10-30-2018 at 6:42 PM.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-31-2018, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hahaha, this is next level boat owner stuff