Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    rustybone            04-15-2004, 10:44 AM Reply   
Looking to hear from all the Canadian rippers.Post pictures and tell use a little about your self.

I`ll start Kirk Ruston 29 been wakeboarding for about 3 seasons soon to be 4. I love wakeboarding so much I started my own Shop to spread the joy. Sold a 132 Byerly today to a pair of local twins. I can`t wait to see them out there busting in on that thing. Wakeboarding has mad a real impact on my life. I love the feeling of riding and the feeling I get when I help someone get up for the first time.Wakeboarding has become an obsession for me as I`m sure it has for some of you. We ride here in the Beautiful town of Penetang ever night after work. So if you are in the area stop by the shop and we`ll take you for a tow.

Here are a couple thing we are involved in ,in some way or another. Things I think fellow Canadians can appreciate.
www.skate4cancer.com
www.stokecity.ca
www.xcup.ca
www.schoolbussurfshop.com
Old    loudelectronics            04-15-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
Same here man. Wakeboarding has taken over my life. It is all I think about and I volunteer my time and money into it. I even sell boards for shops with out getting commision; just to get ppl out on the lakes. My new project is to start a club up in our area. Man does it ever take some work but I am coming up short of funds to purchase the boat. I am also trying to get a camp together for people in Cancer care manitoba to come out and enjoy the lake and watersports. We ride at lake metigoshe in manitoba. I am an intermediat rider but my little bro at 14 is going to be an outlaw this year in comps. He is a little better at air orientation than I.
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            04-15-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
Im from saskatchewan. Just started to wakeboard last year. I like it alot and can't wait for the new season to start. But I don't havea boat so I gotta try a little harder to get out on the lake. I hope to improve alot this year. I ride on Long Lake which is about 40 mins out of Regina. I just purchased a 04 CWB Pure in january, with a pair of MOBE bindings. From vmwake.com .
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-16-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
Hey Kirk,

We too will be riding in the Penetang area this year, docked at Hindson Marine. I am 27 years old, this is my second year in wakeboarding and I too am hooked for life, barring any nasty injuries....my brother Mike (GreenPinky) and I have a 20ft Bayline 4.3 with a Big Air Tower and Liquid Audio lights, Sony deck and speakers, going to be adding some weight and throwing down some big tricks with any luck. I am in Toronto but spend every weekend up in Wasaga / Penetang in the summer, my brother lives in Wasaga and we were actually in the SchoolBusSurfShop last weekend checkin out some new line and jackets. See you up there this summer. Are you serious about the boat for sale??
Old    rustybone            04-16-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Daniel

I have a boat you may be interested in its a 210 Scorpion I had built. Lots of toys on it and it looks awsome ,350 mag, Bravo 3 drive, Heater, internal Ballest tank, Pop up cleets and a skylon tower. You`ll have to stop by and take a look at it.

Old    sotter12            04-16-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hey I live in northern alberta, ride a lake about 30 mins away. I can't wait for the season to get rolling, we are in the process of upgrading the boat we ride behind from a 16' glastron to either a malibu or a centurion. All I can say is this year is going to be over the top, now if we could only get some warm weather to melt the ice on the lake
Old    wake_chik            04-16-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Hey Sotter...which lake to you ride at? I am in Edmonton.
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-16-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
Right now its Lethbridge Alberta, going back home for the summer, going back to Saskatchewan but will be riding alot in Manitoba and going to be back up in Alberta every so often, I can't wait to hit up the lake on May long weekend at Manitoba and wipe out in or on the ice..
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-16-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
Right now its Lethbridge Alberta, going back home for the summer, going back to Saskatchewan but will be riding alot in Manitoba and going to be back up in Alberta every so often, I can't wait to hit up the lake on May long weekend at Manitoba and wipe out in or on the ice..
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-17-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
im in BC im mostly wakeskating... i do it like everyday in the summer.... i also do some local comps
Old    sotter12            04-17-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
I'm five hours north of E-town, riding gregoir lake. Not much of a lake but better than a kick in the pockets. I am getting the itch to get out and ride bad , i just got my wakeboard mag the other day so all I can do is sit and dream of hitting the water

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-19-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Kirk,

I dont know how to retrieve my private messages, I was asking you how much you are looking to get for your old boat. If you want you can post it here or email at irishguy@hotmail.com

Thanks
Old    rustybone            04-19-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Come on. There has to be a couple riders from Ontario in here some were.
Old    forum25            04-19-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
I'm from ontario, i ride in the muskoka's!

i'll have to drop by kirk and do a story on you guys for stokcity.ca, if you dont mind that is!
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-19-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
Hey Kirk,

I will be by the Bus to pick up some new Spectra Line if you carry any sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. I will probably be stopping by the Bus this weekend just to have a look around. My brother and I will be launching into Penetang Bay this weekend and docking over at Hindson. Right across from you.
Old    rustybone            04-20-2004, 5:06 AM Reply   
Look forward to meeting you guys. I`m sure we have some lines for you. Hindsons eh, Justins son is hard core he went riding last weekend April 17. Kid has balls.You guys should hook up and ride with them, there younger but there good guys.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Another Manitoban here,
Haven't posted here for quite some time. Nice to see other 'tobans. I' m riding on the Manigotogan River which is north of Pine Falls. Hopefully I'll be picking up a boat late spring or early summer. Graduating from Uni so my dream of getting a boat is getting closer to reality. If yes, will be riding more often and probably on the Red during fall. I've been riding for about 6 years, can't do much behind the boat but LOVE it anyways. Hopefuly getting a boat will help me in the trick dept.

Reminder of the Coors Light Throw Down - Scheduled for this August.

L8r,
Justin

Lake Metigosh
Old    rustybone            04-23-2004, 6:22 AM Reply   
Looking for Ontario Riders here. Anyone interested in spending a day out on the water with Dave Briscoe. 100 a person for the day. It is a great experience to ride and learn from top riders. And the guy has a pimped out Supra Launch which is pretty cool too. We sent a group with Dave last year and they are all going again this year. Dave is a great guy and is lots of fun. If you ask really nice he may even do the Rooster for you, which I hear is worth the price of admission.

If you are interested go to www.schoolbussurfshop.com and contact use directly.

Old    dyonisus            04-23-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
hey fellow canadians, I am from Toronto and spend most of the summer in Wasaga Beach. I really dig being up there. And now that I jetski and wakeboard it is even more fun in the sun.

Watch for www.slidingglass.com to hit events across southern OOntario all summer long!

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Kirk,

My borhter Mike and I were up there on the weekend and stopped into The Bus to see you but you were not there.....Scott was though and he was a cool guy. You need to get prices on your rubber Mica PFD's. Are you going to be carrying any Specta lines this year? Also, we launched into the bay yesterday and took the boat for a couple of rips. Too cold yesterday to do anything yesterday, but water temp was up to alomst 51 degrees, we were boarding late last year in 55 degree water.

Slater,
I am from Toronto and spend every weekend in Wasaga, but we do our boarding in Penetang which is only a half hour away, you should come out and we will give ya a few pulls this year.
Old     (braap)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
Hey Justin, wheres Coors light throw down?
Old    rustybone            04-26-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
Daniel

To bad I missed you guys. I`m sure we will bump into each other over the summer. If you guys need anything at all just drop us a line and we`ll make sure we get it for you. 51 ouch.
We start riding next tuesday hope it warms up a bit.

Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-26-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I know I'm late, but I'm going to answer Kirk's poll on Canadian rippers. My name's Mike, I'm 24 from Wasaga Beach, ON and this will mark just my second year boarding. Like my brother Dan said (GreenThumb), we've got a 20' Bayliner with a V6 sterndrive and a BigAir tower. The wake is decent, but nothing special. Good enough for us to learn on and then we'll pick up a used Mastercraft or something. Lookin to thrown down some cool stuff behind that boat this year. I love boarding, and just the whole environment around it. Hope to see you all out on the water in '04. Kirk, we start on Sunday. I think we'll pop by and pick up a Mica jacket from you beforehand.
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-26-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
Where are all the riders from Saskatchewan?

Name's Darren, I ride at Emma Lake, Sask. where it's tough to find calm water because it's the most populated lake in the province, but still a great place to be. Mac Bar rules!!

The ice is off on some lakes. Lets get out there.

www.gtwatersports.com
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-26-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
anyone in BC? I ride on vancouver island all summer and hit the BCWSA comps.... any canadian riders out there add my msn evan_park00@hotmail.com you never know when you might end up in my area or me in urs
Old    tribal            04-27-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
First session yesterday for me here on the west coast.Air 28 water 10.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-27-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
I'm from Edmonton AB I ride out of Fork Lake with a crew known as 16:12. I'm still waiting for the ice to melt and plan on competing for the second year in a row this summer in at least one amature comp. I've been riding for 7 years and am finally thinking about upgrading my board (bindings was last year).

You can check out the pictures of myself and some of the people I ride with at:
http://www.wakepics.com/media.php?searchstr=user:2546&trick=Any&type=Any&t ime=1083079024&search=search&limit=10

Like every year to this point I don't know what's happening this summer but I'd like to make it out to Kelowna for the pro tour and possibly chill with some riders I've met out that way.