Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-05-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
I have been using Babes products for years and they have worked well. Now I purchased a new boat. I was wondering is there something better. Has anyone done a comparison between Babes and Boat Bling and Boat Candy?
Thanks for any info
Don C.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-05-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
I love Boat Bling. I have not done a comparison, but I have used the vinyl cleaner, vinyl conditioner and hot sauce for 2 full seasons now, and I'm completely satisfied. My interiors have fared much better over the past two seasons than they have in the past.
Old     (DQ)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-05-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
I have used Babes for years and was thinking of changing myself
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
I have been using boat bling for a few years now and love it. I picked up a complete set of Hula Boat Care products to test out. I am currently "dirtying" my boat up so that I can do a side by side comparison of Boat Bling and Hula Boat Care. I will report back after I do it.

I have not used babes yet...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-05-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
I used Babes for several years and Hot Sauce is better on every level. It removes spots and shines up the boat better. I will say that Babes smells better but at the end of the day who really cares about that more than getting a cleaner boat. On the interior I use Malcoleather and plastic cleaner and their PB2 to condition but I'm planning on switching from the PB2 to Hot Sauce conditioner. I also have hot sauce quickie wax but have been non plused by it..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
Been using Babes and I love it! Never had a chance to pick up and of the Boat Bling stuff
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-05-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
I used Boat Bling for about half of last season before switching to Hula Boat Care. The Hula Surf Away Spray Detailer is much better than Hot Sauce IMO.

I like the Hula vinyl cleaner and conditioner better as well. It smells better and leaves the vinyl a little softer. Every 4-5 times out I still use the Boat Bling Condition Sauce after cleaning the vinyl.

For wax, the Boat Bling Quickie Sauce is hard to beat because of how simple it is to just spray it on and wipe with a towel as opposed to putting it on a towel or applicator first. The Hula Polymer Sealant works really well over a good wax. I haven't tried their cleaner wax yet.

Hula's Gnarly Water Spot Remover is pretty awesome. The chrome and stainless trim in my boat gets spotted from time to time from overspray from vinyl and not getting cleaned very well. Here's what it did:

Before:

During:

After:

Before:

After:
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-05-2013, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have been lucky to pick up Boat Bling as a sponsor since my new boat. I have a super white interior (Told never to do it) and thought I was in a world of hurt when I got it. Hit the local shop and picked up some babes since I heard only good things about it. Well it did good but never got these dirty finger smudges out of the vinyl. Wakeworld pushed me to BB so another trip to the store and found it was for a pretty damn good price also. Got the vinyl and condition sauce and the interior is brand new. I didn't feel that I got a very deep clean with Babes although worked ok. BB worked so good I though I might be hurting my seats. Contacted Zack (Owner) and he took about an hour with me to describe the product then proceeded to tell me about others with 0 negative words or bashing. He actually suggested other brands if BB wasn't available to me. I knew I was sold and came back to him and BB for support and they were more then happy to jump on board with me and my boat.
Name:  257267_4144623265687_139181482_o.jpg
Views: 2975
Size:  65.1 KB

Name:  557289_4082617595584_1518765699_n.jpg
Views: 2869
Size:  68.7 KB
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-05-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Here's a quick video of one of my bow seats after a week in Powell. I kept a damp towel to wipe the interior all week and still scrubbed the scum off with Boat Bling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_hi4kiXps
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-05-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
i use Turtle Wax Express Shine.....works just as good as all the others for the outside of the boat and about half the price
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-05-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
I recently used Hula Boat Care cleaner wax on a handful of spots on my black 2011 Axis A22. I made the mistake of towing my boat with the cover on about 200 miles and the cover scuffed the gel coat in a few places. Using the Hula cleaner wax and applying by hand I was able to remove about 90% of the scuffs. I'm confident if I use a buffer ill be able to remove the very little remaining fine scuff marks. The Hula Surf Away spray is an amazing product. It cleans easily, effortlessly, with no residue on my black hull. It also does what it claims...fewer/lighter water spots next time out and easy to wipe down. I actually like it better than Hula Gnarly Water Spot Remover. The water spot remover sprays thick, smells like you could drink it, but I found it does take two towels to use...one to apply then one to wipe and a little more pressure in order not to leave residue/swirl marks. The Surf Away Spray removed water spots easier with only one towel. I just recently got a test kit of Hula products so I'm still testing their products. So far I'm impressed with all of it except for the Gnarly Water Spot Remover. I will say this, I got under my trailer to try the Hula Gnarly Water Spot Remover and Boat Bling Hot Sauce on very hard water spots near the prop shaft (places that are hard to reach everyday). The Gnarly Water Spot Remover did remove more of the stubborn spots than the Hot Sauce in a side by side test. However, IF and only IF you hull is totally spot free then the Hot Sauce would be easier to wipe on and wipe off without residue. IF you want to do a deep cleaning of water spots, the Hula Gnarly Water Spot Remover edges out the Hot Sauce. I might end up using the Hula Surf Away detail spray as my primary water spot remover and it leaves a slick shiny finish.

Last edited by you_da_man; 03-05-2013 at 3:59 PM.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-05-2013, 6:54 PM Reply   
Bassboatsaver.com

Great stuff!
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-05-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
I have used Boat Bling inside and out since I got the boat. I decided to try the babes at all of the raving on here. I tried it about 3 trips out then went and bought the huge containers of Hot sauce and vinyl sauce. The BB products are way better in my opinion. I gave the babes away to a buddy that wasn't using anything special.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-05-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
Please accept a huge heartfelt THANK YOU for supporting Boat Bling! We're thrilled to supply a great deal of fellow WW'ers with their boat maintenance products. We know there are a number of choices on the market so your loyalty is greatly appreciated

As a way of expressing our thankfulness to our core customers we'll be conducting a few promos and group buys in the coming weeks as boats across the country begin to reappear after their winter hibernation.

As always, if anyone has any questions, concerns or feedback I'm more than happy to assist.

Zack Bale
zack@boatbling.net
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-05-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
I've used them all. My favorite right now is Boat Candy Speed Gloss and Meguiars Flagship Ultimate Boat Detailer.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-fla...-detailer.html
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-06-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Yachtbrite SMC (serious marine cleaner) works on all surfaces and I used side by side to the BB hot sauce. SMC works amazingly well, wont strip wax is half the price and readily available at west marine. We use boat in brackish/salt 70% of time and I hose down them spray amd wipe with SMC.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-06-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
I used Babes for two seasons and just accepted it for what it was (very light cleaning products, smells great, expensive). Then I recently tried the Boat Bling line after reading all the hype - no comparison, Boat Bling is no joke and will be my cleaning products going forward (unless something else better comes out at some point). Babes really doesn't do much other than just smell nice.....
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-06-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
in 2011, I used babes boat bright after every outing. Boat looked great all year. in 2012, I got some hot sauce as a gift, so I compared Babes Boat Bright to Boat Bling Hot Sauce.

The Test: Midsummer I did not wipe boat down for 2 weekends of use to build up a good layer of dirt and spots. Then I sectioned off two areas on same side of boat, in close proximity, allowed 2 pumps from each bottle and a clean dry rag for each cleaner, and then wiped for the same amount of time.

I noticed the boat bling products spray way more cleaner per pump, which is very nice and could help with the results.

Babes Boat Bright Before:

Babes Boat Bright After:

Boat Bling Hot Sauce Before:

Boat Bling Hot Sauce After:

Babes Boat bright is ok for cleaning after each use. actually feels like it puts down more waxing finish than hot sauce, but it requires Babes spot solver for anything more than a few hours old.

Hot Sauce was much easier to use, due to the volume of cleaner sprayed each pump, and it attacks water spots with ease. It left a more mirror like finish on the boat, but I ideallly would find some high quality finishing spray wax to do once in a while right after applying hot sauce. Hot sauce did not leave as much of a waxing finish feeling compared to boat bling.

currently, I like babes interior products combined with 303 and then hot sauce for the exterior. Still looking for a good spray on wax for the final finish.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-06-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
August ~ Have you tired the Quick y Sauce yet with Boat Bling?
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-06-2013, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
August ~ Have you tired the Quick y Sauce yet with Boat Bling?
Yes, I tested those the sameday I also tested hot sauce and babes spot solver, but the pics didn't come out well.

Quickie sauce removed ever so slightly more spots than boat bright, and made a better mirror finish.
Babes Spot solver removed all spots, but the finish was supper hazy, I would never use it by itself.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-06-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
Aug ~ No after all wiped down with Hot Sauce then Boat Bling Quickie Sauce for a wipe on wipe off waxing job.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-07-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the information. I might just get samples and see what works foe me. I am even more confused than ever.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-07-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
Awesome before and after photos August! If you don't mind I'll be posting those to the Boat Bling facebook page.

To answer the OP's question, everybody has their own brand of choice when it comes to cleaning products based on their own experience. Whichever products you choose, so long as you aren't using vinegar at the ramp I'll consider this thread a success

While I'd love to push you toward Boat Bling's Sauce line of Premium Detailing Products, any of the brands mentioned in prior posts are high quality and despite the unique chemistry behind each one, they will all do a great job when applied properly.

zack@boatbling.net