Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-26-2016, 6:32 AM Reply   
Hello
Looking at either of these boats

Wife goofy and I regular
Current boat is 2012 centurion sv211 and just not a great goofy wave.

Going to sell boat and get one of the he above.

We wake surf and tube.

Comment on boats?

We really like the v hull for rough days
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-26-2016, 8:21 AM Reply   
NXT22 is not a deep v, so it's not going to be as smooth on rough water. Not by a long shot.

The other side of that coin is that it will be much easier to balance for a clean wakeboard wake..... But you didn't mention any wakeboarding so that might not matter to you anyhow.

I have never surfed a S226 so can't comment. I do know that the NXT22 has both an excellent wakeboard wake and an excellent surf system surf wave. Every review I have seen also suggests the same. I didn't spend a ton of time with the boat, but did take a couple wake and surf sets with it on stock ballast plus PNP. Closest boat I could relate the wake/wave to, would be a MC X30. Surf and wake are both exceptionally clean, and surf switches are handled easily with an evenly weighted boat.

That said, It handled like it was on rails, but didn't have a very smooth ride. Pretty typical for that hull shape. If rough water ride is extremely important to you, the supreme is probably the better choice if you will only be surfing and tubing.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
The surf wake on the supreme 226 is amazing. It has been known as one of the top surf wakes for a few years now. It's a very proven wake.

The surf wake on the NXT will be a downgrade from your sv211
Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-30-2016, 7:11 PM Reply   
Thank you for feedback

I wish the s226 had a more cab forward design. A large bow is not as appealing as a large cabin.
Any ideas on resign of top of s226?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-30-2016, 8:02 PM Reply   
Go with a s238 it's not that much more money
Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-02-2016, 6:56 PM Reply   
After Wednesday powerball it will be a g23! Until then a s226 and call the line somewhere

What about the tige r22?
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-03-2016, 4:42 AM Reply   
I have to call shenanigans on that 211 not putting out a good goofy wave. I think my goofy wave on my 211 is better and longer than the regular wave if it is set up correctly... Werner we need to get together this summer if you still have your 211 and I will try my best to point your wave in the right direction for your wife. I feel her pain as I am the only goofy surfer in my family.